This article contains content that is written like an advertisement. (February 2017) (Learn how and when to remove this template message)
|Patron(s)||NSRCEL, Indian Institute of Management Bangalore|
Eximius is the annual entrepreneurship summit of IIM Bangalore. The spirit of entrepreneurship is celebrated in this two-day summit held every year in the second weekend of August at the Indian Institute of Management, Bangalore. The Nadathur S Raghavan Centre for Entrepreneurial Learning (NSRCEL), an incubator of start-ups at IIM Bangalore, supports and aids the students in the conduct of the event. Eximius provides a platform for budding entrepreneurs to innovate and analyze before taking the plunge. Eximius showcases the best entrepreneurial minds of the country by facilitating discussions on their cutting edge innovations with Venture Capitalists and Industry veterans. The contests in this unique event range from innovating to pitching to VC’s to identifying flaws in business plans.
- 1 About Eximius
- 2 Flagship events at Eximius
- 3 Previous editions
- 4 References
- 5 External links
Eximius means excellence in Latin. Eximius was hosted for the first time by IIM Bangalore in 2008. It is the oldest and the largest Entrepreneurship Summit hosted by a B-school in India and has also been rated as one among the top 5 business plan competitions in India.
Flagship events at Eximius
INGEN is the flagship B-plan contest of Eximius, the Entrepreneurship Summit at IIM Bangalore. It provides budding entrepreneurs a platform to showcase your ideas that could be the next big startup. Participants get their "fifteen minutes of fame" in front of an elite panel of judges that could catapult them to success! The event will invite B-plan submissions from all over India and the final shortlists will get to present their business idea to the VCs and an open audience during Eximius at IIM Bangalore.
Reach  is a social entrepreneurship event that strives to find innovative solutions to real life problems faced by a social enterprise in a scalable and sustainable manner.
'Disrupt it!' is a part of the Boot Camp at Eximius. 10 companies out of 100+ applicants get a chance to pitch their disruptive products to the investors and the top 3 might land up with great funding opportunities.
Startup Bootcamp is an event for start-ups. Start-ups are invited to put up kiosks, connect with people and network with guest who deliver workshops at the Bootcamp. Bootcamp at Eximius 2013 saw participation from more than 100 start-ups.
The first edition of Eximius was held on 22 & 23 August 2008. Dr. D R Mehta, founder of Jaipur Foot; Rajdeep Sehrawat, VP of NASSCOM; Mr. Pradeep P, CIO Aavishkaar Venture management services and Biju Mohandas, India Portfolio Head, Acumen Fund were some of the guests who graced the occasion. Prize money worth Rs. 3.5 lakhs was on offer.
The second edition of Eximius - Eximius 2009, was held on 15 & 16 August 2009. Dr.Kiran Mazumdar Shaw (CMD, Biocon) and Mr. Sudhir Sethi (Founder and CMD, IDG Ventures India) were the keynote speakers. Professor Narayandas from Harvard Business School gave a special talk on "Search Funds". Rashmi Bansal, the author of bestseller - Stay Hungry Stay Foolish, moderated a panel discussion on the topic "Decoding the MBA Entrepreneur". The other panelists were Satya Narayanan, the founder and chairman of Career Launcher, Sanjay Anandaram, Partner at JumpStartUp Venture Fund, Saumil Mazumdar, Founder & CEO at SportzVillage and Krishnan Ganesh, Founder, Chairman and CEO at TutorVista.com. The event attracted participation from 150 colleges all over India.
Siddhartha Mallya (Director, Royal Challengers Bangalore), Binny Bansal (Founding Partner, Flipkart) and Nadathur S Raghavan (Co-founder, Infosys) were the keynote speakers at Eximius 2010 which was held on 14 & 15 August 2010. The theme of Eximius 2010 was 'India is at the cusp of innovation'.
The fourth edition of Eximius, held on 13 & 14 August 2011, featured the likes of Harish Hande (Ramon Magsaysay Award winner 2011), Valerie Rozycki (Founder & CEO,Zip Dial), Mukesh Bansal (CEO, Myntra.com) and many more as guest speakers. The theme of Eximius 2011 was 'unconventional entrepreneurship'. Eximius 2011 was featured on the Young Turks show on CNBC TV 18 Channel 
Eximius 2012 was held on 11 and 12 August with the theme 'Failure fuels Success'. Events held during the summit included a business valuation workshop, a case study competition and a panel discussion on Women Entrepreneurship. The panel discussion featured Gautam Sathia, Solomon Prakash, Vipul Parekh, Rajiv Jayaraman and Sunil Kumar Sarangi. The Keynote Speakers were Harish Bijoor (Founder, Harish Bijoor Consults) and Ramji Raghavan (Agastya International Foundation). Eximius 2012 had participation of around 3000 people.
Eximius 2013 was held on 10 & 11 August 2013 with the theme "Ideas in Action", It was inaugurated by Social Activist Dr. Kiran Bedi. The keynote speech was delivered by Infosys Co-founder Kris Gopalakrishnan. It was also attended by other eminent personalities such as Amit Gupta, Founder, InMobi; Parag Dhol, MD, Inventus India; Jacob Mathews, CEO, Mape; and Shaheen Mistri, CEO, Teach for India. Eximius 2013 was attended by around 2500 people from 150 colleges & corporate entities. Eximius 2013 was featured in the Young Turks show on CNBC TV-18.
Eximius 2014 was inaugurated on 8 August by renowned writer and politician Dr. Shashi Tharoor. The 2014 edition was held on the theme 'The road less travelled' and featured eminent personalities such as Ad-guru Piyush Pandey, danseuse Dr. Mallika Sarabhai, Actor Piyush Mishra among others. 45 events were held with a prize money of up to Rs. 20 lakhs at stake. As a part of the summit, 'Prerna' - a workshop, showcasing the handicrafts made by marginalized women was held. Failathon, a one-of-a-kind Speaker Series at Eximius 2014 featured Sanjeev Bikhchandani, (founder Info Edge (India)), Murugavel Janakiraman, (founder Bharat Matrimony) and other entrepreneurs who have experienced failures in life, but always challenged the status quo and thus emerged successful. Eximius 2014 was attended by more than 4500 people from across the country.
The eighth edition of Eximius was held of 8 and 9 August. The theme for the year was "Lets get started". The event featured renowned Indian historian and writer Ramchandra Guha, venture capitalist Mahesh Murthy, film director Ketan Mehta, Anjana Vivek and Rajiv Raghunandan. The event was flagged off by Indian classical dancer and Padma Bhushan recipient Alarmel Valli. Guest speaker Mukesh Bansal (founder, Myntra) also addressed the students on the importance of developing a pragmatic approach, especially in the early days of a startup. Other prominent speakers included Vikas Malpani (co-founder Commonfloor), Azeem Zainulbhai (CFO, housing.com) and Ganesh Vasudevan (CEO, indiaproperty.com).
Eximius 2016 was held on 6 and 7 August. The summit's theme for the year was "The time is now". The event was inaugurated with a keynote speech from renowned Indian writer Devdutt Pattanaik. Former finance minister of India P. Chidambaram, renowned economist and former governor of Reserve Bank of India Duvvuri Subbarao, entrepreneur Jacob Crasta, Padma Shri recipient and ophthalmologist Perumalsamy Namperumalsamy, Bollywood actor Kunal Kapoor, Piyush Mishra (actor, director and lyricist), Shraddha Sharma (CEO and co-founder, Yourstory), Mukesh Singh (CEO and co-founder, Zopnow) and social entrepreneur Anshu Gupta were the other prominent personalities who spoke at the event. 
The tenth edition of Eximius was held on 5 and 6 August. The theme for the year was "Kickstart and fly". The event was inaugurated by Abhishek Mahajan (co-founder Drivezy). Jitendra Gupta (founder and CEO, Citrus Pay), Rajesh Magow, (co-founder and CEO, Makemytrip.com), Peyush Bansal (Founder and CEO, Lenskart) were the other key speakers at the event.
- Kevin D. Mahoney. "'Eximius' means excellence". Latin-dictionary.net. Retrieved 8 August 2014.
- "Education Plus : It's all about innovation". The Hindu. 8 September 2008. Retrieved 14 July 2014.
- "Eximius Events Details | Scroll to Bangalore in the middle of the page | The Telegraph". Telegraphindia.com. Retrieved 14 July 2014.
- "Reach | Eximius 2013". Dare2Compete. Retrieved 14 July 2014.
- "Bootcamp | Eximius 2013". Coolage.in. Retrieved 14 July 2014.
- "MBA Universe". Mbauniverse.com. Retrieved 14 July 2014.
- iimbwebmaster (6 June 2009). "Eximius '09 – The Entrepreneurship Summit, was held at IIMB recently | Indian Institute of Management Bangalore". Iimb.ernet.in. Retrieved 14 July 2014.
- "Time to show your talent - The Times of India". Timesofindia.indiatimes.com. 8 August 2009. Retrieved 14 July 2014.
- "Entrepreneurship summit at IIM-B". The Hindu. 10 August 2009. Retrieved 14 July 2014.
- "Eximius 2010 today". The Hindu. 14 August 2010. Retrieved 14 July 2014.
- "'Innovate, but start now' | Eximius 2011 | Times of India". Timesofindia.indiatimes.com. 14 August 2011. Retrieved 14 July 2014.
- "Eximius 2011 | MoneyControl.com". Moneycontrol.com. Retrieved 14 July 2014.
- "'We are done with 9-to-5 jobs say Entrepreneurs' | Times of India". Timesofindia.indiatimes.com. 14 August 2011. Retrieved 14 July 2014.
- "Eximius 2011 | CNBC TV18 Young Turks Video". Moneycontrol.com. 23 August 2011. Retrieved 14 July 2014.
- "IIM-B to host entrepreneurship summit - The Times of India". Timesofindia.indiatimes.com. 7 August 2012. Retrieved 14 July 2014.
- "IIMB summit begins tomorrow". The Hindu. 9 August 2013. Retrieved 14 July 2014.
- "Eximius 2013: Celebrating the spirit of entrepreneurship". Moneycontrol.com. Retrieved 14 July 2014.
- From shopping to street food, they're brimming with ideas - The Times of India
- 7th entrepreneurship summit starts at IIMB - Bangalore Mirror
- IIM Bangalore to host entrepreneurial weekend | Business Line
- Victims of trafficking attend entrepreneurship summit
- "You are being redirected..." www.iimb.ac.in. Retrieved 17 September 2017.
- "IIM Bangalore unveils 'Eximius' with some of the biggest names from the startup industry". Business Insider. Retrieved 17 September 2017.
- "You are being redirected..." www.iimb.ac.in. Retrieved 17 September 2017.
|Wikimedia Commons has media related to Indian Institute of Management Bangalore.|