Wong Ling Biu
Wong Ling Biu
|Member of the Malaysian Parliament|
5 May 2013 – 19 November 2022
|Preceded by||Ding Kuong Hiing |
|Succeeded by||Huang Tiong Sii |
|Majority||505 (2013) |
Wong Ling Biu
12 February 1959
|Political party||Democratic Action Party (DAP)|
|Pakatan Rakyat (PR) |
Pakatan Harapan (PH)
|Children||Jackie Wong Siew Cheer |
Roderick Wong Siew Lead
|Other names||Andrew Wong Ling Biu|
Wong Ling Biu (simplified Chinese: 黄灵彪; traditional Chinese: 黃靈彪; pinyin: Huáng Língbiāo) is a Malaysian politician who served as the Member of Parliament (MP) for Sarikei from May 2013 to November 2022. He is a member of the Democratic Action Party (DAP), a component party of the Pakatan Harapan (PH) and formerly Pakatan Rakyat (PR) coalitions.
On 7 March 2020, Wong was admitted at Sibu Hospital as a patient under investigation (PUI) for COVID-19 and was later tested positive on 15 March 2020. After a 79-day admission including 42 days of coma, Wong was finally discharged on 30 May 2020. His son, the national hammer thrower champion Jackie Wong Siew Cheer, had also contracted the COVID-19 virus from him, was discharged earlier on 27 May after 73 days treatment at the same hospital since 16 March. In 2021, Wong was among six elected representatives from Sarikei Division to receive their first dose of the COVID-19 vaccine.
In 2022 Malaysian general election, Wong decided not to contest for the Sarikei parliamentary seat. His son, Roderick Wong, which was his special assistant, replaced him for the quest of the seat. However, his son Roderick failed to defend the seat.
|2013||P208 Sarikei, Sarawak||Wong Ling Biu (DAP)||14,263||50.90%||Ding Kuong Hiing (SUPP)||13,758||49.10%||28,353||505||77.58%|
|2018||Wong Ling Biu (DAP)||16,327||53.57%||Huang Tiong Sii (SUPP)||13,757||45.14%||30,895||2,570||78.09%|
|Wong Chin King (PBK)||392||1.29%|
- ^ "Laman Utama Spacer Profile Ahli Dewan". Parlimen.gov.my. Retrieved 4 September 2017.
- ^ Chan Wai Kit (15 March 2020). "Report: Sarikei MP tests positive for Covid-19". Malay Mail. Retrieved 15 March 2020.
- ^ "Covid-19: Sarikei MP discharged from hospital after 79-day battle". The Borneo Post. 3 June 2020. Retrieved 3 June 2020.
- ^ "Covid-19: Hammer thrower Jackie Wong discharged after two months in hospital". The Borneo Post. 27 May 2020. Retrieved 3 June 2020.
- ^ "Sarikei MP among six elected reps vaccinated". The Borneo Post. 3 March 2021. Retrieved 8 March 2021.
- ^ Khalik, Rudi Affendi (9 November 2022). "Tough for father-to-son inheritance in Sarikei". New Sarawak Tribune. Archived from the original on 9 November 2022. Retrieved 31 January 2023.
- ^ Chua, Sam (19 October 2022). "Chong: Some DAP incumbents may not defend seats in Sarawak". The Borneo Post. Archived from the original on 18 November 2022. Retrieved 31 January 2023.
- ^ Boon, Peter (23 October 2022). "DAP's Roderick Wong takes father's place to contest Sarikei in GE15". The Borneo Post. Archived from the original on 18 November 2022. Retrieved 31 January 2023.
- ^ "DAP retains five seats, loses Sarikei". New Sarawak Tribune. 20 November 2022. Archived from the original on 26 November 2022. Retrieved 31 January 2023.