Tuxedo Park, Calgary
|• Mayor||Naheed Nenshi|
|• Administrative body||Calgary City Council|
|• Councillor||Gian-Carlo Carra|
|Elevation||1,070 m (3,510 ft)|
|• Average Income||$46,027|
|Website||Tuxedo Park Community Association|
Tuxedo Park is a residential neighbourhood in the north-east quadrant of Calgary, Alberta. The inner city community is bounded to the north by 32 Avenue N, by Edmonton Trail to the east, the Trans-Canada Highway to the south and 2 Street NW to the west. The community is bisected by Centre Street from north to south.
Tuxedo was annexed by the city in 1910 and it was established as a neighbourhood in 1929. It is represented in the Calgary City Council by the Ward 9 councillor.
Residents in this community had a median household income of $46,027 in 2005, and there were 21.3% low income residents living in the neighbourhood. As of 2006, 19.2% of the residents were immigrants. A proportion of 51.0% of the buildings were condominiums or apartments, and 53.9% of the housing was used for renting.
Balmoral Junior High public school and St. Paul School (Catholic) are located in Tuxedo Park. Kindergarten to Grade 6 students attend Buchanan, Rosedale, and Mount View Elementary Schools. Grades 7-9 students attend G. P. Vanier Junior High School, Balmoral Junior High School and St. Joseph Junior High School (Catholic). Grades 10-12 students attend either James Fowler High School or Crescent Heights High School. There is also an adult ESL school on 130 28th Avenue NE (Chinook Learning Services, formerly Tuxedo Park Elementary School).
- Centre Street N, cuts through Tuxedo Park (north-south)
- Edmonton Trail NE (east border)
- 16 Avenue N / Trans-Canada Highway (south border)
- 32 Avenue N (north border)
- 20 Avenue N (cuts through Tuxedo Park (west-east))
- 4 Street NW (located nearby to the west)
- 12 Avenue N (located nearby to the south)
Bus Routes (Calgary Transit, April 2012):
- Route 2 Killarney-17th Ave / Mount Pleasant
- Route 3 Elbow Drive / Sandstone
- Route 4 Huntington
- Route 5 North Haven
- Route 17 Renfrew / Ramsay
- Route 19 16th Avenue North
- Route 62 Hidden Valley (Express)
- Route 64 MacEwan (Express)
- Route 69 Deerfoot Centre
- Route 109 Harvest Hills (Express)
- Route 116 Coventry Hills (Express)
- Route 119 16th Avenue North
- Route 142 Panorama Hills (Express)
- Route 300 BRT Airport / City Centre
- Route 301 BRT North / City Centre
- "Calgary Elections". City of Calgary. October 21, 2013. Retrieved October 22, 2013.
- City of Calgary (2006). "Tuxedo Park Community Statistics" (PDF). Retrieved 2007-05-10.
- "2012 Civic Census Results" (PDF). City of Calgary. 2012. Retrieved February 4, 2013.
- "Community Boundaries" (Esri shapefile). City of Calgary. Retrieved February 5, 2013.
- City of Calgary (2004). "Ward 9 Profile" (PDF). Retrieved 2007-05-10.
||Queens Park Village||Highland Park||Greenview Industrial Park|
|Mount Pleasant||Winston Heights - Mountview|