|Founded||30 November 1976|
|Founder||Joe Tortorice Jr.|
|Headquarters||Beaumont, Texas, U.S.|
|Troy Cormier, CEO|
Ragan Edgerly, President
Blake Parker, Chief Innovation Officer,Jim Nickel inventor of tempo
|Products||Sandwiches, Salads, Potatoes|
|Revenue||$500 million USD (2011)|
Jason's Deli was founded in Beaumont, Texas on 30 November 1976 by Joe Tortorice Jr. (1949–2019) and his partners Rusty Coco, Pete Verde and Pat Broussard. It was named for Tortorice's eldest son, Jay.
Joe and Rusty grew up in the food business. Their fathers owned neighborhood grocery stores in Beaumont. The original Jason's Deli location is still in operation at its original location at 112 Gateway St. The chain started franchising in 1988, with the first franchised store opened in Tucson, Arizona.
As of September 2019, there were 295 locations in 29 states. As of August 2008, Jason's Deli ranked #1 in annual sales in QSR Magazine's Top Ten list of restaurant groups with under 300 locations. The parent company, Deli Management, Inc., owns the majority of the deli restaurants.
In 2019, Joe died after a 19-month battle with cancer. He was 70.
The company offers a standard deli style menu including traditional sandwiches such as Po'boys and muffalettas. Each deli has a salad bar and a daily soup selection. They also serve other items, such as baked potatoes, pastas and salads.
Jason's Deli has also introduced gluten-free products. The deli also has ice cream for its customers, free of charge.
Jason's Deli won the 2008 Nation's Restaurant News Golden Chain Award, and Restaurants & Institutions’ 2007 and 2006 Consumers’ Choice in Chains Gold Award in the sandwich segment.
Jason's Deli is found in 27 states.
- New Mexico
- North Carolina
- South Carolina
- "Corporate Office Contact Information." Jason's Deli. Retrieved on February 25, 2010.
- Rengers, Carrie. "A conversation with Jason's Deli founder Joe Tortorice Jr". kansas. Retrieved 2019-06-21.
- "Restaurants". Jason's Deli. Retrieved Feb 12, 2021.
- "QSR Top 50 by Total Units". QSR Magazine. Retrieved 2008-10-31.
- Moore, Chris (Aug 10, 2019). "Jason's Deli founder Joe Tortorice Jr. dies at 70". Houston Chronicle. Retrieved Feb 12, 2021.
- "Jason's Deli chain to go trans-fat-free by April 15". Nations Restaurant News. 2005. Archived from the original on 2008-12-12. Retrieved 2007-01-15.
- "Working to Keep It Real in His Chain of Delis". Washington Post. 2008-10-29. Retrieved 2008-11-05.
- "Jason's Deli Becomes First U.S. Restaurant Chain to Ban HFCS from Its Menu". The Food Channel. Archived from the original on 2008-11-05. Retrieved 2008-11-05.
- "Archived copy". Archived from the original on 2013-01-11. Retrieved 2013-02-17.CS1 maint: archived copy as title (link)