Raghunathganj II (community development block)
রঘুনাথগঞ্জ II সমষ্টি উন্নয়ন ব্লক
|Community development block|
|• Total||99.77 km2 (38.52 sq mi)|
|• Density||1,900/km2 (5,000/sq mi)|
|• Official||Bengali, English|
|Time zone||IST (UTC+5:30)|
|Lok Sabha constituency||Jangipur|
|Vidhan Sabha constituency||Raghunathganj|
Raghunathganj II (community development block) is an administrative division in Jangipur subdivision of Murshidabad district in the Indian state of West Bengal. Raghunathganj police station serves this block. Headquarters of this block is at Jangipur. There are three census towns in this block: Jot Kamal, Sahajadpur and Khodarampur.
Jot Kamal, a census town in Raghunathganj II block, is located at
As per 2011 Census of India Raghunathganj II CD Block had a total population of 265,336, of which 131,236 were rural and 134,100 were urban. There were 135,723 males and 129,613 females. Scheduled Castes numbered 23,242 and Scheduled Tribes numbered 86.
As per 2011 census the total number of literates in Raghunathganj II CD Block was 133,722 out of which 72,489 were males and 61,233 were females.
- "Contact details of Block Development Officers". Murshidabad district. West Bengal Government. Retrieved 2011-02-20.
- "Provisional Population Totals, West Bengal , Table 4". Census of India 2001, Murshidabad district. Census Commissioner of India. Retrieved 2011-02-20.
- "BRGF Allotment Order No. 12" (PDF). Government of West Bengal Department of Panchayats & Rural Development. Retrieved 2011-02-17.
- "C.D. Block Wise Primary Census Abstract Data(PCA)". West Bengal – District-wise CD Blocks. Registrar General and Census Commissioner, India. Retrieved 14 October 2015.
- "Groundwater Arsenic contamination in West Bengal-India (20 years study )". SOES. Retrieved 2011-02-17.