Deer Run, Calgary
|• Mayor||Naheed Nenshi|
|• Administrative body||Calgary City Council|
|• Councillor||Peter Demong|
|• Total||1.1 km2 (0.4 sq mi)|
|Elevation||1,020 m (3,350 ft)|
|• Average Income||$76,038|
|Website||Deer Run Community Association|
Deer Run is a residential neighbourhood in the southeast quadrant of Calgary, Alberta. It is located in a bend of the Bow River, and is surrounded to the east and south by the Fish Creek Provincial Park. It is bounded to the north by North Deersaxon Circle and the community of Deer Ridge and to the west by Bow Bottom Trail.
In the City of Calgary's 2012 municipal census, Deer Run had a population of 5,341 living in 2,113 dwellings, a -0.9% increase from its 2011 population of 5,390. With a land area of 1.9 km2 (0.73 sq mi), it had a population density of 2,810/km2 (7,280/sq mi) in 2012.
Residents in this community had a median household income of $76,038 in 2000, and there were 6.1% low income residents living in the neighbourhood. As of 2000, 16.9% of the residents were immigrants. A proportion of 6.3% of the buildings were condominiums or apartments, and 14% of the housing was used for renting.
The community is served by Deer Run Elementary public school, and designated out of district junior high school and high school is provided by Wilma Hansen Junior High and Lord Beaverbrook High School.
- "Calgary Elections". City of Calgary. 2017. Retrieved November 12, 2017.
- City of Calgary (2006). "Deer Run Community Statistics" (PDF). Retrieved 2007-05-16.[permanent dead link]
- Calgary Communities (2007). "Deer Run Community Association". Archived from the original on 2007-06-03. Retrieved 2007-05-16.
- "2012 Civic Census Results" (PDF). City of Calgary. 2012. Retrieved February 4, 2013.
- "Community Boundaries" (Esri shapefile). City of Calgary. Retrieved February 5, 2013.
- City of Calgary (2004). "Ward 14 Profile" (PDF). Retrieved 2007-05-16.[permanent dead link]