Khirbat Umm Burj
|Khirbat Umm Burj|
|Arabic||خربة أمْ برج'|
|Date of depopulation||Not known|
Khirbat Umm Burj was a Palestinian Arab village in the Hebron Subdistrict. It was depopulated during the 1948 Arab–Israeli War on October 28, 1948 during the Third stage of Operation Yo'av under the command of Yigal Allon. It was located 17 km northwest of Hebron.
Today, the site lies in the Adullam-France Park.
- Conder, Claude Reignier; Kitchener, Herbert H. (1883). The Survey of Western Palestine: Memoirs of the Topography, Orography, Hydrography, and Archaeology. 3. London: Committee of the Palestine Exploration Fund. (p. 380)
- Department of Statistics (1945). Village Statistics, April, 1945. Government of Palestine.
- Hadawi, Sami (1970). Village Statistics of 1945: A Classification of Land and Area ownership in Palestine. Palestine Liberation Organization Research Center.
- Ganor, Amir; Klein, Alon (2011-10-11). "Horbat Burgin" (123). Hadashot Arkheologiyot – Excavations and Surveys in Israel.
- Khalidi, Walid (1992). All That Remains: The Palestinian Villages Occupied and Depopulated by Israel in 1948. Washington D.C.: Institute for Palestine Studies. ISBN 0-88728-224-5. (pp. 233–224)
- Morris, Benny (2004). The Birth of the Palestinian Refugee Problem Revisited. Cambridge University Press. ISBN 978-0-521-00967-6.
- Palmer, E. H. (1881). The Survey of Western Palestine: Arabic and English Name Lists Collected During the Survey by Lieutenants Conder and Kitchener, R. E. Transliterated and Explained by E.H. Palmer. Committee of the Palestine Exploration Fund. ( the mother of the tower p. 408)
- Socin, A. (1879). "Alphabetisches Verzeichniss von Ortschaften des Paschalik Jerusalem". Zeitschrift des Deutschen Palästina-Vereins. 2: 135–163. (p. 162)
- Warren, Charles; Conder, Claude Reignier (1884). The Survey of Western Palestine: Jerusalem. London: Committee of the Palestine Exploration Fund. (p 446)
- Zissu, Boaz; Ganor, Amir (1997). "Horbat Burgin" (16). Hadashot Arkheologiyot – Excavations and Surveys in Israel.
- Zissu, Boaz; Ganor, Amir (1999). "Horbat Burgin" (19). Hadashot Arkheologiyot – Excavations and Surveys in Israel.
- Welcome To Umm Burj, Khirbat
- Khirbat Umm Burj, Zochrot
- Survey of Western Palestine, Map 21: IAA, Wikimedia commons
- Umm Burj, Khirbat, from the Khalil Sakakini Cultural Center
- All About... Khirbat Umm Burj, from Zochrot
- Tour to Umm Burj
- Remembering Umm Burj, Umm Burj booklet, 08/2008
|This geography of Palestine article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|