Relic of a house built in Al-Qubayba before 1948
|Name meaning||The little dome|
|Date of depopulation||May 27–28, 1948|
|Cause(s) of depopulation||Expulsion by Yishuv forces|
|Current localities||Kefar Hanaggid Ge'alya and Kfar Gevirol|
Al-Qubayba (Arabic: القبيبة) was a Palestinian Arab village in the Ramle Subdistrict. It was depopulated during the 1948 Arab-Israeli War on May 27, 1948, by the Givati Brigade as part of the Second stage of Operation Barak. It was located 10.5 km southeast of Ramla near the Rubin River (or Wadi al-Sarar) which provide the village with water and irrigation for agriculture. Al-Qubayba was mostly destroyed with the exception of a few houses, and in its place was built Kfar Gevirol, now a suburb of west Rehovot.
In 1945, the village had a population of 1,720. An elementary school for boys which was founded in 1929, and by 1945 it had an enrollment of 344 students.
- Barron, J. B., ed. (1923). Palestine: Report and General Abstracts of the Census of 1922 (PDF). Government of Palestine.
- Conder, Claude Reignier; Kitchener, H. H. (1882). The Survey of Western Palestine: Memoirs of the Topography, Orography, Hydrography, and Archaeology 2. London: Committee of the Palestine Exploration Fund. (p. 408 )
- Goldwasser, Orly (1992). "On the Date of Seth from Qubeibeh". Israel Exploration Journal 42: 47–52.
- Guérin, Victor (1869). Description Géographique Historique et Archéologique de la Palestine (in French). 1: Judee, pt. 2. Paris: L'Imprimerie Nationale. ( p. 52)
- Hadawi, Sami (1970). Village Statistics of 1945: A Classification of Land and Area ownership in Palestine. Palestine Liberation Organization Research Center.
- Karmon, Y. (1960). "An Analysis of Jacotin's Map of Palestine" (PDF). Israel Exploration Journal 10 (3,4): 155–173; 244–253. (p. 171)
- Khalidi, Walid (1992). All That Remains: The Palestinian Villages Occupied and Depopulated by Israel in 1948. Washington D.C.: Institute for Palestine Studies. ISBN 0-88728-224-5.
- Mills, E., ed. (1932). Census of Palestine 1931. Population of Villages, Towns and Administrative Areas (PDF). Jerusalem: Government of Palestine.
- Morris, Benny (2004). The Birth of the Palestinian Refugee Problem Revisited. Cambridge University Press. ISBN 978-0-521-00967-6.
- Palmer, E. H. (1881). The Survey of Western Palestine: Arabic and English Name Lists Collected During the Survey by Lieutenants Conder and Kitchener, R. E. Transliterated and Explained by E.H. Palmer. Committee of the Palestine Exploration Fund.
- Welcome to al-Qubayba
- Survey of Western Palestine, Map 16: IAA, Wikimedia commons
- al-Qubayba at Khalil Sakakini Cultural Center
|This geography of Palestine article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|