|UFC 112: Invincible|
|Promotion||Ultimate Fighting Championship|
|Date||April 10, 2010|
|Venue||Concert Arena, Yas Island|
|City||Abu Dhabi, United Arab Emirates|
UFC 112: Invincible was a mixed martial arts event held by the Ultimate Fighting Championship on April 10, 2010, in Abu Dhabi, United Arab Emirates. Due to the time zone difference in Abu Dhabi, UFC 112 was shown live on pay-per-view in the United States at 1 pm ET (10 am PT), with a replay at the regular time of 10 pm ET (7 pm PT).
The event was the first held in the Middle East following the purchase of a 10 percent stake in the UFC parent company Zuffa by Abu Dhabi government-owned Flash Entertainment. It was also the first UFC event to be held outdoors in an open-air arena. The Concert Arena (at the Ferrari World theme park) was erected as a temporary venue for the event and was torn down the following week.
Vitor Belfort was expected to fight Anderson Silva for the Middleweight Championship; however, Belfort injured his shoulder during training and was unable to fight at the event. It was thought that Silva would instead take on Chael Sonnen, but he was unable to take the short notice fight due to lacerations obtained in a UFC 109 bout with Nate Marquardt. Silva ended up fighting Demian Maia.
|Middleweight||Anderson Silva (c)||def.||Demian Maia||Decision (unanimous) (50–45, 50–45, 49–46)||5||5:00||[a]|
|Lightweight||Frankie Edgar||def.||B.J. Penn (c)||Decision (unanimous) (50–45, 48–47, 49–46)||5||5:00||[b]|
|Welterweight||Matt Hughes||def.||Renzo Gracie||TKO (leg kicks and punches)||3||4:40|
|Lightweight||Rafael dos Anjos||def.||Terry Etim||Submission (armbar)||2||4:30|
|Middleweight||Mark Muñoz||def.||Kendall Grove||TKO (punches)||2||2:50|
|Light Heavyweight||Phil Davis||def.||Alexander Gustafsson||Submission (anaconda choke)||1||4:55|
|Welterweight||Rick Story||def.||Nick Osipczak||Decision (split) (29–28, 29–28, 28–29)||3||5:00|
|Welterweight||DaMarques Johnson||def.||Brad Blackburn||TKO (body kick and punches)||3||2:08|
|Lightweight||Paul Kelly||def.||Matt Veach||Submission (guillotine choke)||2||3:41|
|Heavyweight||Jon Madsen||def.||Mostapha al-Turk||Decision (unanimous) (29–28, 29–28, 29–28)||3||5:00|
Fighters were awarded $75,000 bonuses.
- Fight of the Night: Kendall Grove vs. Mark Munoz
- Knockout of the Night: DaMarques Johnson
- Submission of the Night: Rafael dos Anjos
- "UFC 112 in Abu Dhabi draws 11,008 attendance for estimated $3.5 million live gate". mmajunkie.com. April 11, 2009. Retrieved April 14, 2010.
- Loy, Tim (April 15, 2010). "Meltzer: UFC 112 a 'major PPV success'". MMA For Real. Retrieved May 16, 2010.
- "UFC 112". ufc.com. Retrieved January 27, 2010.
- "Concert Arena Photos". MMAFighting.com. April 9, 2010. Archived from the original on April 9, 2010.
- "Shoulder injury forces Vitor Belfort out of UFC 112 title fight with Anderson Silva". mmajunkie.com. February 11, 2010.
- "Anderson Silva, Ed Soares excited about "old school" matchup in new UFC 112 title fight". mmajunkie.com. February 13, 2010.
- "UFC 112: Invincible" card loses Paul Taylor due to medical issues". mmajunkie.com. April 10, 2010.
- "UFC 112 bonuses: Johnson, Dos Anjos, Munoz and Grove earn $75,000 fighter awards". mmajunkie.com. April 11, 2010. Archived from the original on July 10, 2012.