Live performance in Pune on 17 July 2009
|Born||3 August 1936|
|Origin||Hariharpur, Azamgarh district, Uttar Pradesh, India|
|Genres||Hindustani classical music, Thumri|
Pandit Chhannulal Mishra (born 3 August 1936) is a Hindustani classical singer from Banaras, a noted exponent of the Kirana gharana (school) of the Hindustani classical music and especially the Khayal and the 'Purab Ang' – Thumri.
He has won 'Shiromani Award' of Sur Singar Sansad, Bombay; Uttar Pradesh Sangeet Natak Akademi Award; Naushad Award of U.P. Govt; Yash Bharti Award of U.P Government and the Bihar Sangeet Shiromani Award. He was awarded the Padma Bhushan, India's third highest civilian honour, on 25 January 2010. He was awarded the Padma Vibhushan India's second highest civilan award in 2020
He first learnt music with his father, Badri Prasad Mishra, and was then was educated by 'Ustad Abdul Ghani Khan' of the Kirana gharana. He was trained thereafter by Thakur Jaidev Singh.
- Ramcharitmanas - Album containing 6 tracks sung in Shri Ram's praise
- Anjali (Hindi: अंजलि, literally Offering) – Audio CD with 10 tracks which include four Stutis, two Shlokas, two Chalisas, one Stotra and one Vandana dedicated to various aspects of Shakti – Durga, Mahakali, Kali, Saraswati, Vindhyeshwari, Sitala, Ganga, Bhavani.
- Echoes of Benaras Volume 3 – Audio CD with three Thumris, one Sawani and one Chaiti.
- Holi Ke Rang – Tesu Ke Phool (Hindi: होली के रंग – टेसू के फूल, literally The colours of Holi, the flowers of Tesu) – Audio CD with eight songs on Holi, seven describing the Holi of Radha and Krishna and one describing the Holi of Parvati and Shiva .
- Kabir (Hindi: कबीर) – A set of two audio CDs with 12 Bhajans authored by Kabir, a middle-age mystic from Benares.
- Krishna Madhav (Hindi: कृष्ण माधव) – A set of two audio CDs with 12 Bhajans dedicated to Krishna.
- Purvaiya – Chaiti (Hindi: पुरवइया – चैती, literally From the Orient – Songs of Chaitra) – Audio CD with nine songs of the Chaiti genre which are traditionally sung in the Hindu month of Chaitra (March–April) which falls during spring.
- Purvaiya – Kajari (Hindi: पुरवइया – कजरी, literally From the Orient – Songs of Rain) – Audio CD with eight songs of the Kajari genre which are traditionally sung during the rainy season.
- Rama Raga (Hindi: राम राग, literally The Raga of Rama) – Audio CD with a one-hour rendition of the three words Raja (King), Rama and Raga in various Ragas.
- Tulsidas – Ramcharitmanas (Hindi: तुलसीदास – रामचरितमानस) – Audio CD with five excerpts from the Ramcharitmanas of Tulsidas in different Ragas.
- Shiv Vivah (Hindi: शिव विवाह, literally The marriage of Shiva) – Audio CD with the marriage of Parvati and Shiva from the Ramcharitmanas of Tulsidas sung in eleven different Ragas, along with four Bhajans dedicated to Shiva.
- Spirit Of Benares – Audio CD with two Khayals, two Thumris and two Dadaras.
- Krishna – From The Heart Of Benaras – Audio CD with nine songs dedicated to Krishna.
- Sundar Kand (Hindi: सुन्दरकाण्ड) – A set of four audio CDs with the entire Sundar Kand of the Ramcharitmanas of Tulsidas sung in different Ragas, along with two Bhajans dedicated to Hanuman.
- Music from the living room - Pt Channulal Mishra
- Makar Records MAKCD027 The Lyrical Tradition of Khyal 8 - Pandit Channulal Mishra.
- Aarakshan (Hindi: आरक्षण) (2011) – Two songs, Kaun Si Dor with Shreya Ghoshal and Saans Albeli.
- Mohalla Assi -Title track
- Kirana Archived 20 August 2008 at the Wayback Machine Gharana at indoclassical.com.
- Pandit Chhannulal Mishra performs.. The Hindu, 18 February 2005.
- Ganapathy, T. K. (23 February 2012). "Spirited show by veterans". The Hindu. Chennai, India.
- "Yash Bharti awards revived in U.P". The Hindu. Chennai, India. 24 March 2013.
- Artists Pandit Chhannulal Mishra at WOMEX.
- Artist details Archived 15 March 2008 at the Wayback Machine Channulal Mishra at worldwiderecordsindia.com.
- "This Year's Padma Awards announced" (Press release). Ministry of Home Affairs. 25 January 2010. Retrieved 25 January 2010.
- Jan 25, Binay Singh | TNN |; 2020; Ist, 22:16. "Varanasi: Pt. Chhannulal Mishra gets Padma Vibhushan Award | Varanasi News - Times of India". The Times of India. Retrieved 26 January 2020.
- "MINISTRY OF HOME AFFAIRS" (PDF). padmaawards.gov.in. Retrieved 25 January 2020.
- Even in a family where music was... livemint.com, 11 August 2007.
- The heart of Varanasi Archived 4 November 2006 at the Wayback Machine The Hindu, 7 June 2005.