(Redirected from Ss)
|Look up SS in Wiktionary, the free dictionary.|
SS is an abbreviation for Schutzstaffel, a former paramilitary organisation in Nazi Germany.
SS, Ss, or similar may refer to:
Arts and entertainment
- SS (band), an early Japanese hardcore punk band
- SS (manga), a Japanese comic produced between 2000 and 2003
- S.S., initials used by H. G. Wells, standing for Sosthenes Smith, under which he wrote A Vision of the Past
- Silent Sanctuary, a Filipino alternative rock band
Government and military
- Scout Sniper, a trained sniper in the United States Marine Corps
- Secret service, a government agency, or the activities of a government agency, concerned with the gathering of intelligence data
- ß or ss, a German language ligature
- Ss (digraph), a Latin alphabet digraph used in Chinese transliteration for the phoneme /z/
- scilicet (§ or ss.), Latin phrase meaning "namely" or "as follows"
- sensu stricto, Latin phrase meaning "in the strict sense"
- Scilicet, used in legal papers to indicate venue
- Swazi language (ISO 639-1 code "ss")
- SS, glossing abbreviation for "same subject" in switch-reference
- Guangdong Experimental High School (Sheng Shi or Sang Sat), in Guangzhou, China
- Province of Sassari, Italy (vehicle plate code)
- South Sudan (ISO 3166-1 code SS)
- SS postcode area, UK, a group of postal codes surrounding Southend, in England
- Sub-Saharan Africa
Science and technology
- Stainless steel, often tagged as SS to differentiate from plain steel.
- SteadyShot, a sensor-based camera image stabilization system by Sony
- Suspended solids, small solid particles in water
- .ss, top-level domain country code for South Sudan
- Sega Saturn, a video game console released by Sega in 1994
- Server-side, operations that are performed by the server in a client–server relationship
- Slave select or chip select, a control line for a computer data bus
- SS register, or stack segment register, a term used in x86 computer architecture
- Super speed USB, an abbreviation for USB 3.0
Biology and medicine
- (+)-sabinene synthase, an enzyme
- Sickle-cell disease
- Sjögren's syndrome, an autoimmune disease (or Sicca syndrome)
- Subjects, as used in human subject research
- Sweet's syndrome or acute febrile neutrophilic dermatosis, a disease
- Systemic scleroderma or systemic sclerosis
- SS class blimp, a class of anti-submarine warfare blimps
- Super Sport (Chevrolet), a performance option package offered by Chevrolet on many of its vehicles
- Surface-to-surface missile developed by the Soviet Union, according to NATO reporting names
- Ship prefix for (single-screw) steamship
- Submarine, by US Navy hull classification
- Shortstop, a fielding position in baseball and softball
- Special stage (rallying), a competitive section of a stage rally event
- Strong safety, a defensive position in American and Canadian football
- Corsair International (IATA airline code SS)
- Maatschappij tot Exploitatie van Staatsspoorwegen, a Dutch private railroad
- Sand Springs Railway in Oklahoma, US (railroad reporting mark SS)
- SS Cars Ltd, a British car maker which in 1945 changed its name to Jaguar to avoid association with the Nazi SS
- Stockholms Spårvägar, a Swedish streetcar and bus company.
- Chevrolet SS, sport sedan.
|This disambiguation page lists articles associated with the title SS.
If an internal link led you here, you may wish to change the link to point directly to the intended article.