|Born||August 9, 1985|
Cincinnati, Ohio, U.S.
|Net worth||$600 million (April 2017)|
Vivek Ramaswamy (born August 9, 1985) is an American entrepreneur in the biotechnology sector. He is the founder and CEO of the pharmaceutical company Roivant Sciences.
As of April 2017, he is worth an estimated $600 million.
Early life and education
Ramaswamy graduated from St. Xavier High School in Cincinnati in 2003. He graduated summa cum laude from Harvard College with an A.B. in biology. He then received a J.D. from Yale Law School, where his studies were supported by The Paul & Daisy Soros Fellowships for New Americans. 
Ramaswamy was an investor in the biotechnology sector. In 2007, he co-founded and served as President of Campus Venture Network, a technology company that was acquired in 2009 by the Ewing Marion Kauffman Foundation. Ramaswamy worked at QVT Financial from 2007 to 2014, where he was a partner and co-managed the firm’s biotech portfolio.
Ramaswamy is the founder and CEO of the pharmaceutical company Roivant Sciences. He is also the founder of Axovant Sciences, a clinical-stage pharmaceutical company focusing on treatments for dementia. The initial public offering for Axovant in 2015 raised $360 million, making it the largest biotech IPO in U.S. history.
Ramaswamy serves on the Board of Directors of Myovant Sciences, a subsidiary of Roivant Sciences focused on the treatment of women’s health diseases and other endocrine-related disorders. Myovant, formed in April 2016, raised $218 million in its initial public offering, the largest biotech IPO of 2016.
- Kroll, Luisa (April 4, 2017). "America's Richest Entrepreneurs Under 40 2016". Forbes. Retrieved April 5, 2017.
- "America's Richest Entrepreneurs Under 40: Vivek Ramaswamy".
- Schulte, Becky (July 25, 2015). "July 2015". St. Xavier High School E-news (Mailing list). St. Xavier High School. Retrieved July 26, 2015.
- "The 30-Year-Old CEO Conjuring Drug Companies From Thin Air".
- "The 29 Year Old Behind The Giant Biotech IPO That Rose By 90% Speaks".
- "Biggest Biotech IPO Of 2016 Is Launched By 31 Year Old".