|Alternative names||Sop Sodara|
|Place of origin||Indonesia|
|Region or state||Makassar, South Sulawesi|
|Created by||Haji Dollahi|
|Main ingredients||Beef or buffalo meat, cow's lung, rice vermicelli, perkedel, ginger, galangal, lime leaf, lemongrass, nutmeg, cinnamon|
Sop saudara is a richly spiced soup contains bits of beef or buffalo meat and its offals (usually fried cow's lungs), rice vermicelli, perkedel (fried potato patty) and hard boiled egg. The soup is made of rich beef stock, spiced with a mixture of spices. The spices includes garlic, shallot, candlenut, coriander, caraway, ginger, galangal, lime leaf, lemongrass, nutmeg and cinnamon. Garnishing include chopped scallion and bawang goreng (crispy fried shallot).
Sop saudara was created by Haji Dollahi, he worked for Haji Subair, a famous Coto Makassar traditional meat soup seller in Makassar circa 1950s. Both men hailed from a town in Pangkajene Islands Regency (Pangkajene Kepulauan or Pangkep) and made their business in selling traditional meat soup.
After three years working for Haji Subair, Haji Dollahi decided to establish his own business in 1957. His first stall was located in Karebosi area, Makassar. The name "sop saudara" which means "brotherly soup" was inspired from the name coto paraikatte (the name of warung that sells Coto Makassar). In Makassar dialect, paraikatte means "relative", "fellow" or "kin", thus Haji Dollahi wished the soup will promote a brotherly sentiment with his customers.
- Coto Makassar
- Konro, Bugis-Makassar spicy cow's ribs soup, similar or related to ribs soto
- List of Indonesian soups
- List of soups
|Wikimedia Commons has media related to Sop Saudara.|
- Usman (23 March 2012). "Wisata Kuliner Makassar: Menikmati Sop Saudara Dan Ikan Bandeng Bakar Khas Pangkep". MakassaRTV. Archived from the original on 5 March 2016. Retrieved 25 July 2013.
- Odilia Winneke (21 May 2012). "Konro Bakar Empuk Racikan Daeng Memang". detikFood. Retrieved 25 July 2013.
- "Sop Pakai Lombok". Sumut Pos. 9 November 2009. Retrieved 25 July 2013.
- "Menu Tradisional Bugis". Okezone.com. 15 November 2008. Retrieved 25 July 2013.
- Muhammad Nur Abdurrahman (21 March 2013). "5 Kuliner Paling Lezat dari Makassar". detikTravel. Retrieved 25 July 2013.
- Franciscus Didik. "Cara Membuat Soup Saudara Khas Makassar Asli Sedap dan Nikmat". Resep Masakan Internasional (in Indonesian).
- "Cerita Menarik Seputar Sop Saudara Makassar". panduanwisata.com. Retrieved 2013-06-28.