UFC Fight Night: Barnett vs. Nelson
|UFC Fight Night: Barnett vs. Nelson|
|Promotion||Ultimate Fighting Championship|
|Date||September 27, 2015|
|Venue||Saitama Super Arena|
The event was the fourth that the organization has hosted in Saitama, following UFC 144 in February 2012, UFC on Fuel TV: Silva vs. Stann in March 2013, and UFC Fight Night: Hunt vs. Nelson in September 2014.
The event was headlined by a heavyweight bout between former UFC Heavyweight champion Josh Barnett and The Ultimate Fighter 10 heavyweight winner Roy Nelson. Both men had coached opposite each other on the show Road to UFC: Japan.
The featherweight final of Road to UFC: Japan, a new UFC reality series that was held in conjunction with the event, was featured on the card. The bout ended in a split draw, a first for the reality show series finale fights. During the show the UFC announced that as a result of the draw both fighters would receive six-figure UFC contracts.
|Main Card (Fox Sports 1)|
|Heavyweight||Josh Barnett||def.||Roy Nelson||Decision (unanimous) (48–47, 48–47, 50–45)||5||5:00|
|Middleweight||Uriah Hall||def.||Gegard Mousasi||TKO (flying knee and punches)||2||0:25|
|Flyweight||Kyoji Horiguchi||def.||Chico Camus||Decision (unanimous) (30–27, 30–27, 30–27)||3||5:00|
|Bantamweight||Takeya Mizugaki||def.||George Roop||Decision (unanimous) (29–28, 29–28, 29–28)||3||5:00|
|Featherweight||Diego Brandao||def.||Katsunori Kikuno||TKO (punches)||1||0:28|
|Featherweight||Mizuto Hirota||vs.||Teruto Ishihara||Draw (split) (28–29, 29–28, 29–29)||3||5:00||[a]|
|Preliminary Card (Fox Sports 2)|
|Welterweight||Keita Nakamura||def.||Li Jingliang||Technical Submission (standing rear-naked choke)||3||2:17|
|Lightweight||Nick Hein||def.||Yusuke Kasuya||Decision (unanimous) (30–27, 29–28, 29–28)||3||5:00|
|Lightweight||Kajan Johnson||def.||Naoyuki Kotani||Decision (unanimous) (29–28, 29–28, 30–27)||3||5:00|
|Welterweight||Shinsho Anzai||def.||Roger Zapata||TKO (hand injury)||3||0:47|
- Road to UFC: Japan Featherweight Final
The following fighters were awarded $50,000 bonuses:
- Fight of the Night: None awarded
- Performance of the Night: Josh Barnett, Uriah Hall, Diego Brandao and Keita Nakamura
- Staff (2015-09-27). "UFC Fight Night 75: Barnett vs. Nelson attendance figures from Japan". mmaweekly.com. Retrieved 2015-09-27.
- Damon Martin (2015-05-14). "Josh Barnett vs. Roy Nelson headlines UFC's return to Japan". foxsports.com. Retrieved 2015-05-14.
- Staff (2015-08-26). "Lineup set for 'UFC Fight Night 75: Nelson vs. Barnett' in Japan". mmajunkie.com. Retrieved 2015-08-26.
- Matt Boone (2015-05-14). "Nelson-Barnett set to coach "Road To The UFC: Japan"". mmanews.com. Retrieved 2015-05-14.
- James Goyder (2015-06-26). "Meet the eight featherweights who will compete on Road to UFC: Japan". fightland.vice.com. Retrieved 2015-08-16.
- Staff (2015-09-27). "Botched Road to UFC Final ends in a draw, but both fighters awarded contracts". mmaweekly.com. Retrieved 2015-09-27.
- Thomas Gerbasi (2015-08-19). "Hall Replaces Carneiro against Mousasi". uk.UFC.com. Retrieved 2015-08-19.
- Staff (2015-08-28). "With Kunimoto out, Nakamura Keita returns to face Li Jingliang at UFC Fight Night 75". mmajunkie.com. Retrieved 2015-08-28.
- Thomas Gerbasi (2015-09-22). "Injuries scrap Yamamoto-Hobar Japan fight". ufc.com. Retrieved 2015-09-22.
- "UFC Fight Night: Barnett vs. Nelson". Ultimate Fighting Championship. Retrieved 2015-06-16.
- Tristen Critchfield (2015-09-27). "UFC Fight Night Japan bonuses: Hall, Barnett, Brandao, Nakamura garner $50K". sherdog.com. Retrieved 2015-09-27.