|This article relies too much on references to primary sources. (August 2014)|
Google Swiffy is a web-based tool developed by Google that converts SWF files to HTML5. Its main goal is to display Flash contents on devices that do not support Flash, such as iPhone, iPad, and Android Tablets.
- Google Chrome
- Firefox 5+ (partly supported)
- IE9 (partly supported) and IE10
- Webkit-based browsers
Swiffy was started in the summer of 2011 by Google engineering intern Pieter Senster, who joined their mobile advertising team to search for solutions to display Flash content on devices that do not support Flash. Progress on Swiffy was sufficient that Google hired him full-time and formed a team to work on the project. The product manager of Google Swiffy is Marcel Gordon.
Swiffy 6.0.1 was released on February 11, 2014.
- Wallaby by Adobe converts FLA files to HTML5.
- Pieter Albertus Mathijs Senster, The design and implementation of Google Swiffy: a Flash to HTML5 converter
- Google Code Blog - Swiffy: convert SWF files to HTML5