List of traffic collisions (2000–09)
This article has multiple issues. Please help improve it or discuss these issues on the talk page. (Learn how and when to remove these template messages)(Learn how and when to remove this template message)
List of traffic collisions records serious traffic collisions: those that caused a high death toll, occurred in unusual circumstances, or hold some other historical significance. For crashes that killed famous people, see List of people who died in traffic collisions. The prevalence of bus accidents in this list is a function of severity rather than of frequency.
|January 3||Peru||29||7||A bus crash claimed life of 29 people and 7 other were wounded in Peru.|
|January 12||Brazil||42||46||A tour bus overturned because of the fog, crashed into another bus and fire in southern Brazil. 42 Argentine tourists killed and 46 wounded.|
|January 13||Egypt||20||15||At least 20 people die and 15 were injured in collision between a bus and a minibus.|
|January 23||United States||10||42||10 people were killed and 42 injured, when a big-rig jack-knifed on an icy stretch of I-29 north of Kansas City, Missouri, causing a fiery, 24 car pileup.|
|January 24||South Africa||30||50||In South Africa, 30 people die and 50 other were wounded in bus accident.|
|January 30||Cyprus||6||27||At least 6 people killed and 27 injured in bus accident.|
|January 31||Turkey||19||Two coaches collided near the Antalya and 19 people die. In another road accident 7 people killed in Konya when a lorry hit a bus.|
|February 13||Brazil||6||At least 6 people killed in bus accident in Brazil.|
|February 15||Vietnam||17||At least 17 people killed when a bus plunged into a river and 30 other missing.|
|March 3||Peru||24||30||A bus was crashed into a ravine and claimed life of 24 people and 30 were injured in Peru.|
|March 6||Pakistan||50||25||A Zhob–Shahdadpur regular route bus collides with a truck carrying local wedding couples and families plunges at Saifullah Shaikh canal, Balochistan, Pakistan, killing 50, another 25 are injured.|
|March 29||Kenya||74||74 people die in a collision between two buses in Kericho, Kenya.|
|April 15||Guatemala||31||At least 31 people killed in bus accident in Guatemala.|
|May 13||Bosnia and Herzegovina||43||12||A bus carrying Muslim pilgrims plunges 60 feet below into the Buna River at Buna, Neretva, Bosnia killing 43, another 12 are injured.|
|July 6||Spain||27||23||A bus carrying workers to Madrid collided with a truck carrying pigs at the outskirt of Soria, Spain, killing 27, another 23 are injured.|
|July 7||China||78||0||A bus plunges into a river in Liuzhou, Guangxi province killing all 78 aboard.|
|July 11||Indonesia||10||13||A bus carrying 39 passengers on board, plunged into a deep ravine at Sarangan, Merapi Ketep, Indonesia, killing 10, another 13 are injured in an incident caused by brake failure.|
|July 25||Bolivia||17||A bus accident killed at least 17 people.|
|August 28||Nigeria||17||Abuja bus crash riots, Abuja, Nigeria, Seventy people are killed in a bus pile up in Abuja. The next day, related protest riots kill four more people.|
|September 5||Rwanda||40||At least 40 people killed in bus accident.|
|September 10||India||20||Unknown||A Shiliguri–Darjeeling regular route bus carrying 50 passengers on board and some passengers, has vehicle on roof plunged Tista River, when driver approaching a bridge, lost control before exceed speed at Sivok, West Bengal, India, killing 20, and many passengers injured.|
|October 8||Kenya||10||13||At least 10 school children killed and 13 wounded in bus accident in Kenya.|
|October 12||Nigeria||50||Unknown||Nigeria, Fifty people die when a bus collides with fuel tanker, which exploded.|
|October 22||Pakistan||40||75||Two regular route buses collided on a bridge at outskirt of Jhang, Punjab of Pakistan, killing 40, another 75 are injured.|
|November 5||Nigeria||100 /200||Unknown||Lagos tanker disaster: Lagos, Nigeria, Between 100 and 200 people are killed when a petrol tanker loses control, slams into a traffic jam and explodes.|
|November 7||Kenya||45||Unknown||A Nairobi–Mombasa regular route bus with 80 passengers on board, plunged a bridge at outskirt of Meru, Eastern Kenya, in an incident caused by excess speeds, killing 45.|
|November 24||Nigeria||60||Unknown||Nigeria, Sixty people die when bus falls into a ravine.|
|November 27||Thailand||20||16||A Chiang Mai–Bangkok regular route bus crashes and drops off a bridge, plunging into a canal at Mae Prik, Lampang, Thailand, killing 20, another 16 are injured.|
|December 24||South Africa||20||55||A bus traveling from Cape Town to Butterworth plunges off a mountain road in South Africa, leaving 20 passengers dead and 55 injured.|
|December 24||* Philippines||30||12||A Cotobato-Davao regular route bus carrying Christmas travelers plunges 60 feet down into a ravine at outskirts of Bansalan, Mindanao, Philippines, killing 30, 12 more are injured.|
|February 28||United Kingdom||10||28||Selby rail crash: Car driven off the M62 motorway near a bridge onto railway tracks, causing the derailment of a passenger train and its subsequent collision with a freight train near Selby, England.|
|March 1||India||40+||A bus skidded off a road and plunged into Ravi River, outskirt of Chamba, Himachal Pradesh, India.|
|March 5||Portugal||70+||Hintze Ribeiro disaster: A bridge collapsed as a bus was crossing the Douro in Portugal.|
|March 6||Thailand||16||20||A local bus rammed into a tree on a sharp bend on a road as a result of lost control in Amphoe Mueang Phetchabun, Phetchabun, Thailand.|
|March 24||Portugal||14||20||A bus swerved off the road into a ravine in Santa Comba Dão.|
|April 8||Tanzania||21||A minibus hit a bull, before colliding with another bus at Songea Rual, Ruvuma, Tanzania, in an incident caused by excessive speed.|
|May 15||United States||4||8||A Dodge 15 Passenger Van rolled over on U.S. Route 82 near Henrietta, Texas, caused by a blowout on the left rear tire.|
|June 26||Haiti||41||A bus swerves and hits a ditch 130 kilometres (80 mi) southwest of Port-au-Prince, Haiti.|
|August 10||China||34||An overcrowded bus falls into a river in Xinjiang, China, while traveling from Ürümqi to Xinhe County.|
|August 15||Kenya||23||10||A minibus severed off the road and plunged into the Mwania River, outskirt of Machakos, Eastern Kenya.|
|August 17||Iran||30||A bus and a truck collide on a road between Kerman and Sirjan in Iran.|
|August 26||Nigeria||49||23||A Lagos–Kano regular route bus, carrying 72 passengers, veers into a Dakatsalle bridge, Kura, Kaduna, Nigeria.|
|October 24||Switzerland||11||Two lorries collided in the Gotthard Road Tunnel, resulting in a fire.|
|November 3||India||20||33||A passenger bus plunged into a gorge when a bus driver failed to make a sharp turn on a hill at Saderkote, Jammu and Kashimir, India.|
|November 10||Tanzania||49||0||A bus catches fire and runs into a ditch. All 49 passengers die.|
|November 14||Spain||19||A bus flips over on a road near Huelva, Spain.|
|December 14||Jordan||52||0||A bus carrying pilgrims from Mecca careened off the road and exploded into flames. All 52 passengers died.|
|December 28||Bangladesh||35||50||Two speeding buses collide when one bus lost control due to a tire burst in the outskirts of Bogra, Rajshahi, Bangladesh. |
|January 7||Bangladesh||30||Unknown||A Manikganj–Dhaka regular route bus driver lost control while trying to cross a bridge at an excessive speed and plunged over 35 feet into the river at Aminbazar, Savar, Bangladesh, killing 30 and injuring others.|
|February 13||Saudi Arabia||40||10||A bus traveling to Mecca for the Hajj collided with a truck and caught fire.|
|February 17||China||25||12||Two buses collided, both carrying travelers by Lunar New Year holiday, where a bus crashed at Hechuan, Henan, China, killing 25, injuring another 12.|
|March 13||Peru||35||18||An Ayacucho–Lima regular route bus burst into flames after skidding out of control and hitting a gasoline station off of a highway at Chincha Alta, Ica, Peru. |
|March 16||China||22||9||A bus headed towards Lichuan City fell off a cliff, killing 22 people and injuring 9 others.|
|April 19||Oman||46||8+||A bus carrying construction workers plunges off a mountain road near Salalah, Oman, killing 46 and injuring at least 8 others.|
|April 23||Russia||14||1||A steamroller falls off a transporter and crushes a bus 110 kilometres (70 mi) north of Ufa, Russia, killing 14 people.|
|May 26||United States||14||11||I-40 bridge disaster: 14 people died and 11 others were injured on Interstate 40, near Webbers Falls, Oklahoma when a barge collided with a bridge support, causing a 580-foot section of the bridge to plunge into the Arkansas River.|
|May 27||India||46||26||A Ghatakpukur-Kolkatta route bus carrying office workers veers off and falls into a pond at Chowbagha, West Bengal, India in an incident involving excessive speed and a burst tire.|
|June 2||Pakistan||40||10||A bus carrying pilgrims bound for Multan, falls off a bridge in Jhelum, Punjab of Pakistan, in an incident caused by the driver losing control of the vehicle, killing at least 40 and injuring 10 others.|
|June 15||South Korea||15||20||A truck and a bus collide on a highway in North Chungchong, South Korea, killing 15 and seriously injuring another 20 people.|
|July 1||Hungary||19||32||A bus carrying 49 Polish pilgrims slides off the road and overturns in Balatonszentgyorgy, Somogy, Hungary after the driver veered into the center of a roundabout, killing 19 and injuring 32 others.|
|July 2||Indonesia||26||44||A Damri public bus carrying children and parents from Jenbar plunged into a 7.3-metre-deep (24 ft) ravine at Arjasa, East Java, Indonesia, killing 26, another 44 are injured.|
|July 19||Uganda||70+||A bus headed towards Kampala was hit by a runaway fuel tanker and caught fire at Rutoto in Uganda.|
|August 7||Mexico||33||10||A Guerrero–Guadalajara regular route bus slammed into a concrete wall at Zinapecuaro, Michoacán, Mexico, in an incident caused by a 26-year-old bus driver involving excessive speed, killing 33 and injuring 10 others.|
|August 9||China||34||An Ürümqi–Kashgar regular route bus plunged off a bridge at the outskirts of Kashgar, Xinjiang, China, killing 34.|
|August 18||Russia||21||37||A bus falls into a ravine and overturns near Yantikovo, Chuvashia, Russia, killing 21 and injuring 37.|
|August 18||Turkey||29||30||A bus carrying people returning from an annual religious festival at Nevsehir, skidded off the road and overturned after brake failure at the outskirts of Tarsus, Mersin, Turkey, in an incident caused by excessive speed, killing 29, another 30 are injured.|
|September 2||Bolivia||29||25||A bus plummets 520 feet down a ravine at the outskirts of Coroico, Nor Yungas, Bolivia, killing 29, another 25 are injured.|
|September 7||Tanzania||27||43||A bus attempted to pass a car and crashed into a truck at the outskirts of Mbozi, Mbeya, Tanzania, killing 27, another 43 are injured.|
|September 12||United States||14||A 15-passenger van carrying migrant workers from Central America plunges off a bridge into a river in the State of Maine, killing 14 workers.|
|September 16||Argentina||50+||25||A bus crash in Cuesta del Totoral in Northern Argentina kills over fifty people and injures 25 others.|
|October 11||United States||10||37||10 died and 37 others are injured in an accident on Interstate 43 in the state of Wisconsin; the accident is considered the worst in state history.|
|November 24||Philippines||33||8||A regular route bus smashed through an iron railing and plunged 42 feet down into the ravine at the outskirts of Tagkawayan, Quezon, Philippines, killing 33 and injuring 8 others in an incident caused by mechanical failure.|
- 24 January – A bus crashes into several buildings before bursting into flames, killing 14 in Slawi, Indonesia.
- January 26 – A regular route bus veers into oncoming traffic and crashes into another regular route bus. Many vehicles piled up, including Kami Express and Felicite Express Voyages, occurring in Edéa, Littoral Province, Cameroon, killing 70 people, and injuring 15.
- January 28 – A tourist bus crashes head-on into a truck carrying paint in Narayan Chand, West Bengal, India, killing at least 40, another 15 are injured.
- March 9 – A charter bus near a Czech ski tourist destination, collides with a truck in between České Budějovice and Dolní Dvořiště, Bohemia, Czech Republic, killing 19, another 30 are injured. 
- March 9 – A regular route bus carrying Chinese citizens crashed and caught fire at the outskirts of Jeti Ojuz, Kyzyl Suu, Kyrgyzstan, killing 19.
- March 12 – A local passenger bus collided with a truck carrying cement at the outskirts of Podor, Saint-Louis Region, Senegal, killing 22.
- 13 April – 21 students killed in a collision between their bus and a truck in Tembi, near Larissa, Greece.
- April 16 – A truck and a bus collide on a main highway in Cuba killing 30 and injuring 71.
- 1 May – 80 people drown in the Bethlehem bus crash, when the driver drove off a dam and into a reservoir.
- May 9 – 24 are killed, nearly as many are injured when a bus spins out of control and collides with an oil tanker near Shorkot.
- May 17 – A double-decker bus carrying German tourists crashes on a highway near Lyon, France killing 28 and injuring 46 passengers.
- 4 June – 30 people die in the Kasganj bus disaster, when a bus attempted to cross a closed level crossing in India and was sliced in half by a train.
- 4 June – 10 people are burnt to death, 19 sustained serious injuries and about 20 cars totally destroyed when a fuel tanker jackknifes, swerves into vehicles at traffic lights in rush hour and blasts into a huge fireball in downtown Amman, Jordan.
- 10 July – 21 killed in a Tuen Mun Road bus accident, Hong Kong, when a bus plunged off a motorway viaduct after being hit by lorry. Worst road accident in the history of the territory.
- 11 June – Five people are killed when a lorry (truck) carrying armored vehicles jackknifes, sending the trailer through the guardrail and into oncoming traffic on the M1
- August 22 – A regular route bus with 33 passengers on board, collided with a Petro truck, plunging into a ravine at an expressway in Yan'an, Shanbei, Shaanxi, China, killing 23.
- 10 September – A bus and a truck collide at high speeds during heavy rain near the city of Valencia, Venezuela, killing 34.
- September 20 – A bus and a train collide near Malak Wal in Pakistani Punjab, killing over 40.
- October 1 – Multi-vehicle accident when a truck collides with a bus on Interstate 90 on the Northwest Tollway near Hampshire, Illinois, killing 8 and injuring 15.
- October 9 – 59 people, mostly schoolgirls, are killed in a collision between a bus, a truck and a minivan near Yogyakarta, Indonesia.
- 23 November – 14 passengers were killed in a bus tragedy at kilometer 63 of Lipis and Merapoh roads (Federal Route 8) near Merapoh, Pahang.
- December 17 – A regular São Paulo–Fortaleza long distance route bus falls 120 feet down a cliff, when driver loses control on a corner at the outskirts of Diamantina, Minas Gerais, Brazil, killing at least 20, another 40 are injured.
- December 18 – A chartered Simferopol–Alushta bus carrying local coal miners, veered off a mountain road and plunged into a deep ditch at Simferopolskyi, Crimea, Ukraine, killing 17, another 19 are injured.
- December 20 – A German tourist bus smashed into a concrete highway barrier and burst into flames in Hensies, a town on the Belgian border with France, killing 11 people and injuring 37 others.
- 9 January — Bhakkar bus crash, Pakistan, at least 56 die as bus rolls into a ravine.
- 21 February — At least 5 die and 17 injured when a bus surges forward crushing people waiting at a bus stop.
- 22 February — A bus tumbles off a dam into a reservoir near Fortaleza, Brazil, killing over 40 people
- 19 March — 23 people killed in the Konginkangas bus disaster, Finland.
- March 29 — A Gondar–Adis Zemen regular route bus plunged into a gorge at on the outskirts of Libo Kemkem, Amhara, Ethiopia, killing 37.
- April 1 — A local bus plunged off a road into Fuxi River at Zigong, Sichuan, China, killing 15, another 39 are injured.
- April 4 — A bus carrying 50 people(34 students & 16 teachers) crashes and falls in the river Lim on the border between Serbia and Montenegro close to the village of Gostun. 12 of the children drowned and a number of passengers were injured. The accident happened during night time. It is supposed that the driver lost control of the bus.
- April 27 — A bus and a truck collides in Haima, Oman, killing 21 people and injuring 13 others in one of the country's worst road accidents.
- April 28 — A 45-ton earth mover falls on a school bus in Bogotá, Colombia, killing 21 children and two adults, and injuring 36 others.
- May 16 — At least 15 killed and 20 injured when a train has ploughed into a bus at a level crossing in Odessa Oblast, Ukraine.
- May 24 — A bus carrying 54 passengers on board plunged into the verge of narrow road at on the outskirts of Korbous, Tunisia, in an incident caused by technical problem, killing 19, another 31 are injured.
- May 24 — A truck loaded with ammonium nitrate rolled over and caught fire, and one hour later exploded killing 18 people and injuring 13 others in Buzău County, Romania.
- June 8 — A bus carrying wedding family and guest veered out of control and plunged into Bagmati river bridge at Runisaitpul, Bihar, India, killing 65.
- 16 June — Islamabad, Pakistan, at least 50 die in collision between a bus and a tractor.
- June 16 — A charter bus carrying Buddhism pilgrims plunged into a lake, and swerved to avoid another vehicle at outskirt of Xinyu, Jiangxi, China, killing 21, in an incident caused by driver has exceed speed.
- 24 June — A tanker carrying 17,000 litres of petrol collides with a bus in Zahedan, near Bam, Iran. 90 people are killed.
- 30 July — A Turkish travel bus and an Iranian truck collide head-on near Erzurum and Erzincan in Eastern Anatolia, killing 26 and injuring 30.
- August 15 — A local bus plunged to ravine at outskirt of Carolina, San Miguel, El Salvador, killing 35.
- September 12 — A Khoy–Mashhad regular route bus crush by overturned and exhaustion by bus driver at outskirt of Changureh, Avaj, Iran, killing 18.
- September 27 — A bus collided with a truck at Kamena Vourla, near Lamia, Greece, killing 7 students.
- October 12 — A charter Chongqing–Jiuzhaigou bus crashed into a wall, and plunged into the Fujiang River, Mianyang, Pingwu, Sichuan, China, killing 24, another 21 are injured. The incident was caused by the driver's excessive speed.
- 6 November — Seven are killed and 71 injured when a passenger train hits a car and derails near Ufton Nervet, England.
- November 7 — A trailer truck carrying sugar was passing a car and collided with a bus on the outskirts of Zafarana, Minya, Egypt. The bus was carrying pilgrims returning from Mecca. 33 were killed, and 14 were injured.
- December 21 — A bus plunged 150-feet into a river while travelling a Lima–Paccllpa mountainous jungle road in the outskirts of Aksaray, Ucayali, Peru, killing 49. Another 15 are injured.
- December 25 — A bus plunged into a deep ravine on the outskirts of Kuntrili, Punjab of Pakistan; the accident was caused when the bus driver lost control due to excessive speed, killing 18. Another 39 were injured.
- 3 January – A truck overloaded with Tibetan Buddhist pilgrims overturns in Qinghai province, China killing 54.
- 6 January – A truck and a bus collide on a highway in Fujian province, China killing 28 and injuring 19.
- January 10 – A bus failed to negotiate a sharp curve and plunged into Almatti Dam, outskirt of Bijapur, Karnataka, India, killing 57.
- January 16 – A local passenger bus collided with a trailer truck, where coming from the opposite directions at outskirt of La Sabana, Santander, Colombia, killing 27, another injuring are 29.
- January 21 – A passenger bus skidded off the road and plunged into 500-feet ravine, when the driver swerved to avoid rocks falling from the mountain side, between Shiraz-Kazero, Mazandaran, Iran, killing 28.
- 3 February – 55 wedding guests die in the Nagpur level crossing disaster, India.
- 8 March – A school bus catches fire in Shandong, China, killing 12 children.
- April 17 – A bus carrying tourists slides 800 feet down a ravine at Great-St-Bernard, between Orsieres and Liddes, Valais, Switzerland, killing 12, another 15 are injured.
- April 19 – A regular route bus plunged off 240-feet bridge at outskirt of Qianjiang, Chongqing, China, killing 27 and injuring four.
- 21 April – 31 war veterans die in bus crash on the old Ho Chi Minh trail, Vietnam.
- 27 April – over 50 people are killed in the Polgahawela level crossing collision when a bus is hit by train.
- May 7 – A passenger bus plunged 1,000 feet below into gorge at Pampa, Pallasca, Ancash, Peru, killing 40, another 18 are injured.
- 22 May – 35 are killed in the Jauja bus disaster, Peru when a bus plunges off a bridge.
- 23 May. five School Girls die and more than forty injured when School Bus crashes and overturns in Co Meath.Republic of Ireland.
- 7 June – 38 people killed in the Badarmude bus explosion, when a bus struck a land mine.
- June 21 – A charter bus carrying BSNL Indian state telecom employees failed to negotiate a sharp curve and plunged into a gorge at outskirt of Kangra, Himachal Pradesh, India, killing 18, another 20 are injured.
- July 9 – A bus from Srinagar plunged into a deep river gerge off a Delhi–Badrinath expressway, Rishikesh, Uttarakhand, India, killing 25.
- July 17 – A Kaishan of Chongqing–Shenzhen regular route bus slipped off mountain and plunged into a deep valley at outskirt of Enshi City, Hubei, China, killing 17, another 37 are injured.
- July 23 – A Lagos–Kano regular route bus plundged into the Gadar Tanburawa river bridge at Maiduguri, Borno, Nigeria, killing 56.
- August 24 – When a kindergarten bus crossing an intersection at a bridge, as the lights changed, when a cyclist pulled out in front and a bus ploughed onto the crowded pavement at China State Highway 318, Shenzhen, Guangdong, China, killing 19 and 16 injured.
- August 24 – A Wenling-Lichuan regular route bus crashed through the roadside barrier and slide down a 320-feet bank at Lichuan, Hubei, China, killing 14 and injuring 40.
- 23 September – 24 elderly people died when their bus caught fire as they flee Hurricane Rita near Wilmer, Texas.
- September 26 – A 15-passenger van carrying 11 people from Utah State University rolled over near Tremonton, Utah on Interstate 84, when the left rear tire blew out, killing 9 and injuring 2 others.
- 15 October – A speeding bus falls into a river in Bogra District, Bangladesh, killing 25 people.
- December 6 – A freight truck carrying colcium carbide, other regular route Beijing Bus vehicle suffered a brake failure rammed, and both vehicles are overturned with dropped into 60-feet ditch and caught fire at Badaling Expressway, between Changping–Nankou, outskirt of Beijing, China, killing 24.
- 24 December – A bus plunges into the icy Yellow River in Hanggin Banner, Inner Mongolia, China, killing 28.
- December 28 – An Ahmedabad–Mumbai regular route bus collided with a chemical tank truck at Barach, Gujarat, India, killing 22.
- January 8 – According to Ecuadorean police report, two buses collision and crashed on Puerto Inca–Naranjal Highway, Churute, Guayas, Ecuador, in an incident caused by both buses are exceed speed, killing 14, another 30 are injured.
- 13 January – A bus collides with a train in heavy fog in Krasnodar Krai, Russia, killing 21 people.
- 20 January – A bus plunges off a road and into a 300-foot gorge in Rajouri, India, killing about 50 people and injuring 15.
- 23 January – Two buses collide head on in São Paulo State in Brazil, killing 33 people.
- January 31 – A bus carrying Cantonese tourist crush after overturned at national highway, Hurghada, Red Sea, Egypt, killing 14, and another 30 are injured.
- January 31 – Two buses collide at Qena, Upper Egypt, killing 18, another 24 are injured.
- 7 February – 12 Turkish tourists die when their bus plunges into a ravine in Rome, Italy.
- 17 February – One killed, 2 injured in a massive 60-cars pile-up on Autoroute 40 near Lavaltrie, Quebec.
- 18 February – Cardross road accident: 6 people are killed in an alleged hit and run accident in Cardross, Australia.
- March 10 – According to Turkish news agency Anatolia report, an Istanbul–Van regular route bus careered off the road, and plunged Kelkit River at outskirt of Tokat, middle-eastern Turkey, killing 30.
- 22 March – Twelve Americans die when a tour bus falls into a canyon near Arica, Chile.
- 17 April – 57 people die in the Maltrata bus crash in central Mexico.
- 20 April – At least 47 die when bus falls into a lake at Sarupeta, India
- April 21 – According to Bangladeshi ATN Bangla television report, a bus carrying wedding couples and families, where plunged into Chitra River and gone down 30-feet deep river at outskirt of Narail, Bangladesh, killing 40.
- May 12 – According to MENA news agency of Egypt report, a bus carrying weaving company employees has overturned and plunged into canal at between Karr al Battikh and Danietta, Nile Delta, Egypt, killing 21, another 20 are injured.
- 16 May – At least 35 die when two buses collide head-on near Kumasi, Ghana
- May 17 – According to Chilean TVN report, a regular routeb bus landed on its roof as plunged off Tinguiririca River, Rancagua, O'Higgins, Chile, killing 23 and injuring 26.
- 26 May – A crashed fuel tanker leaked patrol onto a roadway in Tega, Benin, which exploded as local people tried to collect it, killing between 54 and 75.
- May 31 – According to Ethiopian News Agency report, an Essie–Baherder regular route bus plunged into a 500-feet deep ravine at outskirt of Kelto, Amhara, Ethiopia, Killing 17 and injuring 36.
- 15 June – A bus carrying 45 miners from the Uchucchacua mine to Lima in Peru fell into a ravine, killing 28 people.
- 23 June – Sinai bus crash: 11 Arab Israeli tourists are killed when their bus overturns. The survivors later initiate legal action, asserting the crash was actually a terrorist attack.
- June 2006 – Sunday News – It has happened again. Over a week ago, a speeding minibus crashed into a river in Mirerani, killing 57 people. Four days later near Arusha, another bus accident claimed four lives.
- 19 July; Coach carrying school children from Walney Island, Cumbria to a theme park in Southport overturned on the M6 near to Lancaster University, no other vehicles were involved and no-one was killed but 5 people were taken to hospital, the 34 seater coach lost control and was left on its side blocking all three south-bound lanes
- August 18 – According to Turkish Radio and Television Corporation report, a bus carrying Iranian travellers returning from Syria has collided with a truck at outskirt of Chaldoran, West Azarbaijan, Turkey, killing 17, another injuring are 26.
- August 25 – Three children were killed when the SUV they were riding in plunged from a bridge into Hakata Bay in Fukuoka, Japan after it was hit by a drunk driver.
- August 30 – According to Moroccan news agency Maghreb Arabe Presse report, a bus carrying 50 passengers on board rolled over outskirt of Setta, Chaouia-Ouardigha, Morocco, in an incident caused by bus driver has excessive speed, killing 17, another 26 are injured.
- 13 September – 30 vehicle accident on Interstate 696 in Farmington Hills, Michigan, including a transport truck and two cars that drove off the road into the forest to the side of the freeway. The accident was caused by severe thunderstorms in the area. There were no fatalities or serious injuries, and many of the drivers involved stepped out of their cars and helped to clean up the road with the Michigan State Police. Speed and the weather may have been a factor in the accident. (Courtesy: WDIV-TV, )
- 24 September – Forty-seven people die when a bus crashes into a wall on a road in Papallacta, Ecuador.
- 30 September – De la Concorde Overpass collapse: Five are killed and six injured when a 65-feet section of a 3-lanes overpass over Autoroute 19 collapses in Laval, Quebec. The incident sparks a province-wide inspection of sometimes decades old overpasses.
- 1 October – Thirty killed as a bus falls off a bridge into the Jialing River in Chongqing, China.
- 3 October – Twelve killed and 16 injured when a truck and a bus collide near Menbej, in northwest Syria.
- 8 October – Forty-two people die when a bus falls down a ravine during foggy and rainy conditions in Chiantla, Guatemala.
- 8 October – A double-decker bus crashes into a truck in northern Argentina, killing 12 people.
- 9 October – Twelve people helping in Typhoon Xangsane relief efforts are killed in a van accident in Khánh Hòa Province, Vietnam.
- 15 October – Two buses and a truck collide in Sivas Province, Turkey, killing 13 and injuring more than 20.
- 19 October – A bus overcrowded with passengers plunges into a reservoir in Madhya Pradesh, India, killing 56 people.
- 21 October – A bus plunges off a mountain road between Sucre and Cochabamba in Bolivia, killing 29 and injuring 25.
- 23 October – A bus catches fire in downtown Panama City, killing 18 people.
- 25 October – A bus falls off the road and into the Teesta River in Sikkim, India, killing 25 and injuring 45.
- 26 October – A bus crashes down an embankment near Arequipa, Peru, killing 20 and injuring 12.
- 28 October – A crowded bus plunges off a cliff in Nepal, killing 42 and injuring 43.
- 31 October – Floods sweep away a minibus travelling in Diyarbakır Province, Turkey, killing 14 people.
- 8 November – A truck transporting farm workers plunges into a river in Hoshangabad District, India, killing 29 and injuring 30.
- 13 November – A truck carrying workers is hit by a train near Cape Town, South Africa. 19 are killed and 6 injured.
- 14 November – A bus plunges into a gorge in Himachal Pradesh, India, killing 13 and injuring 41.
- 20 November – 4 high school students were killed and 23 injured when a school bus went over the side of an elevated portion of Interstate 565 in Huntsville, Alabama.
- 26 November – A truck carrying passengers veers off the road on a sharp curve in Tamil Nadu, India, killing 17 and injuring 57.
- 3 December – A tour bus carrying 45 plunges into a valley in Tainan, Taiwan, killing 22 and injuring 23.
- 4 December – A bus plunges into a ravine on a mountain road in Puno Region, Peru, killing 45 people.
- 7 December – A truck hits a bus, causing it to fall from a highway bridge in Byala, Bulgaria, and killing 19 people.
- 9 December – A trailer dislodges from a moving truck and crashes into a bus on a mountain road in Mae Sot district, Tak Province, Thailand, killing 12 and injuring 20.
- 13 December – A bus plunges into a river after colliding with a truck on a mountain road near Bagua, Peru, killing 21 and injuring 30.
- December 22 – According to Nigerian Vanguard Online report, two passenger buses head collided at Owena, outskirt of Akure, Ondo, Nigeria, in an incident caused bya bus was trying go overtake a car, when it collided head on with a regular route bus coming opposite direction, killing 17.
- 24 December – A bus goes out of control, overturns and smashes into bridge supports near Pietermaritzburg, South Africa, killing 12 and injuring 40.
- 25 December – Two minivans collide in Kabardino-Balkaria, Russia, causing a methane explosion that kills 13 people.
- A collision in the industrial town of Cuautitlan outside Mexico city saw 24 people lose their lives on 28 December when their bus collided with a 36-wagon freight train. Another 12 passengers were hurt. Police arrested the bus driver who reportedly tried to flee the scene.
- December 29 – According to Yunnan Television report, a bus carrying 21 passengers dash and hit three road workers and then plunged 95-yards down a cliff at outskirt of Baoshan, Yunnan, China, killing 17 and seven injured.
- 6 January – A bus travelling from Dhaka to Chittagong crashes and catches fire near Comilla, Bangladesh, killing from 55 to 70 people.
- January 11 – According to IRIB television of Iran report, a truck lost control and smashed into a regular route bus at Arak–Malayer expressway, outskirt of Arak, Markazi, Iran, killing 14.
- 12 January – Two buses collide near the border between Saudi Arabia and United Arab Emirates, killing 22 hajj pilgrims.
- 15 January – A bus collides head-on with a tractor-trailer in Cesar Department, Colombia, killing 20 people.
- 19 January – A double-decker bus plunges into a river near Chiang Mai, Thailand, killing 22 people.
- 22 January – A speeding bus overturns 400 kilometres (250 mi) northeast of Kampala, Uganda, leading to 21 deaths and 30 injuries.
- 24 January – A bus falls into a ravine near Huautla, Oaxaca, Mexico, killing at least 29 and injuring over 24.
- 27 January – A truck collides head-on with a speeding bus on the highway between Aleppo and Raqqa in northern Syria, killing 26 people, including six children, and injuring six others.
- 1 February – A truck veers off its lane and rams into a bus in Ghana, killing 16.
- 2 February – A tanker carrying liquefied carbon dioxide crashes, overturns and explodes in Tigbao, Philippines, killing 50 and injuring 65.
- 8 February – A train collides with a bus at a level crossing in Khánh Hòa Province, Vietnam, killing 13 and injuring 24. E1 Train Disaster
- 19 February – Two buses collide near Makhado, South Africa, killing 17 and injuring 45.
- 22 February – A bus crashed into a crowd celebrating the Carnival in Oruro, Bolivia, killing 15 people.
- 2 March – 7 people are killed when a bus transporting the Bluffton University baseball team crashes through a barrier and lands on Interstate 75 in Atlanta.
- 6 March – A bus collides with a freight train at a level crossing in Harare, Zimbabwe, killing 37 people.
- 15 March – A minibus overturns and falls into banboo-covered valley in Muding, Chuxiong, Yunnan, China, killing 14 and injuring 12.
- 15 March – A bus veers off the road and plunges into a reservoir in Hanzhong, Shaanxi, China, killing at least 22 and injuring 11.
- 17 March – A bus overturns and falls into a ditch in Purulia District, India, killing 16 and injuring 67.
- 18 March – A bridge collapses near Gueckedou, Guinea, sending an overloaded truck plunging into a river and killing at least 70 people.
- 20 March – A bus catches fire and has its brakes fail on a mountain road in Saraburi Province, Thailand, killing 29 and injuring more than 10.
- 23 March – A bus and a wagon collide on a highway in Khairpur District, Pakistan, killing at least 13.
- 28 March – an 8,800 gallons carrying fuel truck catch fire with explode at Kagarko, Kaduna, Nigeria, killing at least 98, another 100 injured.
- 28 March. A pile-up involving around 100 vehicles kills one woman and injures 27 others near Newbridge Co Kildare, Irish Republic.
- 5 April – A rear tire blows out on a truck as it travels near Santa Marta, Colombia, causing it to flip and explode and leading to a fire that kills 27.
- 8 April – A truck strikes a bus on a highway bridge in western Iran, causing the bus to tumble into a valley and killing 26. An additional 18 were injured.
- 10 April – A passenger bus overturns on a highway near Rabat, Morocco, killing 12 and injuring 43.
- 10 April – A bus travelling from Galle to Colombo in Sri Lanka collides with a beer delivery truck about 60 kilometres (40 mi) south of Colombo, killing 23 and injuring 56.
- 11 April – A bus carrying students on a field trip crashes into a tractor trailer on King's Highway 410 in Brampton, Ontario. One dies and five are seriously injured.
- 14 April – A bus transporting children from İzmir to Cappadocia collides with a truck near Aksaray, Turkey, killing 33, mostly children, and injuring 35.
- 14 April – A bus and a truck collide near Ciudad Juárez, Mexico, causing the truck's gas tank to explode. Twenty-eight were killed and 21 were injured. Some passengers say the bus driver might have fallen asleep.
- 14 April – A crowded small sized bus overturned and burst into flame at outskirt of Garissa, North Eastern, Kenya, killing 15 and injuring 61.
- 19 April – A bus falls down a 150-meter cliff on the road between Cochabamba and Santa Cruz, Bolivia, killing 26 and injuring 19.
- 23 April – A bus drove off a highway overpass and fell 65 feet in Chongqing, China, killing 24 and injuring seven. Slippery road conditions may have been to blame.
- 25 April – A bus drove off a mountain road and fell 300 feet into a stream near Poonch, India, killing 22 and injuring 14.
- 4 May – A truck collided with two other vehicles and crashed into a crowd waiting for a bus in Lincang, China, killing 16 and injuring more than 40.
- 6 May – A speeding bus veered off a mountain road and fell into a ravine 50 kilometres (30 mi) north of Islamabad, Pakistan, killing 21 Muslim pilgrims.
- 7 May – A bus drove off a road and plunged 20 meters into a cornfield in Guizhou, China, killing 17 and injuring 25.
- 7 May – A speeding bus and a truck collided 90 km north of Maseru, Lesotho, killing 39 and injuring 54.
- May 7 – According to Bolivian police official report, a Llallagua-Sucre Trans Bustillo bus overturned and crashed on the outskirts of El Retiro, Bolivia, killing 16 and injuring 30.
- 10 May – A bus travelling from Côte d'Ivoire to Togo collided with a truck full of cocoa near Winneba, Ghana, after which another truck and several other vehicles crashed into the accident site. About 40 people were killed.
- 11 May – A bus swerved on the road, lost control and fell into the Ganges riverbed near Patna, India, killing 20 and injuring 12.
- 13 May – Three buses collided in Rivers State, Nigeria, causing a large explosion that killed at least 50 people.
- 14 May – An oil tanker, bus, and truck collided about 60 kilometres (40 mi) south of Ahmedabad, India, killing at least 30 people.
- 18 May – Two buses collided on a highway between Zulia State and Lara State in Venezuela, killing 17 and injuring 20.
- 20 May – A three-wheeled tractor with a cargo trailer overturned on a mountain road in Liaoning, China, killing 20 women.
- 23 May – A bus travelling from Mosul, Iraq overturned on a highway in Syria, 400 kilometres (250 mi) north of Damascus, killing 14 and injuring 20.
- 18 June – A truck hit a bus on a highway between Halle and Magdeburg, Germany, causing it to plunge down an embankment. Thirteen were killed and 31 injured.
- July 1 – A bus and a truck collided on the Pan-American Highway in northern Peru, killing 24.
- July 2 – 19 were killed and 25 injured when a Solan-bound bus rolled 300 meters into a ravine near Shimla, India.
- July 3 – Two buses collided in the Sinai Peninsula, Egypt, killing 12 and injuring 58.
- July 4 – A landslide buried a bus near Eloxochitlan in the Mexican state of Puebla. 32 bodies were recovered before the search ended.
- July 13 – A tour bus traveling from Lhasa to Shigatse plunged into the Yarlung Tsangpo River about 89 kilometres (55 mi) west of Lhasa in Tibet, killing 14 and injuring 13.
- July 22– a Polish bus with pilgrims overturned, plunged and burned in French Alps in Notre-Dame-de-Mésage, near Vizille, Isère, France killing 26 and injuring 24.
- August 1 – The I-35W Mississippi River bridge, in Minneapolis, Minnesota, collapsed during afternoon rush hour, killing 13 and injuring 100.
- August 7 – According to Peruvian America Television report, a Nazca–Acarí and another Civa bus service bound for Lima collide head-on at Panamericana Sur Highway, Acarí, Arequipa, Peru, killing 14 and injuring 30.
- 13 August – 20 passengers were killed in the bus crash in North–South Expressway near Bukit Gantang, Changkat Jering, Perak.
- August 20 – According to Pakistani newspaper Daily Jang report, a bus veered off a mountain road, and crashed into a Neelum Valley, Ghori, Azad Kashimir, Pakistan, killing 25, another injuring are eight.
- 26 August – A truck carrying UPDF soldiers and their family crashed and overturned near Mount Elgon, in Eastern Uganda, killing 72 people, including 57 soldiers, and injuring a further forty.
- 8 September – Over half of the 150 passengers aboard a pilgrimage bus were killed when it crashed into a gorge in Nagbavji, India.
- 8 September – Two different bush crashes and fires claimed a total of 48 lives in northern Nigeria.
- 9 September – A tractor-trailer carrying ammonium nitrate overturned and caught fire near Monclova, Mexico. The subsequent explosions killed over thirty people and injured more than 150.
- September 16 – According to Televisa of Mexico report, a Puerto Vallarta–Guadalajara Vallarta Plus regular route bus ran off a mountain road and plunged into a ravine outside Compostela, Nayarit, Mexico, killing 17 and injuring 13.
- October 7 – A bus and train collided in Granma Province, Cuba, killing 28.
- October 11 – According to Rede Globo television of Brazil report, a Chapeco–São José do Cedro regular route bus collided with a truck while trying to pass another vehicle on a curve, which made a truck lose control and hit several emergency and rescue workers on the outskirts of Descanso, Santa Catarina, Brazil, killing 28 and injuring 90.
- November 4 – Baku–Gazakh motorway minibus crash: a minibus, carrying twenty persons, slammed into a parked truck laden with stones. 14 died and four were injured.
- November 16 – According to Lusa news agency and RTP television report, a bus collided with a car and the bus flipped over and tumbled down outside Fatima, Ourem, Portugal, killing 13, another 24 are injured.
- November 19 – According to Nigerian police official report, an Enugu-Port Harcourt regular route bus rammed into an oncoming truck at Ogida, Enugu, Nigeria, killing 21 and injuring 10.
- November 24 – According to Xinhua and CCTV of China report, a Linchuan Linda bus travelling from Shanghai plunged down a landslide outside Badong, Hubei, China, killing 31.
- December 14 – According to United News of India report, a Ludhiana–Ferozepur Satluj Express collided with a bus carrying local college students and teachers at crossing of Moga, Punjab of India, killing 17 and injuring 18.
- December 31 – According to Egyptian Television report, a regular route bus collided with a truck and flipped into an irrigation canal outside Dayrat, Asyut, Egypt, killing 19, another injuring are 40.
- 9 January – A 70-vehicle pileup, which killed four persons, and injured 38, occurred on Interstate 4 south of Orlando, Florida. A mix of fog and thick smoke from a nearby environmental burn caused near-zero visibility and is to blame for the accident.
- 12 January – A basketball team's Ford 15 passenger van returning to Bathurst, New Brunswick from a game in Moncton collided with a transport truck killing 7 team members and the coach's wife.
- January 18 – According to Bolivian police official report, a regular route bus ran off the road and plunged into a 600-feet deep ravine at outskirt of Manco Kapac, La Paz, Bolivia, killing 13 and injuring 22.
- 20 January – A bus carrying Hindu religious pilgrimage plunges into a gorge at Nashik, Maharashtra, India, killing 39 people and injuring 40.
- 20 January – A regular bus bound for Mon State skidded off the road and flipped over outside Kyaik Hto, Myanmar, killing at least 27 and injuring 10.
- January 26 – A bus carrying Jordanian tourist collided with a tank truck and overturned into a valley at Jerash, Jordan, killing at least 21 and injuring at least 30.
- January 29 – A regular route Chongqing–Shenzhen bus skidded off an icy road packed with snow and fell into a valley at the 98.9 kilometer point of the Guiyang–Zhunyi expressway, on the outskirts of Zhunyi, Guizhou, China, killing 25, another 13 are injured.
- January 31 – According to media and the government of Zimbabwe, a Mhunga bus service bound for Renco with 75 passengers on board, left a side road and crashed into a tree Masvingo-Nemanwa road, Masvingo, Zimbabwe, 14 people were killed and 55 injured.
- February 5 – A truck carrying many Hindu pilgrims hit a wall by a roadside, lost control, and overturned at Hathras, Uttar Pradesh, India, killing 12 and injuring 20.
- February 12 – According to China Daily report, a Chishui-Zunyi regular route bus veered off highway and plunged into 150-feet high cliff at outskirt of Chishui City, Guizhou, China, killing 21 and injuring 14.
- February 17 – According to Associated Press of Pakistan report, a Lahore–Dera Ghazi Khan local regular bus veer off a bend in the bridge and plunged onto another road below on the outskirts of Aialkot, Punjab of Pakistan, killing 14 and injuring 31.
- February 17 – According to GEO Television of Pakistan report, a Lahore-Multan passenger bus carrying over 60 people caught fire after going off a bridge outside Pattoki, Bunjab of Pakistan, killing 40 and injuring 22.
- February 18 – According to a Chinese news agency Xinhua report, a regular route bus ran into the rear of a tank truck, triggering a fire and explosion that ignited other vehicles at the 471 kilometer point of the Beijing–Zhuhai expressway, on the outskirts of Chenzhou, Hebei, China, killing 15 and injuring 25.
- February 21 – A bus travelling from Chittagong hit a pole carrying a power line and caught fire at Cox's Bazar, Bangladesh, killing at least 16 and injuring 20.
- February 23 – According to Saudi news agency Saudi Press Agency report, Saudi Public Transport (SAPTCO) regular route bus overturned because of faulty brakes outside Abha, Asir, Saudi Arabia, killing at least 25 and injuring 8.
- February 24 – A local bus veered off the road and plunged into a pond outside Sonapur, Assam, India, killing at least 18 and injuring one.
- March 1 – A local bus overcrowded with 70 passengers, when a bus driver tried to brake by downshifting, plunged off the highway, rolled down a fifty-foot slope, and slid about 200-yard down the highway at Cuilapa, Guatemala, killing 53 and injuring 17.
- March 5 – According to Indian police report, a truck carrying Hindu pilgrims overturned and lost control of another truck while negotiating a sharp turn at Hathras, Uttar Pradesh, India, killing 11, another 20 are injured.
- March 9 – A Mar de Ajó–Buenos Aires regular route bus disregards the National Highway Route 2's crossing signal, when a Buenos Aires–Mar del Plata nightly express train hit the bus at El Rapido Argentine line on the outskirts of Dolores, state of Buenos Aires, Argentina, killing at least 26, another 60 injured.
- March 12 – A series of accidents occurred, 200 vehicles crashed and went up in flames at E 11 highway of Dubai, UAE, 7 killed and 200 injured. It is considering to be one of the worst road accidents in the country.
- March 14 – According to Syrian Arab News Agency report, an Idlib–Tartus regular route bus was crushed by overturning and hitting a house on the outskirts of Tartus, southwestern Syria, killing 23, another 31 are injured. In an incident caused by exceeding speed.
- March 14 – According to Bangladeshi police and Channel 1 television report, a bus carrying a wedding couples and families collided head-on with truck before plunging into a ditch at outskirt of Goumadi, Barisal, Bangladesh, killing 12, another 11 are injured.
- March 15 – According to Iranian news agency IRNA report, a bus carrying 22 university students collided with truck, both vehicles caught fire immediately after the crash between Andimeshk of Khuzestan and Pol-e-Dokhtar of Lorestan, Iran, killing 22, another 7 are injured.
- March 16 – According to Peruvian Panamericana Television report, two passenger buses head-on collided and one of the vehicles drove out at Chimbote, Ancash, Peru, killing 14, another 35 are injured.
- March 25 – A major motorway pileup in Austria involving at least 60 vehicles occurred near Seewalchen causing 1 death and 30 injuries.
- March 25 – A regular route bus plunged off a side of highway and rolled 500-yards down a hillside at Ocotepeque, Honduras, killing 26, another 19 are injured.
- March 27 – According to Uganda Broadcasting Corporation report, a bus overturned and caught fire, when bus escaping overtake a trailer at outskirt of Kingo, Masaka, Uganda, killing 40.
- March 28 – According to Xinhua of China report, a Shenzhen–Chongqing regular route bus smashed into a minivan overtaking and then plunged into a river at expressway, Tankou, Sangzhi, Hunan, China, killing 13.
- April 3 – According to South African SAPA news agency report, a bus bound for Maputo carrying mine workers of Mozambique, left the road, and burst into flames with collided a tree at outskirt of Komatipoort, Mpumalanga, South Africa, killing 17.
- April 4 – According to Indian police and Zee News television report, an overcrowded Babughat–Narayanpur charter bus skidded off the road and plunged into a canal at Kestopur, North 24 Parganas, West Bengal, India, killing 20, another 35 are injured.
- April 12 – According to Jamahiriya Arab News Agency of Libya report, a traveller bus collided with a car, and veered off the road and then plunged into river at outskirt of Mizda, Libya, killing 36, another nine are injured.
- April 12 – A bus carrying British tourists collided with a truck near Jipijapa killing five and injuring a further 12.
- April 16 – According to Indian NDTV report, a bus carrying 60 school children from Bodeli, has overtake a track and lost control, after plunged into Narmada River, outskirt of Vadodara, Gujarat, India, in an incident caused by bus driver has exceed speed, killing 47 people.
- April 19 – According to Bangladeshi police and Bangladesh Television report, a Kurigram–Dhaka bus carrying workers has overturned and plunge off Jamuna bridge at Tangail, Bangladesh, killing 18, another 35 are injured.
- April 19 – A bus carrying Finnish tourists collided with a 4X4 and overturned on highway near the coastal resort of Benalmádena killing 9 and injuring 19.
- April 20 – According to Indian police official report, a passenger bus skidded off a road and plunged 370-feet into a deepgorge at outskirt of Battery Cheshma, Jammu and Kashmir, India, killing 13, another 28 are injured.
- April 23 – According to Indian police official report, an overcrowded mini-van carrying wedding couple and family collided with a truck at outskirt of Khara, Rajasthan, India, killing 24.
- May 1 – According to Hong Kong TV ATV and TVB report, a bus carrying elderly to a local religious ceremony has overturned and smashed into a barrior at Sai Kung, Hong Kong, killing 17, another injuring are 45.
- May 1 – According to Bolivian police official report, two minivan carrying Israeli and Japanese passengers head on collide and caught fire at outskirt of Uyuni, Potosi, Bolivia, killing 13.
- May 4 – According to Indian police official report, an overcrowded jeep carrying wedding couple and family crashed into truck at outskit of Mumbai, India, killing 16.
- May 7 – According to America Television of Peru report, a Lima–Yauyos regular route bus went off a mountain road, and plunged into 330-feet below of Canete River at outskirt of Yauyos, Peru, killing 29, another injuring are 15.
- May 8 – Belgian footballer François Sterchele was killed instantly when he crashed his Porsche Cayman S into a tree.
- May 8 – According to Kashmiri police official report, a bus skidded off a mountain road while negotiating a sharp bend and plunged into 370-feet below the Chenab River, outskirt of Kishtwar, Indian-Kashmir, killing 44.
- May 9 – According to Tanzanian police official report, a bus carrying Catholic Nuns and a truck collided at Morogoro–Dodoma road, outskirt of Dodoma, Tanzania, killing 15.
- May 9 – According to Tanzanian police official report, a trailer hit a local passenger bus where tried to avoid a smash up with an oncoming vehicle at outskirtof Dodoma, Tanzania, killing 12, another injuring are 29.
- May 17 – According to Hangzhou Television and Zhejiang Television report, an involving tractor collided by a mini bus and car, where a tractor was blocked and stopped by two vehicles, and exploded at Yongzhong, Longwan, Wenzhou, Zhejiang, China, killing 16, another injuring are 29.
- May 19 – According to portal site of Nepal news report, an overcrowded regular route Krishnanagar–Swagadwari Dang bus skidded off the mountain road, and plunged 500-feet below into the Rapti River, Bagasati, Dang, Nepal, killing 46, injuring another 28.
- May 19 – According to TV Azteca of Mexico report, an Estrella Blanca regular route bus plummeted 200-feet off a mountain highway at outskirt of Metzquitilan, Hidalgo, Mexico, killing 28, and many passengers and a driver has injured.
- May 21 – According to Press Trust of India report, a Pithoragarh–Bageshwar regular route bus veer off a road and plunged into the ditch where 300-feet below at outskirt of Chordhuroli, Uttarakhand, India, in an incident caused by mechanical fault, killing 21, another injuring are nine.
- May 23 – According to Iranian newspaper Etemaad report, a bus collided with a truck at a mountain road between Hamedan and Malayer, Hamedan, Iran, in an incident caused by truck driver has illegally overcoming and a bus driver has exceed speed, killing 24, another injuring are 11.
- May 27 – According to South African Broadcasting Corporation news report, a Mvenyane–Matatiele regular route bus plunged 450 feet down an embankment in Kaka Pass, where landed upside down in river at Cedarville, Eastern Cape, South Africa, killing 28.
- June 1 – According to Bolivian police official report, a La Paz–Yungas regular route bus plunged 630-feet down a ravine at between Asonta–Chulumari, Bolivia, killing 20 and injuring 15.
- June 2 – A bus carrying more than 50 schoolchildren was hit by a regional express train on a level crossing in Haute-Savoie, France. Seven children died and many others were injured.
- June 3 – According to Shanxi Television report, a Shuozhou transport regular route bus collided with a truck at Yuanyuan, Shuozhou, Shanxi, China, killing 22 and injuring two.
- June 3 – According to Vietnamese newspaper Nhan Dan and Tuổi Trẻ report, a Ho Chi Minh City–Hanoi regular route bus carrying 50 passengers on board head-on collided with a container on the trailer truck at outskirt of Hàm Tân, Bình Thuận, Vietnam, killing fourteen and injuring eighteen.
- June 9 – According to police official of India report, a passenger bus collided with a jeep at Shahuwadi Kohlapur, Maharashtra, India, killing 17 and injuring 25.
- June 9 – According to Indian Embassy of Thimphu report, a truck carrying Indian workers smashed and negotiating a narrow wet condition stretch road while returning from work site at Wangkha, Chukha, Bhutan, killing 12.
- June 15 – According to United News of India report, a Bachri–Rampur Himachal Pradesh Road Transport bus plunged into a 500-feet deep gorge at Kalchi More, Rampur, Himachal Pradesh, India, killing 16 and injuring six.
- June 16 – According to Zambia National Broadcasting Corporation news report, a NPS bus crashed and lost control by a front tire has bursting at Great East Road, Nyalugwe, Nyimba, Zambia, killing 28 and injuring 52.
- June 21 – According to Indian police official report, a Rampur-Basheri Himachal Road Transport bus plunged into george, when crowded road in a narrow curve with drivers error at outskirt of Rampur, Himachal Pradesh, India, killing 16.
- June 23 – According to NTV Turkey report, a freight train rammed into minibus, which passing level crossing despite warn up at outskirt of Nurdagi, Gaziantep, Turkey, killing eleven bus passengers.
- June 25 – According to Nigerian Television Authority news report, a multipile motors, including Petyex Transport bus, fuel tanker and six vehicles crashed at Ita bridge, Ikot, Akwa Ibom, Nigeria, killing 25.
- June 28 – According to Times of India report, a Sakhnikhet–Kotdwar regular route bus plunged into a gorge at outskirt of Bedgaon, Nainital, India, killing thirteen and injuring nine.
- June 29 – According to Televisa of Mexico report, a truck slammed into two Omnibus de la Laguna passenger buses stopped for repair and mechanical failure at 126 kilometers point from US and Mexican border of Pan American Highway, Ojo Laguna, Chihuahua, Mexico, killing seventeen and injuring fifteen.
- July 1 – According to Reuters, AP, AFP, IRNA news, a bus overturned on a highway at between Teheran–Qom, Ray Country, Iran, killing 25 and seriously injured 16.
- July 3 – According to Doordarshan television of India report, a Haldwani-Kashipur regular route bus carrying 48 passengers rammed into a tree, when a front tyre of a vehicle burst at Gadappu, Nainital, India, killing nineteen and injuring 29.
- July 4 – According to Interior Minister and civil protection agency of El Salvador report, a bus carrying a local evangelical church members hit by heavy massivie rain with flood, where plunged into Acelhuate River, San Marcos, San Salvador, El Salvador, killing 31.
- July 5 – According to News Agency of Nigeria report, a bus carrying conveying pupils head on collided with another vehicle at between Benin City–Asaba expressway, Nigeria, killing eighteen, including twelve children.
- July 7 – According to Bangla Vision television teport, a Chittagong-Dhaka regular route bus lost control and crashed into another bus in the opposite direction, where plunged into a 61-metre-deep (200 ft) road side ditch at outskirt of Comilla, near Chittagong, Bangladesh, killing twenty and injuring forty.
- July 8 – According to Bolivision report, a truck loaded with sixty passengers and many goods plunged 650 feet down a cliff at outskirt of Potosi, Bolivia, killing 47 and injuring ten.
- July 9 – According to Indian police official report, an overcrowded Ramgarh–Ranchi regular route bus collided with a truck and plunged into the Chutupala Valley, Netarhat, Jharkhand, India, killing twenty and injuring thirty.
- July 11 – According to SBT television of Brazil report, a Porto Velho–Roraima of Brasília regular route bus carrying 36 passengers head-on collide with trailer truck with gasoline, both vehicles caught fire at BR-364 expressway, Ouro Preto do Oeste, Rondônia, Brazil, killing 22 people.
- July 12 – According to Peruvian police official report, a Lima–Tarapoto Civa transport bus skidded off the highway, after theb driver swerved to avoid hitting on-coming trailer truck at outskirt of Vichaycocha, Huaral, Peru, killing 14 and injuring 10.
- July 18 – According to nepalnews of portal site report, a bus carrying fifty passengers veered off a mountain with plunged into Trishuli River, Narayangadh-Mugling expressway, Chandi Bhanjyang, Chitwan, Nepal, killing sixteen and injuring twenty-nine.
- July 20 – According to Indian NDTV report, a truck collided head on with a private mini bus at Etah-Kasganj Expressway, outskirt of Etah, Uttar Pradesh, India, at least sixteen dead.
- July 21 – According to Peruvian TV Peru report, a Soyuz Transport bus carrying Hermanos Flores Group head collided with a Huaral–Lima regular route bus at Pasamayo, Huaral, Peru, Soyuz bus crossed into a lane of oncoming traffic in an attempt to pass another vehicle, at least 25 dead and injuring sixty.
- July 22 – According to Colombian RCN television report, a Puerto Asis–Pasto regular route bus cassying fifty passengers plunged into a 490-metre-deep (1,600 ft) ravine at outskirt of Mocoa, Putamayo, Colombia, at least twenty-three dead and injuring twenty-one.
- July 22 – At least 8 people killed in collision between a bus and a train in Dâmbovița County.
- July 23 – According to Indian Khaleej Times report, a Jammu-Srinagar regular route bus crushed by lost control at Banihal Pass, Sher-Bibi, Jammu and Kashimir, India, killing seventeen and injuring thirty-five.
- July 29 – According to Philippine National Police official and an ABS-CBN television report, a packed commuter bus strayed into an oncoming lane, and crashed head-on collide with another bus at Pamplona, Camarines Sur, Philippines, at least eleven dead and injuring twenty-nine.
- July 31 – According to Indian Police Service and Times of India report, a bus carrying Nepalease pilgrims plunged into Alkananda River with killing at least thirty-six and injuring eleven at Panauti, Kaverepalanchowk, Uttarakhanda, India.
- August 2 – According to Indian Police Service and NDTV report, an overloaded truck with 125 farm laborers plunged into a small river and killing at least sixty at Khagaria, Bihar, India.
- August 3 – At least nineteen people killed and injuring many passengers, a bus and a truck collision, and bus driver swerved to the left, when the driver dosed off behind the wheel at Sirjan-Bandar Abbas road, outskirt of Sirjan, Kerman Province, Iran.
- August 8 – Sherman, Texas – according to Sherman Police Department official report, an illegally operated charter bus carrying fifty-five people of Vietnamese-American Catholic, Marian Pays group skidded off at Dallas-Oklahoma Highway 75, killing at least seventeen passengers and injuring more than forty. Sherman, Texas bus accident.
- August 15 – At least fifteen children died, a bus with forty people, including thirty-two children of Baami School has lost control and plunged into Phalguni River in Ulaibitta village, Mangalore, Karnataka, India.
- August 15 – At least twenty-nine died, two passenger buses, mostly Italian and Dominican and collied with two pickup trucka at La Romana, La Altagracia, Dominican Republic.
- August 16 – At least fifteen died and injuring twenty, a bus plunged off mountain road into 260-meter deep ravine at Mianchi Country, Henan Province, China.
- August 18 – At least fifty died, a bus tried to cross a bridge, and swollen and plunged Glace River by Tropical Storm Fay at outskirt of Beaumont, Grand'Ase, Haiti.
- September 7 – A bus carrying mostly elderly Slovak tourists crashed into a highway flyover pillar on a section of Zagreb–Split motorway near Zir, Croatia, killing 14 people and injuring 30 others in the worst highway accident in Croatia since independence.
- September 13 – A Bazhong–Ningbo bus plunged into a 100-meter deep valley at Nanjiang, Sichuan, China, at least fifty-one killed.
- September 15 – A tourist bus crashed into a truck on the west coast of Egypt's Sinai peninsula outside the resort of Ras Sadr, killing 14 people (7 foreign tourists from Netherlands, Russia and Ukraine and 5 Egyptians) and injuring 37 others.
- September 21 – A bus crashed with a truck coming from the opposite direction on Sunday morning at around 4 a.m. in Vietnam's central Nghệ An Province, killing 16 people on the bus and leaving 13 injured, according to the local traffic safety bureau.
- October 3 – A fiery collision between an 18-wheeler tractor–trailer, driven by Andrew David Carter, 31, and a state van, killed 6 applicants for prison jobs and their driver, 36-year-old correctional officer Rodney Kelley, about 30 kilometres (20 mi) southeast of Montgomery, Alabama rural highway of U.S. 82 (U.S. Route 82). Department of Corrections staff transported them from a state prison near Union Springs to another DOC prison. The 6 applicants were identified as Julius Bouier, 26; Lionel Moore, 18; John Foye Jr., 20; Brandon Anglin, 23; Henry Simmons Sr., 45; and Derrick Ivey, 22.
- October 5 – A Greyhound chartered bus, with 46 people, traveling from Sacramento, California to Colusa Casino Resort, veered across Lone Star Road, Colusa County, and cartwheeled down an embankment southeast of Williams, California, killing at least 10 passengers and injuring at least 38.
- October 10 – A Thai tour bus with Kaset Techno Khon Kaen University students on a field trip overturned coming down a steep hill in Nadi district, Prachinburi, at 0330 local time (2030 GMT), 135 km (84 mi) north-east of Bangkok, killing 22 people (the driver, 18 male and 3 female students), and seriously injuring 50 others, according to Majors Suchart Yaemsak and General Sanchai Chaiamporn.
- October 20 – An entire family of 6 were killed as their car was shunted under another stopped car by a lorry on a motorway in Cheshire. David Statham, 38, his wife Michelle, 33, and their four children Reece, 13, Jay, 9, Mason, 20 months, and Ellouise, 10 weeks, died. A 46-year-old Portuguese lorry driver was later convicted of causing their deaths by careless driving and jailed for three years.
- October 27 – 9 people died and 18 others were injured, when a passenger jeepney with 21 people on board fell into a 300-meter ravine in Dapdap West Tagaytay City, Philippines on their way to Tanauan, Batangas to bury a dead relative's remains.
- November 1 – 7 people were killed and more than 30 passengers injured, in a head-on collision between an overtaking packed passenger Fermina Express bus and a Toyota Revo utility vehicle along the North Luzon Expressway, near Sta. Ines, Mabalacat, Pampanga. Some of the fatalities' bodies were dismembered in the gruesome tragedy.
- November 15 – 99 people killed and 46 wounded when a bus collided head-on with a truck in Boromo. The bus caught fire and most victims were burned alive. Miracolously, the bus driver got off unhurt.
- December 14, 2008 Egyptian bus accident
- December 16–25 killed and 30 injured after a bus crashes off the road and rolls down a ravine between Ovda and Eilat in Israel.
- January 10 — At least 30 killed including 6 children and another 20 people killed in bus accident.
- January 19 — 2 killed and 12 injured after a snowy highway (Interstate 70) caused 71 people in 35 cars and 5 tractor trailers to crash in Myersville, Maryland.
- January 25 — At least 15 footballers killed when bus collided with a vehicle transporting cattle near Jos, Nigeria.
- February 11 — At least 14 killed and 57 injured when two buses collided with a truck in Arequipa Province. In the other accident, 12 people were killed and 39 injured when a bus plunged into a gorge in Ayacucho province.
- February 21 — At least 11 people killed when a bus collided with a train.
- April 14 — At least 20 people killed when a bus and a petrol tanker collided in Peru.
- May 4 — At least 28 people where killed in bus crash in Iran.
- May 28 — Sixteen people died and four were injured when a tourist bus crashed into a crowd in eastern Bulgaria.
- June 24 — At least 25 people killed and 40 wounded when two buses collided in Indian-administered Kashmir.
- July 16 — At least 8 Europeans and 3 Egyptians killed and 10 injured in a collision between a bus and lorry.
- July 24 — At least 21 people where killed when a bus collided with a petrol tanker in Rostov Oblast.
- July 26 — Eight were killed, including the driver, and three were injured when a driver travels the wrong way for 2.7 kilometres (1.7 mi) on the Taconic State Parkway in New York State before crashing head-on into a sport utility vehicle at about 1:30 p.m. The driver, identified as Diane Schuler, was later found to be impaired by alcohol and marijuana. Four of her five passengers, all children, were killed as well as all three men in the oncoming vehicle. Two occupants of another car suffered minor injuries. (See 2009 Taconic State Parkway crash.)
- July 31 — At least 17 people died after a bus crash in Quiquijana District in Peru. The bus was from Arequipa and the destination was Cusco.
- August 2 — At least 33 people where killed in bus accident in Zimbabwe.
- August 10 — Two trucks loaded with passengers collided in Ciego de Avila, Cuba, killing 14 people and injuring about 30 others.
- August 13 — A heavy dump truck collides head-on with a crowded passenger bus outside of Panama City, killing at least 22 people and injuring several others in one of Panama's worst-ever traffic accidents.
- August 14 — 2009 Romanian bus-train collision occurred at 14:10 local time (UTC+3) when at least 14 people died after a bus-train collision in Scânteia, Iaşi County, Romania on County Road 248C. It was the worst accident in Romania in fifteen years.
- October 18 — Quezon province double-accident – A 4-wheeler truck bumps right side signage. An hour later, a bus carried 40 students, 7 teachers and 1 parent bumped on the left side tree, a bus from Blessed Hope Christian Academy in Marikina City going to Legazpi City – 1 killed (soldier), 3 injured (2 teachers and 1 student)
- December 6 — At least 20 people killed and some 45 injured in Bangladesh after two buses were involved in a head-on collision.
- December 17 — 17 people were killed when a touring coach veered off a mountain road.
- December 22 — December 2009 Interstate 10 pileup – Three people were killed and 14 more were injured after a sudden dust storm reduced visibility to near-zero along a portion of Interstate 10. Twenty-two vehicles were involved in the pileup, including a tank truck that exploded and set seven other vehicles on fire.
- December 24 — At least 40 people die and 10 injured in bus crash in Peru.
- December 26 — Ten passengers were killed when a Sani Express double-decker express bus crashed into the divider along the North–South Expressway near Ipoh, Malaysia at 1am. The driver of the bus admitted that he fell asleep at the wheel.
- List of road accidents
- List of road accidents 2010–2019
- List of OECD countries by traffic-related death rate
- List of motor vehicle deaths in U.S. by year
- List of motor vehicle deaths in Japan by year
- List of bridge disasters
- List of rail accidents (2000–present) – includes level crossing accidents.
- List of level crossing accidents
- "29 killed in Peru crash". BBC News. 3 January 2000.
- "Egypt crash kills twenty". BBC News. 13 January 2000.
- "Fiery 24-vehicle pileup claims 10, injures 42 Accident on icy stretch involves 19 cars and 5 trucks". DeseretNews.com. 24 January 2000. Retrieved 2 October 2014.
- "Many die in South Africa bus crash". BBC News. 24 January 2000.
- "30 dead in South African crash". BBC News. 24 January 2000.
- "EUROPE | Asians killed in Cyprus bus accident". BBC News. 2000-01-30. Retrieved 2013-04-01.
- "Turkish bus crashes kill 26". BBC News. 31 January 2000.
- "AMERICAS | Six die in accident in Brazil". BBC News. 2000-02-13. Retrieved 2013-04-01.
- "ASIA-PACIFIC | Seventeen killed in Vietnam bus crash". BBC News. 2000-02-15. Retrieved 2013-04-01.
- "Twenty-four die in Peru bus crash". BBC News. 3 March 2000.
- "Kenya Timeline". Retrieved 2 October 2014.
- "AMERICAS | 31 dead in accident in Guatemala". BBC News. 2000-04-15. Retrieved 2013-04-01.
- "Bosnia bus crash kills 43". BBC News. 2000-05-13. Retrieved 2010-05-08.
- "CNN report". Archived from the original on February 15, 2009. Retrieved 2 October 2014.
- 38 More Bodies of Liuzhou Bus Plunge Found
- "AMERICAS | 17 died in Bolivia bus accident". BBC News. 2000-07-25. Retrieved 2013-04-01.
- "AFRICA | Forty dead in Rwanda crash". BBC News. 2000-09-05. Retrieved 2013-04-01.
- "AFRICA | Schoolchildren die in accident". BBC News. 2000-10-08. Retrieved 2013-04-01.
- Horror bus crash in Nigeria, 12 October 2000
- Nigerian tanker inferno kills over 100, 6 November 2000
- "AFRICA | Forty-five die in Kenya crash". BBC News. 2000-08-25. Retrieved 2013-02-07.
- Sixty killed in Nigerian bus accident, November 24, 2000 Archived August 23, 2009, at the Wayback Machine.
- "CNN report". Archived from the original on February 19, 2008. Retrieved 2 October 2014.
- Portugal bridge collapse 'kills 70', 5 March 2001
- Portugal hit by new bus disaster, 25 March 2001
- "NTSB Report".
- "AP report via Webster University". Retrieved 2 October 2014.
- "CNN report". Archived from the original on August 23, 2009. Retrieved 2 October 2014.
- "Kenya bus crash kills 23". Retrieved 2 October 2014.
- "50 feared dead in Africa bus crash". Retrieved 18 November 2016.
- Smoke hinders Swiss tunnel rescue, October 25, 2001
- Gotthard police find no more bodies, October 26, 2001
- "CNN report". Archived from the original on August 25, 2009. Retrieved 2 October 2014.
- "CNN News Report". Archived from the original on August 27, 2009. Retrieved 2 October 2014.
- "Speeding Buses Collide on Highway, Killing 35". Retrieved 18 November 2016.
- "Reuters Pictures - BANGLADESH BUS". 2002-01-07. Retrieved 18 November 2016.
- "MIDDLE EAST | 40 die in Saudi Hajj crash". BBC News. 2002-02-13. Retrieved 2013-02-07.
- "35 Killed When Bus Crashes Into Gas Station". Los Angeles Times. Retrieved 18 November 2016.
- "Road Accident Kills 22 People in Central China". Retrieved 18 November 2016.
- Oman bus crash kills 46, 20 April 2002
- "CNN report". Archived from the original on February 13, 2008. Retrieved 2 October 2014.
- "46 killed in bus accident". Retrieved 18 November 2016.
- "PAKISTAN: AT LEAST 40 PEOPLE HAVE BEEN KILLED AFTER BUS DRIVES OFF A BRIDGE". ITN Source. Retrieved 18 November 2016.
- "CNN report". Archived from the original on February 24, 2008. Retrieved 2 October 2014.
- "Coach crash kills 19 Polish pilgrims in Hungary". The Guardian. Retrieved 18 November 2016.
- "Indonesian Bus Crash Kills 26". Wall Street Journal. Retrieved 18 November 2016.
- "'UN troops' in Ugandan bus crash". BBC News. Retrieved 18 November 2016.
- "Mexican Bus Crash Kills 33". Orlando Sentinel. Retrieved 18 November 2016.
- "BBC News report". Retrieved 2 October 2014.
- Belluck, Pam (2002-09-13). "14 Migrant Workers Drown as Van Plunges Into Maine Waterway on Way to a Job". The New York Times. Retrieved 2010-05-08.
- "News Report". Retrieved 2 October 2014.
- Wentz-Graff, Kristyna (October 11, 2002). "At least 10 killed in multi-car crash in Wisconsin". USA Today. Associated Press.
- "33 People Die in Philippine Road Accident". China.org.cn. November 24, 2002. Retrieved 18 November 2016.
- Bus crash inferno in Indonesia 24 January 2003
- "BBC NEWS | Europe | Fatal Czech bus crash". news.bbc.co.uk. Retrieved 2016-12-21.
- Greek crash kills 21 teenagers, 14 April 2003
- Bus crash kills 30, injures 71 in Cuba, April 18, 2003
- Poor Bus Accident Record for Gauteng, 4 July 2003
- Pakistan bus crash kills 24, 9 May 2003
- Coach crash in France kills 28 holidaymakers, 18 May 2003
- Hong Kong bus crash kills 22, 10 July 2003
- "34 die in Venezuela bus crash". the Guardian. Retrieved 2 October 2014.
- Pakistan rail crossing crash kills at least 40, September 20, 2003
- I-90 Bus Crash kills 8, October 2, 2003
- Horror Indonesian smash claims 54 lives, October 9, 2003.
- "Eleven killed in coach accident". The Age. Melbourne. 21 December 2003.
- "BBC News Report". Retrieved 2 October 2014.
- "BBC News Report". Retrieved 2 October 2014.
- "Bus, truck head-on collision leaves 13 hurt on Muscat-Salalah highway" (PDF). Pdo.co.om. Retrieved 2013-02-07.
- "Machine falls over school bus, kills 23". cbsnews.com. Retrieved 2014-05-15.
- "15 killed in Ukraine bus accident". BBC News. 16 May 2004. Retrieved 5 January 2013.
- "Six years after the tragedy of Mihăilești", Realitatea.net
- "News Report". IRINnews. Retrieved 2 October 2014.
- UNEP APELL News Report June 25, 2004
- ADAC. "Busunfälle in Europa seit 1982". Retrieved 2 October 2014.
- "7 die in Greece bus accident". BBC News. 27 September 2004.
- 54 ethnic pilgrims killed in Qinghai truck crash, January 5, 2005
- Road accident kills 28 in Fujian Province, January 7, 2005
- "Indo-Asian News Service report via Yahoo! India News". Yahoo! News India. Retrieved 2 October 2014.
- "News from Russia" Report
- Bus crash in Peru kills at least 35, May 22, 2005
- Police: 24 dead after bus fleeing Rita catches fire, September 23, 2005
- "Utah State University Mourns Van Crash Victims".
- "Bus accident in Bangladesh kills 25 16 October 2005
- "China Daily article". Retrieved 2 October 2014.
- AP report via Denton Record-Chronicle
- "Bus falls into gorge in Indian Kashmir" 20 January 2006
- ABC News Report
- "Tourists die in Rome bus plunge". BBC News. 2006-02-07. Retrieved 2010-05-08.
- February 20060217-152858.html Carambolage monstre sur l'autoroute 40, 17 February 2006
- "CNN report". Retrieved 2 October 2014.
- "MSNBC News Report". msnbc.com. Retrieved 2 October 2014.
- "Ghanaweb news report". Retrieved 2 October 2014.
- "Reuters news report". Retrieved 2 October 2014.
- "Reuters news report". Retrieved 2 October 2014.
- [dead link]
- 19/7/2006 – M6 accident involving school bus : Cumbria County Council
- Coach firm slammed after school trip crash – News – lep.co.uk
- "Three kids killed when SUV plunges into sea". Archived from the original on August 8, 2014. Retrieved December 4, 2012.
- Reuters report via CNN
- Highway overpass collapses near Montreal, October 1, 2006
- AP report via CNN
- Syrian Arab News Agency report
- "BBC News Report". Retrieved 2 October 2014.
- AP report via International Herald Tribune
- "Vietnam News Agency report". Retrieved 2 October 2014.
- AP report via International Herald Tribune
- Reuters report
- "AP report via USA Today". Retrieved 2 October 2014.
- "AP report via USA Today". Retrieved 2 October 2014.
- "AP report via USA Today". Retrieved 2 October 2014.
- AP report via International Herald Tribune
- "CNN report". Retrieved 2 October 2014.
- AP report via International Herald Tribune
- "Reuters report". Retrieved 2 October 2014.
- "13 die in Himachal bus accident" 14 November 2006
- Lee High School Bus Flips Off Interstate, 4 Students Die, November 20, 2006
- "At least 17 killed in TN road bus mishap" 27 November 2006
- "Taiwan bus crashes into ravine killing 22" 3 December 2006
- "Andean bus crash kills 45" 5 December 2006
- "Bulgaria bus, truck crash kills 19" 7 December 2006
- "12 killed, 20 injured in bus crash in Thailand" 10 December 2006
- "Bus crash leaves 21 dead, 30 injured in Peru's northern jungle" 13 December 2006
- "12 die in South Africa holiday bus crash" 24 December 2006
- "Russian traffic accident kills 13 people" 25 December 2006
- "At least 55 dead in Bangladesh bus fire" 7 January 2007
- "Bus collision in eastern Saudi Arabia kills 24 Muslim pilgrims returning from hajj" 12 January 2007
- "Traffic crash leaves 20 dead in northern Colombia" 15 January 2007
- "22 People, Mostly Teachers Killed In Accident In Thailand" 19 January 2007
- "21 killed in Uganda bus crash" 22 January 2007
- "Bus plunges into ravine in southern Mexico, kills 29" 24 January 2007
- "26 people, including 6 children, killed in road accident in Syria" 28 January 2007
- "Sixteen Perish At Akuse Junction" 2 February 2007
- "Death toll in tanker blast explosion in southern Philippines rises to 50, 65 injured" 3 February 2007
- " Vietnamese bus collides with train killing 13" 9 February 2007
- "Bus crash claims 17" 19 February 2007
- "Bus runs over, kills 15 during Bolivian Carnival" 23 February 2007
- "Bluffton Bus Accident" 1 June 2007
- "Zimbabwe bus and train collision kills 34" 6 March 2007
- "Death toll from Zimbabwe's bus-train crash rises to 37" 13 March 2007
- "36 killed in two bus accidents in China" 16 March 2007
- "16 killed, 67 injured in bus mishap in India's West Bengal" 17 March 2007
- "Radio: At least 70 dead in Guinea truck crash" 21 March 2007
- "29 killed when bus loses brakes, catches fire on mountain road in central Thailand" 20 March 2007
- "13 killed as bus collides with wagon" 25 March 2007
- "Colombian truck crashes killing 27 on first day of Easter holidays" 5 April 2007
- "26 killed in road accident in Iran" 8 April 2007
- "Moroccan bus crash kills 12, hurts 43" 10 April 2007
- "23 dead in road accident in Sri Lanka" 10 April 2007
- "Turkey school bus crash kills at least 33" 14 April 2007
- "At least 21 killed in Mexican bus crash" 14 April 2007
- "23 killed in crash outside Ciudad Juárez" 15 April 2007
- "Mexico bus crash toll rises to 28 dead, passengers say driver apparently fell asleep" 15 April 2007
- "At least 15 people killed in Kenya bus crash" 15 April 2007
- "Bolivian bus crash kills 26" 20 April 2007
- "China bus crash kills 24" 23 April 2007
- "Bus falls into stream in Indian Kashmir, 22 killed" 25 April 2007
- "May Day holiday road accident kills 16" 5 May 2007
- "21 Pakistani pilgrims die in road crash" 7 May 2007
- "17 dead, 25 injured in Guizhou bus accident" 7 May 2007
- "39 killed in Lesotho bus crash" 8 May 2007
- "Trucks and bus collide in Ghana, killing 41 people" 12 May 2007
- "40 die in multiple Ghana road crash" 12 May 2007
- "Bus plunges into Indian river, 17 killed" 11 May 2007
- "India Bus Accident Kills 20, Injures 12" 11 May 2007
- "50 Die in Multiple Motor Accident in Rivers" 14 May 2007
- "Bus crash leaves at least 25 dead in southern Nigeria, police say"13 May 2007
- "Tanker, truck, bus collision leaves at least 30 dead in western India" 14 May 2007
- "Bus crash in western Venezuela kills 17, injures 20" 18 May 2007
- "20 Chinese female farmers killed when tractor overturns on mountain road" May 20, 2007
- "Road accident leaves 14 people dead in northern Syria" 24 May 2007
- "13 killed in bus accident in eastern Germany" 18 June 2007
- Bus collides with truck on Peruvian highway; 24 killed, July 1, 2007
- 19 killed in Himachal bus accident, 3 July 2007.
- Egypt tour bus crash kills 12, July 3, 2007
- Landslide buries at least 40 on Mexican mountain road, July 4, 2007
- Rescuers recover 32 bodies, end search for victims of Mexican landslide 5 July 2007
- Death toll in Tibet tour bus accident climbs to 14 14 July 2007
- "72 killed in Uganda truck crash", August 27, 2007
- "Uganda: 73 Killed in Army Truck Crash", 27 August 2007
- "n:85 Hindu pilgrims killed in India lorry crash", Wikinews, September 8, 2007
- "Nigeria: 9 Youth Corps Members, 39 Others Roasted to Death in Auto Accidents", Vanguard via allAfrica.com, 10 September 2007
- "Mexico police probe truck inferno", BBC news, 11 September 2007
- "Truck carrying ammonium nitrate blows up, killing 28 in northern Mexico", AP via International Herald Tribune, September 11, 2007.
- Bus and train collision kills at least 28 in Cuba, Wikinews, 7 October 2007.
- 70-VEHICLE CRASH ON I-4
- Nasik bus accident toll rises to 39, Webindia123, Monday, Jan 21
- Jordan tourist bus crash kills 21, police say, Associated Press via International Herald Tribune, January 26, 2008
- "BBC – Mass motorway pile-up in Austria". Retrieved 2 October 2014.
- "Children die in Indian bus plunge". BBC News. 2008-04-16. Retrieved 2008-04-16.
- "Nine killed in Spain coach crash". BBC News. 2008-04-19. Retrieved 2008-04-20.
- "8 die in Romania bus – train collision" (in Romanian). Realitatea TV. 22 July 2007.
- "Iran bus accident kills 19". Persian Journal.
- "25 rescued, 15 dead in Mangalore Bus Accident". Sahilonline. Retrieved 4 January 2008.
- "Bus crash in Dominican Republic kills 18". France 24. Retrieved 4 January 2009.
- "Overloading blamed for bus plunge killing 15 in China". China Central Television.
- "Bus overturns in Haiti flooding". CNN. Archived from the original on September 16, 2008.
- "Bus crash in Croatia kills 14 Slovak tourists". The Slovak Spectator.
- 51 killed, after bus plunges into valley in SW China
- ukpress.google, 14 dead in tourist bus crash[dead link]
- sky.com, Tourists Dead In Egypt Bus Crash
- Bus, truck collide, killing 16 in central Vietnam
- www.nytimes.com, labama: 7 Die When Tractor-Trailer Hits Van
- yahoo.com, 7 killed in fiery Ala. collision on rural road
- Hunter, Desiree (2008-10-03). "7 reported killed in fiery Ala. prison van crash". Associated Press. Retrieved 2015-08-05.
- sky.com, Ten Die In California Bus Crash
- "latimes.com, At least 7 killed, 38 injured in Greyhound bus crash". latimes.com. 6 October 2008. Retrieved 2 October 2014.
- "iol.co.za, University students die in bus crash". Retrieved 2 October 2014.
- "news.bbc.co.uk, Thai bus crash kills at least 22". Retrieved 2 October 2014.
- 22 die in Thailand bus crash
- "www.abs-cbnnews.com, Death toll in Tagaytay jeepney plunge climbs to 9". ABS-CBN News. Retrieved 2 October 2014.
- "gmanews.tv, 7 killed as jeep plunges into ravine in Tagaytay". GMA News Online. Retrieved 2 October 2014.
- "earthtimes.org/articles, Seven killed in road collision in the northern Philippines". Retrieved 2 October 2014.
- "gmanews.tv/story, Overtaking bus slams into car in Pampanga; seven killed". GMA News Online. Retrieved 2 October 2014.
- "Bus-Revo smashup kills 6, hurts 30 11 January 2008". GMA News Online. Retrieved 2 October 2014.
- "Latest News". Savanefm.bf. Retrieved 2013-04-01.
- Israel coach crash caused by 'road rage' The Times, 17 December 2008
- "30 die in Peru bus accident". BBC News. 10 January 2009.
- Dixon, Tyeesha (2009-01-20). "At least 2 killed, 12 hurt in I-70 pileup in W. Maryland". The Baltimore Sun. Retrieved 2009-01-21.[dead link]
- "15 Nigerian Soccer Team Players Die in Bus Accident". BBC News. 25 January 2009.
- "Americas | Peru bus crash kills 26". BBC News. 2009-02-11. Retrieved 2013-04-01.
- "11 die in Slovakia bus-train collision". BBC News. 21 February 2009. Retrieved 5 March 2013.
- "20 die in Peru bus crash". BBC News. 14 April 2009. Retrieved 5 March 2013.
- "28 die in Iran bus crash". BBC News. 4 May 2009. Retrieved 5 March 2013.
- "Tourist bus crashes into crowd in Bulgaria". CNN. 28 May 2009. Retrieved 2010-05-08.
- "25 die in India bus collision". BBC News. 24 June 2009. Retrieved 5 March 2013.
- "11 die in Egypt bus accident". BBC News. 16 July 2009. Retrieved 5 March 2013.
- "21 die in Russia bus accident". Russia Today. 24 July 2013. Retrieved 5 March 2013.
- "NY prosecutor: Wrong-way crash driver drunk, high".
- "17 killed in Peru bus accident". Deccan Chronicle. 2009-07-31. Retrieved 2009-08-06.
- "33 die in Zimbabwe bus crash". BBC News. 2 August 2009. Retrieved 5 March 2013.
- "International News | World News – ABC News". Abcnews.go.com. Retrieved 2013-02-07.
- Don Winner. "Panama bus crash kills 23 people". Panama Guide. Retrieved 2013-02-07.
- "More than 20 killed in Panama crash, president says – CNN.com". CNN. 2009-08-14. Retrieved 2010-05-08.
- "microbuz-lovit-de-un-tren-la-iasi-cinci-persoane-au-murit Antena 3 (Romanian)". Retrieved 2 October 2014.
- "cel-putin-12-persoane-si-au-pierdut-viata-dupa-coliziunea-dintre-un-tren-si-un-microbuz Realitatea TV (Romanian)". REALITATEA.NET. 2 October 2014. Retrieved 2 October 2014.
- "13-morti-si-trei-raniti-grav-dupa-ce-un-microbuz-a-fost-lovit-de-tren Mediafax (Romanian)". Mediafax.ro. Retrieved 2 October 2014.
- "Euronews". euronews. Retrieved 2 October 2014.
- 13 killed, 3 seriously injured in bus-train collision in Romania
- "Bus collision in Bangladesh kills 20". Retrieved 2 October 2014.
- "South Korea bus crash kills 17 elderly tourists". Retrieved 2 October 2014.
- "40 die in Peru bus crash". BBC News. 24 December 2009.