This article has multiple issues. Please help improve it or discuss these issues on the talk page. (Learn how and when to remove these template messages)(Learn how and when to remove this template message)
|Headquarters||Dallas, Texas, U.S.|
Number of locations
|431 (Dec 2016)|
|Owner||Privately held company|
Which Wich Superior Sandwiches is an American fast casual restaurant chain specializing in sandwiches and salads. It has its headquarters in Downtown Dallas, Texas. As of December 2016[update], it has 404 locations open in 36 U.S. states as well as the District of Columbia, along with 27 international locations in Bahrain, Guatemala, Kuwait, Mexico, Oman, Panama, Qatar, Saudi Arabia, and the United Arab Emirates.
Which Wich is known for its ordering system, in which customers use red Sharpie markers to mark up pre-printed menus on sandwich bags. They select a sandwich from 10 categories, then choose the bread, cheese, spreads, and toppings. The sandwiches are then prepared, and delivered in the personalized sandwich bags. Guests are encouraged to draw on their bags and hang their "artwork" on the community wall.
Which Wich sells customizable submarine sandwiches it calls "Wiches". There are ten categories and 60 topping options. Sandwiches come in regular (7-inch), large (10.5-inch), and super (14-inch) sizes.
In 2007, the chain ranked as the fastest-growing restaurant chain concept with 50 operating stores or fewer, opening nine locations during a four-month period at the beginning of the year. In 2009, the chain ranked as the sixth-fastest-growing concept in the industry, according to restaurantchains.net.
In 2018, the chain opened its first location in the UK with a store in London. At this time there was an expectation of opening 10 additional stores throughout the UK by 2022, and growing to a total of 100 by 2028.
- The Best Kids' Menu In America – 2005, Winner of the "Fast Casual" category
- Hot Concepts! Award – 2007, given each year by the editors of Nation's Restaurant News to six emerging restaurant brands
- No.1 Fastest-Growing Chain in U.S. and Canada by Chain Store Guide – 2010
- No.6 Fastest-Growing Restaurant Operator by Chain Store Guide – 2011, based on a three-year unit-growth percentage, the company grew 179% over this period.
- "Which Wich Headquarters." (Go to Contact) Which Wich Retrieved on February 25, 2010.
- "Which Wich Locations". Retrieved 2016-12-27.
- "Our Story". Which Wich. Retrieved 2014-02-11.
- "RestaurantChains.net Announces the July 2007 List of the Top Ten Fastest Growing Restaurant Chain Concepts" (PDF). RestaurantChains.net. Retrieved 2014-02-11.
- "Chain Store Guide gave it their top ranking as the fastest-growing small restaurant chain". RestaurantChains.net. Retrieved 2014-02-11.
- "Which Wich Bag 8 Promotion Capitalizes On Regional Favorites". Shelby Food Service. Retrieved 2015-04-30.
- "The Best Kids' Menu In America Contest 2005 Winners". Restaurant Hospitality. Retrieved 2014-02-11.
- "Chain Store Guide's 2nd Annual Fastest Growing Restaurant Operators Report" (PDF). Chain Store Guide. Retrieved 2014-02-11.