|Alternative names||Tahu bunkeng|
|Place of origin||Indonesia|
|Region or state||Southeast Asia|
|Main ingredients||Deep-fried tofu|
Tahu sumedang or Tahu bunkeng is a Sundanese deep-fried tofu from Sumedang, West Java, Indonesia. It was first made by Chinese Indonesian Ong Kino. It has some different characteristic from other tofu.
In 1917, a Chinese Indonesian Ong Kino made the first tofu in Sumedang, West Java. After returning to China, he bequeathed his business to his son, Ong Bun Keng (Chinese:王文卿). From 1970 until 1980 the business advanced. In 1992, the business achieved the highest success and is still very successful to this day. Now the business is taken over by Ong Yu Kim and is almost taken over again by Ong Tje Tjiang.[clarification needed]
Tahu sumedang characteristics are its content half empty or completely empty. It has a creamier inside than the normal white tofu. The taste is savory. It is best served with lontong, various kinds of sambal, soy sauce or cabe rawit. Eko Hendrawan Sofyan of Kompas said that the size of tahu sumedang is about 2.5–3 cm x 3 cm. He also described that tahu sumedang is light brown, mottled shell, crunchy, and tasty.
- Gunawan & Khairunnisa 2010, p. 106
- Saragih & Sarwono 2001, p. 5
- Ganie, Suryatini N. (7 May 2006). "From Doufu to tahu". The Jakarta Post. Archived from the original on 3 May 2013. Retrieved 7 January 2012.
- Oey 1997, p. 343
- Sofyan, Eko Hendrawan (7 January 2012). "Tahu Sumedang, Lezat berkat Air Tampomas". Kompas. Retrieved 12 April 2012.
- Gunawan, Iwan; Khairunnisa, Anita (2010). Yuniawati, Reny; Koswara, Rani Andriani (eds.). Sentra Bisnis Jawa Barat: Panduan Wisata Belanja & Kuliner Khas Jawa Barat. Jakarta: TransMedia. ISBN 978-979-799-150-0.
- Oey, Eric (1997). Java. Hong Kong: Periplus Editions. ISBN 978-962-593-244-6.
- Saragih, Yan Pieter; Sarwono, B. (2001). Membuat Aneka Tahu. Depok: Penebar Swadaya. ISBN 978-979-489-610-5.
- Setyautama, Sam (2008). Mihardja, Suma (ed.). Tokoh-Tokoh Etnis Tionghoa di Indonesia. Jakarta: Kepustakaan Populer Gramedia. ISBN 978-979-9101-25-9.