London Buses route 82
|Garage||Potters Bar (PB)|
|Peak vehicle requirement||31|
|Night-time||Night Bus N13|
St John's Wood
Hyde Park Corner
Route 82 was introduced in 1986 to replace former route 2B between Baker Street and Golders Green station and the Sunday service of the former route 26. It ran from Victoria station to Golders Green station.
Metroline successfully tendered to retain the route, with a new contract commencing on 2 April 2005. Metroline commenced a further contract on 31 March 2012. When next tendered, it was awarded to Tower Transit with the route to transfer on 1 April 2017 and will change to route 13.
Route 82 operates via these primary locations:
- North Finchley Tally Ho Corner
- Finchley Central station
- Golders Green station
- Finchley Road & Frognal station
- Finchley Road station
- Swiss Cottage station
- St. John's Wood station
- Lord's Cricket Ground
- Baker Street station
- Marble Arch station
- Hyde Park Corner station
- Victoria bus station
On April 1st 2017 the route 82 will be replaced by the route 13
- Blacker, Ken (2007). Routemaster: 1970–2005. 2 (2nd ed.). Harrow Weald: Capital Transport. ISBN 978-1-85414-303-7.
- "Route 82 - award announced 23 September 2004". Transport for London. 23 September 2004. Retrieved 2 June 2014.
- Tender News Bus Talk (Go-Ahead London) issue 5 December 2011
- "Contract wins for four operators large and small" Buses Magazine issue 739 October 2016 page 23
- Route 82 Map Transport for London