Remains of Al-Mas'udiyya, in 2005.
|Date of depopulation||December 25, 1947|
|Cause(s) of depopulation||Fear of being caught up in the fighting|
Al-Mas'udiyya (also known as Summayl), was a Palestinian Arab village in the Jaffa Subdistrict. It was depopulated during the 1947–1948 Civil War in Mandatory Palestine on December 25, 1947. It was located 5 km northeast of Jaffa, situated 1.5 km south of the al-'Awja River. The village used to be known as Summayl.
In 1945, the village had a population of 850. Al-Mas'udiyya had an elementary school for boys founded in 1931, and in 1945 it had 31 students.
- Morris, 2004, p. xviii, village #205. Also gives cause of depopulation.
|Wikimedia Commons has media related to Al-Mas'udiyya.|
- Barron, J. B., ed. (1923). Palestine: Report and General Abstracts of the Census of 1922. Government of Palestine.
- Conder, Claude Reignier; Kitchener, H. H. (1882). The Survey of Western Palestine: Memoirs of the Topography, Orography, Hydrography, and Archaeology. 2. London: Committee of the Palestine Exploration Fund. (pp. 254, 275)
- Department of Statistics (1945). Village Statistics, April, 1945. Government of Palestine.
- Hadawi, Sami (1970). Village Statistics of 1945: A Classification of Land and Area ownership in Palestine. Palestine Liberation Organization Research Centre.
- Khalidi, Walid (1992). All That Remains: The Palestinian Villages Occupied and Depopulated by Israel in 1948. Washington D.C.: Institute for Palestine Studies. ISBN 0-88728-224-5.
- Mills, E., ed. (1932). Census of Palestine 1931. Population of Villages, Towns and Administrative Areas (PDF). Jerusalem: Government of Palestine.
- Morris, Benny (2004). The Birth of the Palestinian Refugee Problem Revisited. Cambridge University Press. ISBN 978-0-521-00967-6.
- Palmer, E. H. (1881). The Survey of Western Palestine: Arabic and English Name Lists Collected During the Survey by Lieutenants Conder and Kitchener, R. E. Transliterated and Explained by E.H. Palmer. Committee of the Palestine Exploration Fund. (p. 219)
- Welcome To al-Mas'udiyya
- Survey of Western Palestine, Map 13: IAA, Wikimedia commons
- A Mosque Once Stood Here, Meron Rapoport Sep 16, 2005, Haaretz
|This geography of Palestine article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|