|• Mayor||Naheed Nenshi|
|• Administrative body||Calgary City Council|
|• Councillor||Druh Farrell|
|• Total||2.3 km2 (0.9 sq mi)|
|Elevation||1,105 m (3,625 ft)|
|• Average Income||$63,828|
|Website||Triwood Community Association|
Charleswood is a residential neighbourhood in the north-west quadrant of Calgary, Alberta. It is located east of Crowchild Trail and the University of Calgary. It borders the Nose Hill Park to the north and the Confederation Park to the south-east.
Charleswood is represented in the Calgary City Council by the Ward 7 councillor.
Residents in this community had a median household income of $63,828 in 2000, and there were 12.9% low income residents living in the neighbourhood. As of 2000, 17.6% of the residents were immigrants. A proportion of 11.6% of the buildings were condominiums or apartments, and 18.4% of the housing was used for renting.
The community is served by Banff Trail Bilingual Elementary, Collingwood Elementary and Senator Patrick Burns Junior High public schools, as well as by St. Francis Senior High and St. Margaret Elementary & Junior High Catholic schools.
- "Calgary Elections". City of Calgary. October 21, 2013. Retrieved October 22, 2013.
- City of Calgary (2006). "Charleswood Community Statistics" (PDF). Retrieved 2007-05-09.
- "2012 Civic Census Results" (PDF). City of Calgary. 2012. Retrieved February 4, 2013.
- "Community Boundaries" (Esri shapefile). City of Calgary. Retrieved February 5, 2013.
- City of Calgary (2004). "Ward 7 Profile" (PDF). Retrieved 2007-05-09.
||Brentwood||Nose Hill Park||Nose Hill Park|
|University of Calgary||Collingwood|
|University Heights||Banff Trail||Capitol Hill|
|This Calgary-related article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|