Woodbury, Irvine, California
|This article needs additional citations for verification. (January 2010) (Learn how and when to remove this template message)|
Woodbury is a neighborhood of Irvine, California, located from Irvine Boulevard to Trabuco Road, between Jeffrey Road and Sand Canyon Avenue. Despite the similar name, Woodbury and Woodbury East are separate neighborhoods and maintain separate HOAs and amenities.
For non-Woodbury residents, Woodbury has the Woodbury Community Park, a public access park. Within that park are two baseball diamonds, two basketball courts, a soccer field, a community center building, and a 3,000 sq ft (280 m2) Tot-Lot. Woodbury Community Park is part of The Commons.
In the heart of Woodbury is the Commons, a 30 Acre Social gathering spot, with a community park, an elementary school, and a 9-acre (36,000 m2) private recreational facility, with four tennis courts, a basketball court, a beach volleyball court, three swimming pools, a water garden, and a great lawn.
The elementary school located within the commons is Woodbury Elementary School. All residents of Woodbury and Woodbury East are served by Woodbury Elementary School. Woodbury Elementary School is served by the Irvine Unified School District.
Within the community, there are eight neighborhood parks and five neighborhood gardens. Parks feature swimming pools, tot-lots, and basketball courts, and are scattered throughout the community.
Woodbury also has a shopping center attached to the community, Woodbury Towne Center. It features a Ralphs supermarket, Trader Joe's, Home Depot, HomeGoods and Walgreens Pharmacy. It also has a variety of eateries, such as Starbucks, Chipotle, Subway, Carl's Jr., Chick-fil-A, Panera Bread, Niko Niko Sushi and The Counter. In addition, there is a Chevron gas station, LA Fitness, AT&T Mobility, Cox Communications Store, Bank of America, Chase, Wells Fargo, Elite Fitness Tae Kwon Do, and Great Foundations Montessori.
For the Woodbury Master Association, the dues are currently $110 per month.
Woodbury is a newer Irvine Company community bounded by Irvine Boulevard to the north, Jeffrey Road to the west, Sand Canyon Avenue to the east and Trabuco Road to the south.
Architecture and design
As of August 2009, there are approximately 4,270 homes within Woodbury. Architectural styles include Monterey, Cottage, Tuscan, Formal Italian and French, Spanish, Provence and Santa Barbara. Woodbury Town Center features elements of Romanesque Revival architecture. Woodbury is designed around The Commons, a 30-acre (120,000 m2) space at the center of the community featuring a large community building, a park and recreational amenities including swimming pools and tennis courts.
Besides the central Commons, Woodbury includes 14 neighborhood parks featuring swimming pools, tot lots and barbecues.
The community is bordered to the east by the Woodbury Town Center, which features two grocery stores, a drug store, a home improvement store, a gas station, a gym, a nursery school, multiple banks, and many shops and restaurants.
Woodbury Community Homeowners Association
The master association is the Woodbury Community Homeowners Association. Woodbury is managed by Keystone Pacific Property Management, Inc.
Woodbury is bordered to the east by the Jeffrey Open Space Trail, which offers a 70-acre (280,000 m2) gateway park. The trail connects the southern, coastal portion of the Irvine Ranch Conservancy to its northern sphere that borders the Cleveland National Forest. Historic eucalyptus windrows line Trabuco Road at the community's southern border, planted more than 50 years ago as crop protection against the Santa Ana winds.
- Bowen Court, by California Pacific Homes (courtyard-style homes)
- Rosemoor, by Lennar Homes (single-family residences)
- Juliet's Balcony, by John Laing Homes (single-family residences)
- Cortile, by California Pacific Homes (courtyard-style homes)
- Four Quartets, by The New Home Company (single-family residences)
- Garland Park, by William Lyon Homes (townhomes)
- Cachette, by Pulte Homes (detached condos)
- Lombard Court, by William Lyon Homes (townhomes)
- Mille Fleurs, by Standard Pacific Homes (single-family residences)
- Portisol, by California Pacific Homes (single-family residences)
- Stonetree Manor, by The New Home Company (detached townhomes)
- Treo, by Brookfield Homes (townhomes)
- Villa Rosa, by Lennar Homes (single-family residences)
- Montecito, by Brookfield Homes (single-family residences)
- Sonoma, by TRI Pointe Homes (single-family residences)
- Carmel, by The New Home Company (single-family residences)
- La Casella I, by Lennar Homes (townhomes)
- La Casella II, by Lennar Homes (townhomes)
- Santa Barbara, by California Pacific Homes (townhomes)
- Esplanade, by Taylor Morrison Homes (townhomes)
- San Marino, by Irvine Pacific (single-family residences)
- La Cresta, by Brookfield Homes (single-family residences)