UFC Fight Night: Gustafsson vs. Manuwa
|UFC Fight Night: Gustafsson vs. Manuwa|
The poster for UFC Fight Night: Gustafsson vs. Manuwa.
|Promotion||Ultimate Fighting Championship|
|Date||March 8, 2014|
|Venue||The O2 Arena|
UFC Fight Night: Gustafsson vs. Manuwa (also known as UFC Fight Night 37) was a mixed martial arts event held on March 8, 2014, at The O2 Arena in London, England. The event was shown live in the UK on Channel 5 and BT Sport and in the United States on UFC Fight Pass.
UFC President Dana White initially announced that a bout between Gustafsson and Antônio Rogério Nogueira would be headlining the event. However, just 5 days after the fight was announced news came that Nogueira had to withdraw from the bout due to an injury. Later, reports came that said that Nogueira had never agreed to take the fight against Gustafsson at all.
Brad Pickett was expected to make his Flyweight debut against Ian McCall on this card. However, on February 13, it was announced that McCall had pulled out of the bout and was replaced by promotional newcomer Neil Seery.
|Fight card (UFC Fight Pass)|
|Light Heavyweight||Alexander Gustafsson||def.||Jimi Manuwa||TKO (knee and punches)||2||1:18|
|Lightweight||Michael Johnson||def.||Melvin Guillard||Decision (unanimous) (30–27, 30–27, 29–28)||3||5:00|
|Flyweight||Brad Pickett||def.||Neil Seery||Decision (unanimous) (30–27, 30–27, 29–28)||3||5:00|
|Welterweight||Gunnar Nelson||def.||Omari Akhmedov||Submission (guillotine choke)||1||4:36|
|Preliminary card (UFC Fight Pass)|
|Light Heavyweight||Ilir Latifi||def.||Cyrille Diabaté||Submission (ninja choke)||1||3:02|
|Middleweight||Luke Barnatt||def.||Mats Nilsson||TKO (head kick and punches)||1||4:24|
|Middleweight||Cláudio Silva||def.||Brad Scott||Decision (unanimous) (29–28, 29–28, 29–28)||3||5:00|
|Welterweight||Igor Araújo||def.||Danny Mitchell||Decision (unanimous) (30–27, 30–27, 30–27)||3||5:00|
|Flyweight||Louis Gaudinot||vs.||Phil Harris||No Contest (overturned)||1||1:13||[a]|
- Originally a submission (guillotine choke) victory for Gaudinot , the result was changed to "No Contest" after Gaudinot tested positive for a banned diuretic during a post fight screening.
The following fighters were awarded $50,000 bonuses:
- Fight of the Night: Alexander Gustafsson vs. Jimi Manuwa
- Performance of the Night: Alexander Gustafsson and Gunnar Nelson
- "UFC Fight Night 37 draws reported 14,604 attendance for $2 million live gate". MMAjunkie.com. March 8, 2014.
- "UFC Fight Night 37: Gustafsson vs. Manuwa". MMAjunkie.com. Retrieved March 14, 2014.
- Staff. "Jimi Manuwa meets Alexander Gustafsson when UFC returns to London in March". MMAjunkie.com. Retrieved November 5, 2013.
- "Alexander Gustafsson vs Antonio Rogerio Nogueira set for march 8 in London". mmajunkie.com. 2013-10-26.
- "Antonio Rogerio Nogueira injured, out of Alexander Gustafsson fight". mmafighting.com. 2013-10-31.
- "Injury forces Antonio Rogerio Nogueira out of bout with Alexander Gustafsson". mmajunkie.com. 2013-11-01.
- "UFC boss reveals: Antonio Rogerio Nogueira never agreed to face Gustafsson". mmajunkie.com. 2013-11-10.
- Staff. "Michael Johnson replaces Ross Pearson, meets Melvin Guillard at UFC Fight Night 37". MMAjunkie.com. Retrieved January 23, 2014.
- Adam Guillen Jr. (November 8, 2013). "Brad Pickett drops down to flyweight, wants fight at UFC London event in March of 2014". mmamania.com.
- Staff (2014-02-20). "Irish newcomer Neil Seery meets Brad Pickett at UFC Fight Night 37 in London". MMA Junkie. Retrieved 2014-02-20.
- Staff (2014-03-07). "Saturday's UFC Fight Night 37 lineup loses a bout". MMA Junkie. Retrieved 2014-03-07.
- Matt Erickson (2014-03-08). "Report: Torn meniscus shelved Davey Grant from UFC Fight Night 37". MMA Junkie. Retrieved 2014-03-08.
- John Morgan (June 29, 2014). "Louis Gaudinot tests positive for diuretic, suspended six months by UFC officials". mmajunkie.com. Retrieved June 29, 2014.
- "UFC Fight Night: Gustafsson vs. Manuwa". Ultimate Fighting Championship. Retrieved December 5, 2013.
- John Morgan (2014-03-08). "UFC Fight Night 37 bonuses: Alexander Gustafsson earns dual awards". mmajunkie.com. Retrieved 2014-03-08.