University of Santo Tomas College of Nursing
|Dean||Assoc. Prof. Susan N. Maravilla, R.N., M.A.N.|
|Regent||Rev. Fr. Julius Paul C. Factora, R.N., OP, JCD|
|Students||2,009 (as of 2011)|
|Location||St. Martin de Porres Building, UST, Sampaloc, Manila|
|Patron saint||Saint Elisabeth of Hungary|
|Colors||Green and yellow|
The University of Santo Tomas College of Nursing, popularly known as "UST Nursing", is the nursing school of the University of Santo Tomas, the oldest and the largest Catholic university in Manila, Philippines.
Established in 1946, the college is the first College of Nursing in the Philippines. It is proclaimed to be a Center of Excellence by the Commission on Higher Education and a consistent Top Performing Nursing School in the Philippine Nursing Licensure Examinations.
The first Nursing Educational Program in the country was offered by this University as Escuela de Practicantes, and was founded in 1879. However, it was closed in 1904. A School of Home Nursing was opened in 1939 and was closed at the outbreak of the war in 1941. The present course offering is the Philippines' first Basic Collegiate Baccalaureate Programme offered for the first time in February 1946.
- Bulauan, J.A.A. & Garcia, J.C.V. (2011-01-26). "Too many students, so few classrooms". The Varsitarian. Retrieved 2011-06-06.
- Pioneer Nursing Schools and Colleges in the Philippines
- Top Nursing Schools for June 2009 | PRC Board Exam Results Philippines
- - University of Santo Tomas College of Nursing]
- University of Santo Tomas - Official website of University of Santo Tomas
- Nursing Central Board of Students