|Place of origin||Indonesia|
|Region or state||North Sumatra|
|Serving temperature||Hot or room temperature|
|Main ingredients||Fish in spices|
Distinctively Batak elements of the dish are the use of torch ginger fruit (asam cikala), and andaliman (Indonesian szechuan pepper). Common Indonesian vegetables and spices such as shallots, garlic, ginger, fresh turmeric root and chili are also used.
Andaliman, essential for the distinctive taste of the dish, is known to grow only in the Batak highlands of North Tapanuli and Samosir, hence this dish is regarded as being specifically of the Batak Toba and Mandailing people, who dwell in these areas.
- n-andaliman-spiced-carp-batak/ "Arsik Recipe (Spiced Carp with Torch Ginger and Andaliman – Mandailing Style)". Indonesia Eats. 12 July 2012.
- "Arsik Recipe (Spiced Carp with Torch Ginger and Andaliman – Mandailing Style)". Indonesia Eats. 12 July 2012.
- https://www.barongtrans.my.id/2022/02/masakan-arsik-na-niarsik-simbol-kuliner.html }}
- Resep arsik yang sederhana
- Kakap bumbu arsik
- Resep dengan sedikit latar belakang budaya
- Masakan Arsik Na Niarsik Simbol Kuliner Bangso Batak