List of twin towns and sister cities in Slovakia
|This article needs additional citations for verification. (January 2016) (Learn how and when to remove this template message)|
This is a list of places in Slovakia having standing links to local communities in other countries. In most cases, the association, especially when formalised by local government, is known as "town twinning" (though other terms, such as "partner towns" or "sister cities" are sometimes used instead), and while most of the places included are towns, the list also comprises villages, cities, districts, counties, etc. with similar links.
- Sajószentpéter, Hungary
- Tura, Hungary (1993)
Moldava nad Bodvou
Spišská Nová Ves
- Vrbové, Slovakia
Zvolen is a member of the Douzelage, a town twinning association of 23 towns across the European Union. This active town twinning began in 1991 and there are regular events, such as a produce market from each of the other countries and festivals.
- Other twinnings
- "Banská Bystrica Sister Cities". © 2001–2008. Retrieved 23 October 2008.
- "Tarnobrzeg Official Website – Partner Cities". (in Polish) © 1999–2008 Urząd Miasta Tarnobrzeg. Retrieved 23 October 2008.
- "Radom Official Website – Partner Cities". (in English and Polish) © 2007 Urząd Miasta Radom. Retrieved 23 October 2008.
- "Bratislava City – Twin Towns". © 2003–2008 Bratislava-City.sk. Retrieved 26 October 2008.
- www.praha-mesto.cz. "Partner cities". Retrieved 9 October 2008.
- "Partnership towns of the City of Košice" (in Slovak). © 2007–2009 City of Košice Magistrát mesta Košice, Tr. SNP 48/A, 040 11 Košice. Retrieved 12 July 2009. External link in
- "Sister cities of Budapest". Official Website of Budapest (in Hungarian). Retrieved 1 July 2009.
- "Douzelage.org: Home". www.douzelage.org. Retrieved 21 October 2009.
- "Douzelage.org: Member Towns". www.douzelage.org. Retrieved 21 October 2009.