Dhupguri (community development block)
|Community development block|
|• Total||535.27 km2 (206.67 sq mi)|
|• Density||780/km2 (2,000/sq mi)|
|• Official||Bengali, English|
|Time zone||IST (UTC+5:30)|
|Lok Sabha constituency||Jalpaiguri|
|Vidhan Sabha constituency||Dhupguri, Nagrakata, Madarihat|
Dhupguri (community development block) is an administrative division in Jalpaiguri Sadar subdivision of Jalpaiguri district in the Indian state of West Bengal. Dhupguri and Banarhat police stations serve this block. Headquarters of this block is at Dhupguri. Municipalities include Dhupguri while the census towns in this block are: Banarhat and Binnaguri.
Dhupguri is located at.
Gram panchayats of Dhupguri block/ panchayat samiti are:
- Banarhat I
- Banarhat II
- Gadong I
- Gadong II
- Jharaltagram I
- Jharaltagram II
- Magurmari I
- Magurmari II
- Sakoajhora I
- Sakoajhora II
- Salbari I
- Salbari II.Total GP - 16.
As per 2011 Census of India Dhupguri CD Block had a total population of 414,854 of which 380,090 were rural and 34,764 were urban. There were 210,571 males and 204,283 females. Scheduled Castes numbered 190,816 and Scheduled Tribes numbered 87,273.
As per 2011 census the total number of literates in Dhupguri CD Block was 251,875, out of which 142,427 were males and 109.448 were females.
NH 17 passes through the block.
- "Contact details of Block Development Officers". Jalpaiguri district. West Bengal Government. Retrieved 2011-03-20.
- "Provisional Population Totals, West Bengal , Table 4". Census of India 2001, Jalpaiguri district (02). Census Commissioner of India. Archived from the original on 2011-07-19. Retrieved 2011-03-20.
- "BRGF Allotment Order No. 13 dated 17.12.2009" (PDF). Jalpaiguri district. Government of West Bengal - Department of Panchayats & Rural Development. Archived from the original (PDF) on 18 August 2011. Retrieved 20 March 2011.
- "C.D. Block Wise Primary Census Abstract Data(PCA)". West Bengal – District-wise CD Blocks. Registrar General and Census Commissioner, India. Retrieved 15 August 2015.