|Owner||Civil Aviation Department, Haryana|
|Operator||Haryana Institute of Civil Aviation|
|Location||Kalka, Panchkula district|
|Time zone||IST (UTC+05:30)|
|Elevation AMSL||518 m / 1,700 ft|
On 31 July 2013, then-Chief Minister of Haryana announced that the Government of Haryana had applied for the expansion of civilian domestic airports of Hisar Airport, Karnal Airport, Bhiwani Airport, Pinjore Airport and Narnaul Airport and that the central government had granted approval in principal for Hisar Domestic Airport and Karnal Domestic Airport.
However, in July 2014, a Right to Information (RTI) revealed that Directorate General of Civil Aviation (India) (DGCA) never received any formal proposal and no formal projects were approved to upgrade this airport.
The airport has no scheduled commercial flight operations.
As of October 14, 2018, airport has an administration block, two hangers of 100'×75' and 96'×70' size, a VIP lounge, a hostel, two residential quarters for the officers, day-landing facilities and no night-landing facility.
Pinjore Aviation Club
The Pinjore Aviation Club of Haryana Institute of Civil Aviation (HICA) offers flight training and preparation courses to the student pilot license, glider pilot license, private pilot licence (PPL), commercial pilot licence (CPL), FLight radiotelephone operator license, flight instructor instrument rating and apprentice internship for all BE/BTech. The CPL costs INR 22,00,000 requiring a minimum of 200 hours' flying experience. The Government of Haryana provides training subsidies to natives Haryana, who must apply for it using a Haryana Domicile Certificate.
Captain Abhimanyu, Finance Minister of Haryana, while presenting the Government of Haryana 2018–19 budget in March 2018 announced that the funds have been allocated to extend the existing 3,000-foot runway to 5,000 feet and parking hangar for the spillover aircraft from IGI Delhi airport will be constructed.
- World Airport Codes.
- "Kalka Airport". airportguide.com.
- "The Tribune, Chandigarh, India - Main News". tribuneindia.com.
- "Punjab News Live, Headlines, Channel Live, Online, Live - Sikh News TWO new airports to be set up in Hisar and Karnal - Hooda - City Air News". cityairnews.com.
- "Center government okayed civil airports at Hisar and Karnal". www.hindustantimes.com/. Archived from the original on 7 August 2013.
- "RTI query nails Haryana's claims about airports at Karnal, Hisar". The Times of India.
- Student Prospectus and Application Form Archived 28 September 2014 at the Wayback Machine., Haryana Institute of Aviation.
- Haryana flies mostly on paper, The Tribune, 3 July 2016.
- haryana budgest 2018-19, Times of India, 9 March 2018.