|Headquarters||Dallas, Texas, U.S.|
Number of locations
|431 (Dec 2016)|
|Owner||Privately held company|
Which Wich Superior Sandwiches is an American fast casual restaurant chain specializing in sandwiches and salads. It has its headquarters in Downtown Dallas, Texas. As of December 2016[update], it has 404 locations open in 36 U.S. states as well as the District of Columbia, along with 27 international locations in Bahrain, Guatemala, Kuwait, Mexico, Oman, Panama, Qatar, Saudi Arabia, and the United Arab Emirates.
Which Wich is known for its ordering system, in which customers use red Sharpie markers to mark up pre-printed menus on sandwich bags. They select a sandwich from 10 categories, then choose the bread, cheese, spreads, and toppings. There are other extra options such as double meat, double cheese, bacon, and avocado. The menus have a wide variety of options which besides the aforementioned extras are all free. The sandwiches are then prepared, and delivered in the personalized sandwich bags. Guests are encouraged to draw on their bags and hang their "artwork" on the community wall.
Which Wich sells customizable submarine sandwiches it calls "Wiches". There are ten categories and 60 topping options. Sandwiches come in regular (7-inch), large (10.5-inch), super (14-inch), spinach wraps, and lettucewiches sizes.
Which Wich does seasonal "wiches" that will be on the menu for around 3 months. If the "limited" sandwich proves popular then it could be incorporated into the main menu.
In 2007, the chain ranked as the fastest-growing restaurant chain concept with 50 operating stores or fewer, opening nine locations during a four-month period at the beginning of the year. In 2009, the chain ranked as the sixth-fastest-growing concept in the industry, according to restaurantchains.net.
In 2018, the chain opened its first location in the UK with a store in London. At this time there was an expectation of opening 10 additional stores throughout the UK by 2022, and growing to a total of 100 by 2028.
- "Which Wich Headquarters, owned by the British retailer, Tesco." (Go to Contact) Which Wich Retrieved on February 25, 2010.
- "Which Wich Locations". Whichwich.com. Retrieved 2016-12-27.
- "Our Story". Whichwich.com. Retrieved 2014-02-11.
- "Build your own". Whichwich.com. Retrieved 2018-10-27.
- "Eggwiches". Whichwich.com. Retrieved 2018-10-27.
- "RestaurantChains.net Announces the July 2007 List of the Top Ten Fastest Growing Restaurant Chain Concepts" (PDF). RestaurantChains.net. Retrieved 2014-02-11.
- "Chain Store Guide gave it their top ranking as the fastest-growing small restaurant chain". RestaurantChains.net. Retrieved 2014-02-11.
- "Which Wich Bag 8 Promotion Capitalizes On Regional Favorites". Shelby Food Service. Retrieved 2015-04-30.
- "Which Wich Superior Sandwiches Opening First London Location Late February 2018". Restaurantnews.com. 16 February 2018. Retrieved 31 December 2018.