Capitol Hill, Calgary
|• Mayor||Naheed Nenshi|
|• Administrative body||Calgary City Council|
|• Councillor||Druh Farrell|
|Elevation||1,090 m (3,580 ft)|
|• Average Income||$38,670|
|Website||Capitol Hill Community|
Capitol Hill is a residential neighbourhood in the northwest quadrant of Calgary, Alberta, Canada. It is located immediately north of the Trans-Canada Highway, and is bisected by 14th Street West. The Southern Alberta Institute of Technology and the North Hill shopping center are located south of the community. To the north it is bounded by the Confederation Park.
In the City of Calgary's 2012 municipal census, Capitol Hill had a population of 4,015 living in 2,291 dwellings, a 0.3% increase from its 2011 population of 4,003. With a land area of 1.4 km2 (0.54 sq mi), it had a population density of 2,870/km2 (7,430/sq mi) in 2012.
Residents in this community had a median household income of $38,670 in 2000, and there were 25.8% low income residents living in the neighbourhood. As of 2000, 17.9% of the residents were immigrants. A proportion of 46.4% of the buildings were condominiums or apartments, and 59.8% of the housing was used for renting. Many students of close-by Southern Alberta Institute of Technology and University of Calgary reside here.
- "Calgary Elections". City of Calgary. 2017. Retrieved November 12, 2017.
- City of Calgary (2006). "Capitol Hill Community Statistics" (PDF). Archived from the original (PDF) on 2007-09-30. Retrieved 2007-05-09.
- "2012 Civic Census Results" (PDF). City of Calgary. 2012. Retrieved February 4, 2013.
- "Community Boundaries" (Esri shapefile). City of Calgary. Retrieved February 5, 2013.
- City of Calgary (2004). "Ward 7 Profile" (PDF). Archived from the original (PDF) on 2007-08-09. Retrieved 2007-05-09.