|Neighbourhood streets and roads|
|• Mayor||Naheed Nenshi|
|• Administrative body||Calgary City Council|
|• Councillor||Sean Chu|
|• Total||6 km2 (2 sq mi)|
|Elevation||1,195 m (3,921 ft)|
|• Average Income||$88,442|
|Time zone||MST (UTC-7)|
|Website||Edgemont Community Association|
Edgemont is a residential neighbourhood in northwest Calgary, Alberta, Canada, located north of the community of Dalhousie and bounded by John Laurie Boulevard to the south, Sarcee Trail to the west, Country Hills Boulevard to the north and Shaganappi Trail to the east.
Much of Edgemont is a northwest extension of Nose Hill, as evidenced by the steep escarpments at the southeast end of the community. The elevated position of Edgemont (1245m at its highest) provides views of the city to the south and the Rocky Mountains to the west.
Residents in this community had a median household income of $88,442 in 2000, and there were 8.6% low income residents living in the neighbourhood. As of 2000, 33.9% of the residents were immigrants. A proportion of 5.8% of the buildings were condominiums or apartments, and 11.1% of the housing was used for renting.
Edgemont is divided in subareas: from oldest to newest, the subareas are Edgemont Estates, Edgedale, Edenwold, Edgepark, Edgevalley, Edgebrook, and Edgeridge.
As of 2010, there were three schools in the district: Edgemont Elementary School and Tom Baines Junior High School in the public system, and Mother Mary Greene Elementary School in the Separate (Catholic) system. Students in Edgemont continue on to Sir Winston Churchill High School in the public system, or St. Francis High School in the Catholic system.
- "Calgary Elections". City of Calgary. October 21, 2013. Retrieved October 22, 2013.
- City of Calgary (2006). "Edgemont Community Statistics" (PDF). Retrieved 2007-05-10.
- "2012 Civic Census Results" (PDF). City of Calgary. 2012. Retrieved February 4, 2013.
- "Community Boundaries" (Esri shapefile). City of Calgary. Retrieved February 5, 2013.
- City of Calgary (2004). "Ward 2 Profile" (PDF). Retrieved 2007-05-10.
|Hawkwood||Nose Hill Park|
- "City of Calgary 2015 Civic Census Results". 2015 Civic Census Results. City of Calgary. Retrieved September 14, 2015.