UFC Fight Night: Thompson vs. Pettis
|UFC Fight Night: Thompson vs. Pettis|
The poster for UFC Fight Night: Thompson vs. Pettis.
|Promotion||Ultimate Fighting Championship|
|Date||March 23, 2019|
UFC Fight Night: Thompson vs. Pettis (also known as UFC Fight Night 148 or UFC on ESPN+ 6) was a mixed martial arts event produced by the Ultimate Fighting Championship that was held on March 23, 2019 at Bridgestone Arena in Nashville, Tennessee.
A bantamweight bout between Martin Day and Chris Gutiérrez was scheduled for the event. However, it was reported that Day was pulled from the bout due to injury and he was replaced by Ryan MacDonald.
Marlon Vera was expected to face Frankie Saenz in a bantamweight bout at UFC 235. However, the bout was cancelled on fight week when Vera pulled out due to illness. The bout was rescheduled and eventually took place at this event.
At the weigh-ins, Luis Peña weighed in at 148.5 lb, 2.5 pounds over the featherweight non-title fight limit of 146 lb. He was fined 30% of his fight purse and his bout against Steven Peterson proceeded at catchweight.
|Main Card (ESPN+)|
|Welterweight||Anthony Pettis||def.||Stephen Thompson||KO (punches)||2||4:55|
|Heavyweight||Curtis Blaydes||def.||Justin Willis||Decision (unanimous) (30–27, 30–26, 30–25)||3||5:00|
|Lightweight||John Makdessi||def.||Jesús Pinedo||Decision (unanimous) (30–27, 30–27, 29–28)||3||5:00|
|Flyweight||Jussier Formiga||def.||Deiveson Figueiredo||Decision (unanimous) (30–27, 29–28, 29–28)||3||5:00|
|Catchweight (148.5 lb)||Luis Peña||def.||Steven Peterson||Decision (unanimous) (30–27, 30–27, 30–27)||3||5:00|
|Women's Flyweight||Maycee Barber||def.||JJ Aldrich||TKO (knee and punches)||2||3:01|
|Preliminary Card (ESPN+)|
|Featherweight||Bryce Mitchell||def.||Bobby Moffett||Decision (unanimous) (29–28, 29–28, 29–28)||3||5:00|
|Bantamweight||Marlon Vera||def.||Frankie Saenz||TKO (punches)||1||1:25|
|Women's Flyweight||Jennifer Maia||def.||Alexis Davis||Decision (unanimous) (29–28, 29–28, 29–28)||3||5:00|
|Women's Strawweight||Randa Markos||def.||Angela Hill||Submission (armbar)||1||4:24|
|Bantamweight||Chris Gutiérrez||def.||Ryan MacDonald||Decision (unanimous) (30–27, 30–27, 30–27)||3||5:00|
|Flyweight||Jordan Espinosa||def.||Eric Shelton||Decision (unanimous) (29–28, 30–27, 30–27)||3||5:00|
The following fighters were awarded $50,000 bonuses:
- Fight of the Night: Bryce Mitchell vs. Bobby Moffett
- Performance of the Night: Anthony Pettis and Randa Markos
- Staff (2019-03-24). "UFC on ESPN+ 6 draws announced 10,863 attendance for $939,095.99 live gate". mmajunkie.com. Retrieved 2019-03-24.
- Staff (2018-11-04). "UFC announces 2019 first quarter schedule: ESPN debut Jan. 19 in Brooklyn". mmajunkie.com. Retrieved 2018-11-04.
- Ariel Helwani (2019-01-15). "Anthony Pettis will fight Stephen Thompson in UFC welterweight debut". espn. Retrieved 2019-01-15.
- Staff (2019-01-19). "UFC's return to Nashville official with Stephen Thompson vs. Anthony Pettis headliner". mmajunkie.com. Retrieved 2019-01-20.
- David Tees (2019-02-27). "Report: Ryan MacDonald replaces Martin Day at UFC Fight Night Nashville". fightful.com. Retrieved 2019-02-27.
- Staff (2019-02-27). "Vera vs. Saenz scratched from UFC 235". ufc.com. Retrieved 2019-02-27.
- Marcel Dorff (2019-03-04). "Marlon Vera vs. Frankie Saenz again scheduled, this time UFC Nashville" (in Dutch). mmadna.com. Retrieved 2019-03-04.
- Canadian Press (2019-03-13). "Canadian John Makdessi gets new opponent for UFC card in Nashville". sports net.ca. Retrieved 2019-03-13.
- Mike Bohn (2019-03-22). "Canadian John Makdessi gets new opponent for UFC card in Nashville". mmajunkie.com. Retrieved 2019-03-22.
- "UFC Fight Night: Thompson vs. Pettis". Ultimate Fighting Championship. Retrieved 2019-01-20.
- Alexander K. Lee (2019-03-24). "UFC Nashville bonuses: Anthony Pettis rewarded for early Knockout of the Year candidate". mmafighting.com. Retrieved 2019-03-24.