(Redirected from Ss)
|Look up SS in Wiktionary, the free dictionary.|
SS is an abbreviation for Schutzstaffel, a former paramilitary organisation in Nazi Germany.
SS, Ss, or similar may refer to:
Arts and entertainment
- SS (band), an early Japanese hardcore punk band
- SS (manga), a Japanese comic produced between 2000 and 2003
- S.S., for Sosthenes Smith, pseudonym of H. G. Wells's book A Vision of the Past
- ß or ss, a German language ligature
- Ss (digraph) used in Chinese transliteration for the phoneme /z/
- sensu stricto, Latin phrase meaning "in the strict sense"
- Scilicet, used as a section sign
- Swazi language (ISO 639-1 code "ss")
- SS, a type of switch-reference in linguistics
- Guangdong Experimental High School (Sheng Shi or Sang Sat), China
- Province of Sassari, Italy (vehicle plate code)
- South Sudan (ISO 3166-1 code SS)
- SS postcode area, UK, around Southend
Science and technology
- .ss, top-level domain country code for South Sudan
- Slave select or chip select, a control line for a computer data bus
- SS register, or stack segment register, in x86 processor
- Super speed USB, or USB 3.0
Biology and medicine
- (+)-sabinene synthase, an enzyme
- Sjögren's syndrome, an autoimmune disease
- Sweet's syndrome or acute febrile neutrophilic dermatosis, a disease
- Ship prefix for (single-screw) steamship
- Submarine, by US Navy hull classification
- Shortstop, a fielding position in baseball and softball
- Special stage (rallying)
- Strong safety, a defensive position in American and Canadian football
- Corsair International (IATA airline code SS)
- Maatschappij tot Exploitatie van Staatsspoorwegen, a Dutch private railroad
- Sand Springs Railway in Oklahoma, US (railroad reporting mark SS)
- SS Cars Ltd, Jaguar from 1945
- Stockholms Spårvägar, a Swedish streetcar and bus company.
- Chevrolet SS, sport sedan.
|This disambiguation page lists articles associated with the title SS.
If an internal link led you here, you may wish to change the link to point directly to the intended article.