|Alma mater||Université du Québec à Montréal, Pembroke College, Oxford|
|Board member of||Twitter, Lightspeed Retail, Trudeau Foundation|
|Awards||National Order of Québec|
Patrick Pichette is a Canadian businessperson, and a general partner at the venture capital fund Inovia Capital. He is the chair of the Twitter Board of Directors. He was senior vice president and chief financial officer of Google Inc from 2008 until 2015. He is listed as a director and board member for Lightspeed POS. and the Trudeau Foundation.
Early life and education
Pichette was born and grew up in Montreal.
He holds a Bachelor of Business Administration from Université du Québec à Montréal (UQAM) (1987) and an MA in Philosophy, Politics and Economics from Pembroke College, Oxford. He received a Rhodes scholarship.
In March 2015, he announced he would retire to travel the world. He said he retired to "enjoy a perfectly fine midlife crisis full of bliss and beauty.” He was succeeded as CFO by Ruth Porat.
In April 2018, he announced he would be joining Inovia Capital, a venture capital firm with offices in Montreal, Toronto, San Francisco and London. After becoming a general partner at Inovia Capital, Pichette is splitting his time between the firm's offices in London, Canada and Silicon Valley.
In 2021 Pichette was appointed as a board member of indoor cycling app Zwift.
Pichette was appointed independent Board Chair of Twitter on June 2, 2020; he had been the lead independent director since 2018. He also is Chair of Montreal based Lightspeed POS, and of the Trudeau Foundation. In addition, Pichette is on the advisory board of numerous startups including Hopper, LabGenius, and Arctoris.
Pichette now lives in London, and is married to Tamar Pichette.
He and his wife Tamar are involved in a number of philanthropic projects including a conservation and research project with Nature Conservancy Canada in protecting Kenauk, a 65,000 acre territory between Montreal and Ottawa. They are also active partners in a project with HCP, building an eye hospital in Ethiopia.
- "Former Google CFO Patrick Pichette just joined the world of venture capital", Connie Loizos, April 11, 2018, TechCrunch
- "Bell Canada Executive Patrick Pichette to Join Google Executive Team". Google.
- "Former Google CFO Patrick Pichette's vacation is over: He's becoming a VC".
- "Google CFO to take on HR duties". HR Grapevine. 14 April 2011. Retrieved 28 October 2014.
- Liz Gannes (April 11, 2011). "More Google Management Changes: CFO Patrick Pichette Adds BizOps and HR to His Duties". All Things D. Retrieved January 26, 2017.
- Guyunn, Jessica (10 March 2015). "Google CFO Patrick Pichette to retire". USA Today. Retrieved 10 March 2015.
- Patrick Pichette (March 10, 2015). "Blog posting". Google Plus. Retrieved January 26, 2017.
- "INovia Sngas CFOs from Google and Blackberry to Lead Growth Fund", The Globe and Mail, April 11, 2018
- "Top Google / RIM Executives Join Canada's iNovia Capital To Transform Growth Investing"Top Google", iNovia Capital
- brought CDL to Oxford
- "About Us". Arctoris. Retrieved 2020-07-14.
- "Patrick Pichette - National Order of Quebec (In French)". ordre-national.gouv.qc.ca. Retrieved March 10, 2021. CS1 maint: discouraged parameter (link)
- http://kenauk.com and http://institutkenauk.org