|• Mayor||Naheed Nenshi|
|• Administrative body||Calgary City Council|
|• Councillor||Peter Demong|
|• Total||2.1 km2 (0.8 sq mi)|
|Elevation||1,035 m (3,396 ft)|
|• Average Income||$103,357|
|Website||Parkland Community Association|
Parkland is a residential neighbourhood in the south-east quadrant of Calgary, Alberta. It is bounded to the north by Canyon Meadows Drive, to the east by Bow Bottom Trail and to the south and west by Fish Creek Provincial Park.
The land was annexed to the City of Calgary in 1961 and Parkland was established in 1974. It is represented in the Calgary City Council by the Ward 14 councillor.
Residents in this community had a median household income of $103,357 in 2000, and there were 4.8% low income residents living in the neighbourhood. As of 2000, 14.6% of the residents were immigrants. A proportion of 0% of the buildings were condominiums or apartments, and 2.2% of the housing was used for renting.
The community is served by Prince of Wales Elementary public school and St. Philip Elementary School (Catholic).
- "Calgary Elections". City of Calgary. 2017. Retrieved November 12, 2017.
- City of Calgary (2006). "Parkland Community Statistics" (PDF). Archived from the original (PDF) on 2008-04-11. Retrieved 2007-05-16.
- "2012 Civic Census Results" (PDF). City of Calgary. 2012. Retrieved February 4, 2013.
- "Community Boundaries" (Esri shapefile). City of Calgary. Retrieved February 5, 2013.
- City of Calgary (2004). "Ward 14 Profile" (PDF). Archived from the original (PDF) on 2007-08-09. Retrieved 2007-05-16.
|This Calgary-related article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|