|• Mayor||Naheed Nenshi|
|• Administrative body||Calgary City Council|
|• Councillor||Evan Woolley|
|• Total||1.6 km2 (0.6 sq mi)|
|Elevation||1,105 m (3,625 ft)|
|• Average Income||$49,954|
|Website||Richmond Community Association|
It is located on both sides of the Crowchild Trail, south of 17th Avenue SW. It was the location of Alberta Children's Hospital until 2007, when the new facility was opened in the north-west quadrant. The community has an area redevelopment plan in place.
Richmond was established in 1950. It is represented in the Calgary City Council by the Ward 8 councillor, on a provincial level by Calgary-Currie MLA Brian Malkinson, and is currently represented at the federal level by Calgary Centre MP Kent Hehr.
Residents in this community had an median household income of $49,954, and there were 17.6% low income residents living in the neighbourhood. Most buildings are single-family detached home (48.3%).
The community is served by Richmond Elementary and Chinook College for Continuing Education public schools, as well as various private schools.
- "Calgary Elections". City of Calgary. 2017. Retrieved November 12, 2017.
- City of Calgary (2006). "Richmond Community Statistics" (PDF). Retrieved 2007-07-05.
- City of Calgary (2003). "Community Map" (PDF). Archived from the original (PDF) on 2003-10-06. Retrieved 2007-05-07.
- City of Calgary Planning (2005). "Richmond Area Redevelopment Plan" (PDF). Retrieved March 17, 2016.
- "2012 Civic Census Results" (PDF). City of Calgary. 2012. Retrieved February 4, 2013.
- "Community Boundaries" (Esri shapefile). City of Calgary. Retrieved February 5, 2013.
- City of Calgary (2004). "Ward 8 Profile" (PDF). Archived from the original (PDF) on 2007-07-22. Retrieved 2007-05-05.