Abdullah Sani Abdul Hamid
Abdullah Sani Abdul Hamid
|عبدالله سني عبدالحميد|
|Faction represented in Dewan Rakyat|
|2008–2018||People's Justice Party|
|Born||15 February 1962|
Perak, Federation of Malaya (now Malaysia)
|Political party||People's Justice Party (PKR)|
|Pakatan Harapan (PH)|
Pakatan Rakyat (PR)
Dato' Abdullah Sani bin Abdul Hamid (Jawi: عبدالله سني بن عبدالحميد; born 15 February 1962) is a Malaysian politician and the Member of Parliament (MP) of Malaysia for the Kapar constituency in Selangor. He is a member of the People's Justice Party (PKR) in the Pakatan Harapan (PH) ruling coalition. He was the MP for the Kuala Langat constituency previously from 2008 to 2018.
Born in Perak, and with a background as a trade unionist, Abdullah Sani was elected to Parliament in the 2008 general election, narrowly winning the seat of Kuala Langat from the ruling Barisan Nasional coalition. He was re-elected in the 2013 general election with an increased margin. In 2013 he also won election as deputy president of the Malaysian Trades Union Congress. He was a prominent player in the 2014 Kajang Move, an internal PKR machination to oust Selangor's Chief Minister, and PKR member, Khalid Ibrahim. He is also a member of the Central Leadership Council of PKR.
In the 2018 general election, Abdullah Sani contested and won the Kapar parliamentary seat.
|2008||P112 Kuala Langat, Selangor||Abdullah Sani Abdul Hamid (PKR)||26,687||50.94%||Sulaiman Mohd Karli (UMNO)||25,698||49.06%||52,792||989||79.37%|
|2013||Abdullah Sani Abdul Hamid (PKR)||40,983||53.09%||Sharuddin Omar (UMNO)||35,625||46.15%||78,718||5,358||88.97%|
|2018||P109 Kapar, Selangor||Abdullah Sani Abdul Hamid (PKR)||47,731||44.99%||Mohana Muniandy Raman (MIC)||26,412||24.90%||107,829||16,306||86.27%|
|Abd Rani Osman (PAS)||31,425||29.62%|
|Manikavasagam Sundaram (PRM)||525||0.49%|
- Negeri Sembilan :
- Penang :
- Kandiah, Sugasini (5 January 2013). "Kuala Langat: Indians to decide the winner". The Malaysian Insider. Archived from the original on 18 October 2014. Retrieved 18 October 2014.
- "Malaysia Decides 2008". The Star (Malaysia). Archived from the original on 9 April 2008. Retrieved 18 January 2010.
- Lee, Patrick (22 December 2013). "Incumbent MTUC president Mohd Khalid retains post". The Star. Retrieved 18 October 2014.
- Wani Muthiah; Loh Foon Fong (3 August 2014). "PKR reps want MB out". The Star. Retrieved 18 October 2014.
- "Majlis Pimpinan Pusat". Parti Keadilan Rakyat. Archived from the original on 18 March 2015. Retrieved 31 March 2015.
- "Keputusan Pilihan Raya Umum Parlimen/Dewan Undangan Negeri" (in Malay). Election Commission of Malaysia. Retrieved 6 June 2010. Percentage figures based on total turnout.
- "Malaysia General Election". undiinfo Malaysian Election Data. Malaysiakini. Retrieved 4 February 2017. Results only available from the 2004 election.
- "KEPUTUSAN PILIHAN RAYA UMUM 13". Sistem Pengurusan Maklumat Pilihan Raya Umum (in Malay). Election Commission of Malaysia. Retrieved 24 March 2017.
- "my undi : Kawasan & Calon-Calon PRU13 : Keputusan PRU13 (Archived copy)". www.myundi.com.my. Archived from the original on 31 March 2014. Retrieved 9 April 2014.
- "Keputusan Pilihan Raya Umum ke-13". Utusan Malaysia. Archived from the original on 21 March 2018. Retrieved 26 October 2014.
- "SEMAKAN KEPUTUSAN PILIHAN RAYA UMUM KE - 14" (in Malay). Election Commission of Malaysia. Retrieved 17 May 2018. Percentage figures based on total turnout.
- "The Star Online GE14". The Star. Retrieved 24 May 2018. Percentage figures based on total turnout.
- "SEMAKAN PENERIMA DARJAH KEBESARAN, BINTANG DAN PINGAT". Prime Minister's Department (Malaysia). Retrieved 25 October 2018.
- "Yang Di-Pertuan Besar of Negri Sembilan's 83rd Birthday Honours list". The Star. 25 July 2005. Retrieved 29 November 2018.
- "ZURAIDA BENGANG ABDULLAH SANI TERIMA GELARAN 'DATUK'". Smasa News. SmasaNews.com. 1 November 2016. Retrieved 29 November 2018.