|Yang Berhormat Tuan
|Member of the Malaysian Parliament
for Klang, Selangor
8 March 2008
|Preceded by||Tan Yee Kew (MCA – BN)|
1 November 1960 |
Selangor, Federation of Malaya (now Malaysia)
|Political party||Democratic Action Party – Pakatan Rakyat|
|Alma mater||The New School|
Charles Santiago (born 1 November 1960) is a Malaysian politician and is Member of the Parliament of Malaysia for the Klang constituency in Selangor. He is a member of the Democratic Action Party (DAP) party in the Pakatan Rakyat opposition coalition.
Santiago was first elected to Parliament in the 2008 election winning the seat of Klang from the governing Barisan Nasional coalition. Prior to his election, Santiago was an economist and worked for non-governmental organisations such as the Coalition Against Water Privatisation and Monitoring Sustainability of Globalisation Malaysia.
|2008||Charles Santiago (DAP)||37,990||65.18%||Ch'ng Toh Eng (MCA)||20,289||34.81%||59,323||17,701||76.23%|
|2013||Charles Santiago (DAP)||53,719||64.82%||Teh Kim Poo (MCA)||29,034||35.04%||84,214||24,685||86.75%|
- Charles Santiago staff. "About Charles Santiago". Retrieved 6 March 2016.
- "Malaysia Decides 2008". The Star. Archived from the original on 11 January 2010. Retrieved 17 January 2010.
- "Turning thirst into trade". New Straits Times. 15 March 2003. Retrieved 17 January 2010.
- Yeen, Oh Ing (27 June 2008). "MP: Syabas profiting from reconnection fees". The Star. Retrieved 17 January 2010.
- "Highest water rates in Selangor". The Star. 29 June 2004. Retrieved 17 January 2010.
|This article about a Malaysian politician is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|