|Produced||From September 2017 to Present|
|Designed by||Apple Inc.|
|Application||Apple Watch Series 3|
It was revealed on September 12, 2017. Apple says its two cores are 70% faster than the Apple S2. The S3 contains a barometric altimeter, the W2 wireless connectivity processor, and in some models UMTS (3G) and LTE (4G) cellular modems served by a built-in eSIM.
Tech Insights discovered that the S3 SiP contains 768 MB of DRAM and 16 GB flash memory, 1.5 and 2 times that of the S2.
Tech Insights identified the following components in the Apple S3 SiP.
- Baseband Processor: Qualcomm MDM9635M, a Snapdragon X7 LTE Modem
- DRAM: SK Hynix H54T6D63M, 768 MB LPDDR4 SDRAM
- Apple dual-core processor, probably under DRAM
- NAND: 4x Toshiba FPV7_32G, total of 16GB flash memory
- Wifi + Bluetooth: Apple 338S00348 (W2 chip)
- RF Components: Qualcomm WTR3925 RF, AFEM-8069 Front-End Module, Skyworks SKY 78198 Power Amplifier Module (PAM), Qualcomm QFE3100 Envelope Tracker
- NFC: NXP PN80V NFC
- MCU: STMicro ST33G1M2, a 32-bit ARM SC300 MCU.
- Apple mobile application processors, the range of ARM-based mobile processors designed by Apple for their consumer electronic devices
- "Apple Watch Series 3 features built-in cellular and more". Apple Newsroom. Retrieved 2017-09-16.
- Price, David. "Apple Watch 3 is now on sale! Here's everything you need to know". Macworld UK. Retrieved 2017-09-30.
- techinsights.com. "Apple Watch Series 3 Teardown". www.techinsights.com. Retrieved 2018-03-05.
|This nanotechnology-related article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|