Vista Heights, Calgary
|• Mayor||Naheed Nenshi|
|• Administrative body||Calgary City Council|
|• Councillor||Harnirjodh Singh Chahal|
|• Total||1.0 km2 (0.4 sq mi)|
|Elevation||1,090 m (3,580 ft)|
|• Average Income||$51,370|
|Website||Vista Heights Community Association|
Vista Heights is a residential neighbourhood in the north-east quadrant of Calgary, Alberta. It is bounded to the south by the Trans-Canada Highway and to the west by Deerfoot Trail. To the north and east it borders the South Airways Industrial Area.
In the City of Calgary's 2012 municipal census, Vista Heights had a population of 2,204 living in 844 dwellings, a -3.1% increase from its 2011 population of 2,274. With a land area of 1.1 km2 (0.42 sq mi), it had a population density of 2,000/km2 (5,190/sq mi) in 2012.
Residents in this community had a median household income of $51,370 in 2000, and there were 25.4% low income residents living in the neighbourhood. As of 2000, 18.6% of the residents were immigrants. Most buildings were single-family detached homes and row houses, and 47% of the housing was used for renting.
The community is served by the Vista Heights Elementary public school.
- "Calgary Elections". City of Calgary. 2017. Retrieved November 12, 2017.
- City of Calgary (2006). "Vista Heights Community Statistics" (PDF). Retrieved 2007-05-11.
- "2012 Civic Census Results" (PDF). City of Calgary. 2012. Retrieved February 4, 2013.
- "Community Boundaries" (Esri shapefile). City of Calgary. Retrieved February 5, 2013.
- City of Calgary (2004). "Ward 3 Profile" (PDF). Archived from the original (PDF) on 2008-04-11. Retrieved 2007-05-11.
|This Calgary-related article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|