List of countries by population growth rate
This article includes a table of countries and self-governing dependent territories by annual population growth rate.
The table below shows annual population growth rate history and projections for various areas, countries, regions and sub-regions from various sources for various time periods.
The right-most column shows a projection for the time period shown using the medium fertility variant. Preceding columns show actual history. The number shown is the average annual growth rate for the period.
Population is based on the de facto definition of population, which counts all residents regardless of legal status or citizenship—except for refugees not permanently settled in the country of asylum, who are generally considered part of the population of the country of origin. This means that population growth in this table includes net changes from immigration and emigration. For a table of natural increase, see List of countries by natural increase.
- World population
- Human overpopulation
- Overshoot (population)
- List of population concern organizations
- "World Bank Population growth (annual %)". Retrieved 4 October 2014.
- "The World Factbook". Retrieved 4 October 2014.
- CIA The World Factbook: Population growth rate. Retrieved 11/08/2015.
- "United Nations Population Div, World Population Prospects 2017, File: Population Growth Rate, retrieved 5/20/18". Archived from the original on 2016-09-27.
- Mainland only. Excludes SARs
- Includes Mayotte
- Metropolitan France only
- Recent official estimates show a growth rate of 1.00 per Statistics New Zealand Archived 2008-02-14 at the Wayback Machine
- Consists of Jersey and Guernsey