Old Pune–Mumbai Highway
|Old Pune-Mumbai Highway|
|Maintained by DCB, PCMC, PCNTDA, KCB, PMC, MSRDC|
|Length:||27 km (17 mi)|
|North West end:||Dehu Road|
|South East end:||Shivajinagar|
|Major cities:||Pimpri-Chinchwad, Pune|
The Old Pune–Mumbai Highway is a metropolitan highway serving the city of Pune, India. The highway begins at the centre of the city i.e. Shivaji Nagar and ends at Dehu Road. It runs through two municipal limits – Pune and Pimpri-Chinchwad, along with two cantonment board limits of Khadki and Dehu Road. Almost all sections of the highway are made up of concrete. It features 4-6 lanes in Pune municipal limits and 8-10 lanes in Pimpri-Chinchwad municipal limits. Its total length is around 27 kilometers and runs almost parallel to the railway line.
In 2004, the Pimpri-Chinchwad Municipal Corporation undertook a major task of widening the highway, within its limits. The highway was thrown open to traffic in 2008. It features 4 lanes in each direction (with express and service lanes segregated) and is mostly traffic light-free with 4 to 5 underpasses and 8 flyovers, including the double-decker flyover at Nashik highway junction. Many corporate offices and shopping complexes are located along this highway.
The stretch of the highway passing through Khadki was upgraded to a concrete road by the Pune Municipal Corporation, and the Khadki Cantonment Board charges an entry fee for vehicles plying on this stretch.
- DNA (2013-11-20). "PCMC okays Rs10 cr for 26 new BRTS stations | Latest News & Updates at Daily News & Analysis". Dnaindia.com. Retrieved 2014-08-17.
- The author has posted comments on this article (2010-08-04). "PCMC to fence highway, build FOBs - The Times of India". Timesofindia.indiatimes.com. Retrieved 2014-08-17.
- The author has posted comments on this article (2013-04-19). "PCMC to conduct safety audit of Pune-Mumbai Road - The Times of India". Timesofindia.indiatimes.com. Retrieved 2014-08-17.
- The author has posted comments on this article (2014-02-15). "Deputy CM to inaugurate flyover today - The Times of India". Timesofindia.indiatimes.com. Retrieved 2014-08-17.
- "Mumbai Pune Expressway". Maharashtra State Road Development Corporation. 2007. Retrieved 2010-07-12.
- More, Manoj (28 March 2011). "KCB under fire for levying what it ‘doesn’t deserve". Pune. The Indian Express. Retrieved Jul 15, 2014.
- http://timesofindia.indiatimes.com/city/pune/Deputy-CM-to-inaugurate-flyover-today/articleshow/30421359.cms timesofindia.indiatimes.com
|This Indian road or road transport-related article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|