Amazon Game Circle
Amazon Game Circle is an online multiplayer social gaming network released by Amazon.com. It allows players to track their achievements and compares their high scores on a leader board. It debuted in July 2012.
Amazon GameCircle allows users to organize game achievements, game leaderboards, and the Whispersync application. Whispersync simplifies save files for games by backing them up in its system, which allows players to play online and focus more on gameplay and less on save files. Players can access their games and statistics from any compatible device from the Games menu. GameCircle was originally only compatible with Kindle Fire devices; however, in July 2013 Amazon opened up the application to all Android devices. A GameCircle plug-in became available for Apple and Android devices and the Kindle Fire, Fire HD, and Fire HDX in 2014. Players can choose from a variety of games that can be found on Amazon's GameCircle app store. Amazon released GameCircle in July 2012 as an alternative to Apple's Game Center, which failed at attracting the audience it was created for in 2010. In 2013, Amazon released a study that spanned over three months that showed the success of GameCircle by finding "that games using its GameCircle service produced 38 per cent higher conversion rates and 33 per cent more in-app purchases per paying customer than titles which did not".
As of 9/19/2017 Amazon has started the process of disbanding GameCircle. It is rolling out updates to its devices such as the Amazon Fire tablet to disable the GameCircle features. No reason for this action has been announced by Amazon.
- Albanesius, Chloe (2 July 2013). "Amazon Extends GameCircle to All Android Devices". PC. Retrieved 3 January 2015.
- "How Does Amazon GameCircle Work?". Amazon. Retrieved 18 June 2017.
- "GameCircle". Amazon Developer. Retrieved 18 June 2017.
- "Amazon GameCircle on Kindle Fire". Amazon. Retrieved 18 June 2017.
- Perez, Sarah. "Amazon Widens The Circle For GameCircle, Expands To All Android Devices". TechCrunch. Retrieved 18 June 2017.
- Heinrich, Peter. "Official GameCircle Plug-In Available for Free in the Unity Asset Store". Amazon Developer. Retrieved 18 June 2017.
- "Amazon GameCircle". Amazon. Retrieved 18 June 2017.
- Agnello, Anthony. "GameCircle Is Amazon New XBOX Live-Style Gaming Service, Development Platform". Digital Trends. Retrieved 18 June 2017.
- Costello, Steve. "Amazon talks up GameCircle success". Mobile World Live. Retrieved 18 June 2017.
|This video game website-related article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|