UFC Fight Night: Hunt vs. Oleinik
|UFC Fight Night: Hunt vs. Oleinik|
The poster for UFC Fight Night: Hunt vs. Oleinik.
|Promotion||Ultimate Fighting Championship|
|Date||September 15, 2018|
UFC Fight Night: Hunt vs. Oleinik (also known as UFC Fight Night 136) was a mixed martial arts event produced by the Ultimate Fighting Championship held on September 15, 2018 at Olimpiyskiy Stadium in Moscow, Russia.
While not officially announced, the promotion was initially targeting a heavyweight bout between former UFC Heavyweight Champion Fabrício Werdum and Aleksei Oleinik to serve as the main event. However, on May 22, Werdum was flagged for a potential USADA doping violation and his status moving forward became unknown. On July 19, the promotion announced that a bout between the 2001 K-1 World Grand Prix winner and former interim title challenger Mark Hunt and Oleinik would serve as the event headliner. On September 11, USADA announced that Werdum was suspended for two years due to steroid trenbolone and its metabolite epitrenbolone.
Rustam Khabilov was expected to face Kajan Johnson at UFC Fight Night: Werdum vs. Volkov. However, Khabilov pulled out of the fight citing an injury and the bout was scrapped. The pairing was rescheduled for this event.
Douglas Silva de Andrade was briefly scheduled to face Petr Yan at the event. However, Andrade pulled out of the fight on August 9 citing a foot injury. He was replaced by promotional newcomer Jin Soo Son.
Cláudio Silva was scheduled to face Ramazan Emeev at the event. However, Silva pulled out of the fight in early September citing a lower back injury. Emeev instead faced promotional newcomer Stefan Sekulić.
Omari Akhmedov was expected to face C.B. Dollaway at the event. However, Akhmedov pulled out of the fight in early September and was briefly replaced by promotional newcomer Artem Frolov. However, after just three days, Frolov backed out of the fight citing lingering injuries. He was replaced by promotional newcomer Khalid Murtazaliev.
At the weigh-ins, Jin Soo Son and Mairbek Taisumov both missed the required weight for their respective fights. Son weighed in at 137 pounds, 1 pound over the bantamweight non-title fight limit of 136. Meanwhile, Taisumov weighed in at 161 pounds, 5 pounds over the lightweight non-title fight limit of 156. Son was fined 20 percent of his purse, which went to his opponent Petr Yan, while Taisumov surrendered 40 percent of his purse to Desmond Green.
|Main Card (UFC Fight Pass)|
|Heavyweight||Aleksei Oleinik||def.||Mark Hunt||Submission (rear-naked choke)||1||4:26|
|Light Heavyweight||Jan Błachowicz||def.||Nikita Krylov||Submission (arm-triangle choke)||2||2:41|
|Heavyweight||Shamil Abdurakhimov||def.||Andrei Arlovski||Decision (unanimous) (29–28, 30–27, 30–27)||3||5:00|
|Welterweight||Alexey Kunchenko||def.||Thiago Alves||Decision (unanimous) (30–27, 29–28, 29–28)||3||5:00|
|Preliminary Card (UFC Fight Pass)|
|Middleweight||Khalid Murtazaliev||def.||C.B. Dollaway||TKO (referee stoppage)||2||5:00|
|Catchweight (137 lb)||Petr Yan||def.||Jin Soo Son||Decision (unanimous) (30–27, 30–27, 29–28)||3||5:00|
|Lightweight||Rustam Khabilov||def.||Kajan Johnson||Decision (split) (29–28, 28–29, 29–28)||3||5:00|
|Catchweight (161 lb)||Mairbek Taisumov||def.||Desmond Green||Decision (unanimous) (30–27, 30–27, 30–27)||3||5:00|
|Light Heavyweight||Magomed Ankalaev||def.||Marcin Prachnio||KO (head kick and punches)||1||3:09|
|Middleweight||Jordan Johnson||def.||Adam Yandiev||Submission (arm-triangle choke)||2||0:42|
|Welterweight||Ramazan Emeev||def.||Stefan Sekulić||Decision (unanimous) (29–28, 30–27, 30–26)||3||5:00|
|Bantamweight||Merab Dvalishvili||def.||Terrion Ware||Decision (unanimous) (30–25, 30–25, 30–25)||3||5:00|
The following fighters received $50,000 bonuses:
- Fight of the Night: Petr Yan (Jin Soo Son was unable to receive bonus money due to missing weight)
- Performance of the Night: Alexey Oleinik, Jan Błachowicz and Magomed Ankalaev
- Staff (2018-09-15). "UFC Fight Night 136 draws reported 22,603 attendance for $1.84 million live gate". mmajunkie. Retrieved 2018-09-16.
- John Morgan (2018-05-16). "UFC Fight Night Moscow marks promotion's debut in Russia on Sept. 15". mmajunkie.com. Retrieved 2018-05-16.
- Radik Khuzin (2018-06-01). "UFC optimized ticket prices for the first event in Russia" (in Russian). sport-express.ru. Retrieved 2018-06-01.
- Shaun Al-Shatti (2018-05-21). "Fabricio Werdum vs. Alexey Oleynik set to headline UFC Moscow". mmafighting.com. Retrieved 2018-05-21.
- Tristen Critchfield (2018-05-22). "Fabricio Werdum facing USADA anti-doping violation for failed out-of-competition drug test". sherdog.com. Retrieved 2018-05-22.
- Dale Jordan (2018-07-19). "Mark Hunt vs Alexey Oleynik headlines UFC Fight Night 136 in Russia". mmamad.com. Retrieved 2018-07-19.
- Steven Marrocco (2018-09-11). "USADA: Fabricio Werdum suspended two years for steroid". mmajunkie.com. Retrieved 2018-09-12.
- Staff (2018-02-08). "Rustam Khabilov says he's off London's UFC Fight Night 127 lineup". mmajunkie.com. Retrieved 2018-08-08.
- Shakiel Mahjouri (2018-08-08). "Rustam Khabilov vs Kajan Johnson rebooked For UFC Moscow". mmasucka.com. Retrieved 2018-08-08.
- Guilherme Cruz (2018-08-09). "Douglas Silva de Andrade injured, out of UFC Moscow fight with Petr Yan". mmafighting.com. Retrieved 2018-08-09.
- Staff (2018-08-18). "Petr Yan meets replacement opponent Jin Soo Son at UFC Moscow". mmajunkie.com. Retrieved 2018-08-18.
- Marcel Dorff (2018-08-17). "Jordan Johnson replaces the injured Krzysztof Jotko against Adam Yandiev in Moscow" (in Dutch). mmadna.nl. Retrieved 2018-08-17.
- Guilherme Cruz (2018-09-03). "Claudio Silva injured, out of UFC Moscow fight with Ramazan Emeev". mmafighting.com. Retrieved 2018-09-03.
- Marcel Dorff (2018-09-07). "UFC debutant Stefan Sekulic tackles short notice fight against Ramazan Emeev in Moscow" (in Dutch). mmadna.nl. Retrieved 2018-09-07.
- Marcel Dorff (2018-09-04). "M-1 Global Champion Artem Frolov makes UFC debut against CB Dollaway in Moscow" (in Dutch). mmadna.nl. Retrieved 2018-09-04.
- Marcel Dorff (2018-09-07). "CB Dollaway again without an opponent after injury Artem Frolov" (in Dutch). mmadna.nl. Retrieved 2018-09-07.
- Lennart Van Arendonk (2018-09-08). "Khalid Murtazaliev replaces Artem Frolov at UFC: Moscow" (in Dutch). mmadna.nl. Retrieved 2018-09-09.
- Staff (2018-09-14). "UFC Fight Night 136 weigh-in results: Two miss, but headliners set". mmajunkie.com. Retrieved 2018-09-14.
- "UFC Fight Night: Hunt vs. Oleynik". Ultimate Fighting Championship. Retrieved 2018-07-20.
- Staff (2018-09-15). "UFC Fight Night 136 bonuses: Oleinik, Blachowicz among $50,000 winners". mmaunkie. Retrieved 2018-09-16.