|UFC 80: Rapid Fire|
A poster or logo for UFC 80: Rapid Fire.
|Promotion||Ultimate Fighting Championship|
|Date||January 19, 2008|
|Venue||Metro Radio Arena|
|City||Newcastle, United Kingdom|
The main event was originally scheduled as an interim lightweight championship fight; however, then-lightweight champion Sean Sherk was stripped of his title after the California State Athletic Commission upheld his suspension for testing positive for the anabolic steroid Nandrolone. With the lightweight championship vacated, the Penn vs. Stevenson bout was altered to be for the undisputed lightweight championship.
|Main card (PPV)|
|Lightweight||B.J. Penn||def.||Joe Stevenson||Submission (rear-naked choke)||2||4:02||[a]|
|Heavyweight||Fabrício Werdum||def.||Gabriel Gonzaga||TKO (punches)||2||4:34|
|Welterweight||Marcus Davis||def.||Jess Liaudin||KO (punch)||1||1:04|
|Light Heavyweight||Wilson Gouveia||def.||Jason Lambert||KO (punch)||2||0:37||
|Middleweight||Jorge Rivera||def.||Kendall Grove||TKO (punches)||1||1:20|
|Lightweight||Sam Stout||def.||Per Eklund||Decision (unanimous) (29–27, 30–27, 30–27)||3||5:00|
|Light Heavyweight||Alessio Sakara||def.||James Lee||TKO (punches)||1||1:30||[b]|
|Welterweight||Paul Kelly||def.||Paul Taylor||Decision (unanimous) (30–27, 30–27, 30–27)||3||5:00||[c]|
|Heavyweight||Antoni Hardonk||def.||Colin Robinson||TKO (punch)||1||0:17||[d]|
- For the vacant UFC Lightweight Championship.
- This bout aired last on the PPV broadcast following the Hardonk vs. Robinson fight.
- This bout aired on the PPV broadcast following the Davis vs. Liaudin fight.
- This bout aired on the PPV broadcast following the Penn vs. Stevenson fight.
At the end of this event, $35,000 was awarded to each of the fighters who received one of these three awards.
- Fight of the Night: Paul Taylor vs. Paul Kelly
- Knockout of the Night: Wilson Gouveia
- Submission of the Night: B.J. Penn