Old Malda (community development block)
পুরানো মালদা সমষ্টি উন্নয়ন ব্লক
|Community development block|
|• Total||228 km2 (88 sq mi)|
|• Density||580/km2 (1,500/sq mi)|
|• Official||Bengali, English|
|Time zone||IST (UTC+5:30)|
|Lok Sabha constituency||Maldaha Uttar|
|Vidhan Sabha constituency||Maldaha|
Old Malda (community development block) is an administrative division in Malda Sadar subdivision of Malda district in the Indian state of West Bengal. Maldah police station serves this block. Headquarters of this block is at Narayanpur.
Jatradanga, a constituent panchayat of Old Malda community development block, is located at.
As per 2001 census, Old Malda block has a total population of 131,230 out of which 67,592 were males and 63,638 were females. Old Malda block registered a population growth of -1.33 per cent during the 1991-2001 decade. Decadal growth in West Bengal was 17.84 per cent.
- "Contact details of Block Development Officers". Malda district. West Bengal Government. Retrieved 2011-02-17.
- "Old Malda at a Glance". Maldah District. District administration. Retrieved 2011-02-14.
- "GPwise Population of Malda district". Malda district. Malda district administration. Retrieved 2011-02-14.
- "Census of India 2001, Provisional Population Totals, West Bengal, Table - 4". Maldah District (06). Government of West Bengal. Retrieved 2010-10-25.
- "Provisional Population Totals, West Bengal. Table 4". Census of India 2001. Census Commission of India. Retrieved 2011-01-20.