UFC on ESPN: dos Anjos vs. Edwards
|UFC on ESPN: dos Anjos vs. Edwards|
The poster for UFC on ESPN: dos Anjos vs. Edwards.
|Promotion||Ultimate Fighting Championship|
|Date||July 20, 2019|
|City||San Antonio, Texas|
UFC on ESPN: dos Anjos vs. Edwards (also known as UFC on ESPN 4) is an upcoming mixed martial arts event produced by the Ultimate Fighting Championship that is planned to take place on July 20, 2019 at the AT&T Center in San Antonio, Texas.
Aleksei Oleinik was expected to face Walt Harris on May 4, 2019 at UFC Fight Night: Iaquinta vs. Cowboy. However, Oleinik was pulled from the pairing with Harris on April 3 and instead faced Alistair Overeem at UFC Fight Night: Overeem vs. Oleinik after former Bellator Heavyweight Champion Alexander Volkov had to withdraw. The pairing has been rescheduled for this event.
A lightweight bout between Alexander Hernandez and Francisco Trinaldo has also been rescheduled for the event. The pairing was first expected to take place on January 26, 2019 at UFC 233. However, Hernandez was pulled from that fight in favor of a bout with former lightweight title challenger Donald Cerrone a week earlier at UFC Fight Night: Cejudo vs. Dillashaw.
A women's flyweight bout between former UFC Women's Bantamweight Championship challenger Liz Carmouche and former UFC Women's Flyweight Championship challenger Roxanne Modafferi was scheduled for the event. However, Carmouche was pulled from that bout in favor of a rematch with current champion Valentina Shevchenko in August at UFC Fight Night: Shevchenko vs. Carmouche. Modafferi is now expected to face former Invicta FC Flyweight Champion Jennifer Maia in a rematch of their 2016 bout, which Maia won via split decision to defend the title.
|Main card (ESPN)|
|Welterweight||Rafael dos Anjos||vs.||Leon Edwards|
|Heavyweight||Aleksei Oleinik||vs.||Walt Harris|
|Heavyweight||Greg Hardy||vs.||Juan Adams|
|Lightweight||James Vick||vs.||Dan Hooker|
|Lightweight||Alexander Hernandez||vs.||Francisco Trinaldo|
|Heavyweight||Andrei Arlovski||vs.||Ben Rothwell|
|Preliminary card (ESPN)|
|Featherweight||Alex Caceres||vs.||Steven Peterson|
|Women's Bantamweight||Raquel Pennington||vs.||Irene Aldana|
|Light Heavyweight||Sam Alvey||vs.||Klidson Abreu|
|Women's Flyweight||Roxanne Modafferi||vs.||Jennifer Maia|
|Bantamweight||Ray Borg||vs.||Gabriel Silva|
|Bantamweight||Mario Bautista||vs.||Jin Soo Son|
|Bantamweight||Domingo Pilarte||vs.||Felipe Colares|
- Newswire (2019-05-12). "UFC announces dates for third, fourth quarter of 2019, including returns to Sacramento, San Antonio, Mexico City". mmafighting.com. Retrieved 2019-05-12.
- Jay Pettry (2019-06-13). "Rafael dos Anjos vs. Leon Edwards to Headline UFC San Antonio". sherdog.com. Retrieved 2019-06-13.
- Ariel Helwani (2019-03-05). "UFC books Oleinik-Harris for May 4". espn.com. Retrieved 2019-05-16.
- Mike Bohn (2019-03-03). "Aleksei Oleinik replaces Alexander Volkov vs. Alistair Overeem in UFC on ESPN+ 7 headliner". mmajunkie.com. Retrieved 2019-03-03.
- Alexander K. Lee (2019-05-16). "UFC San Antonio bouts announced, including Liz Carmouche vs. Roxanne Modafferi, Aleksei Oleinik vs. Walt Harris". mmafighting.com. Retrieved 2019-05-17.
- Cole Shelton (2019-06-13). "Alexander Hernandez vs. Francisco Trinaldo rebooked for UFC on ESPN 4 in San Antonio". sherdog.com. Retrieved 2019-06-13.
- Lucas Rezende (2018-11-11). "Report: Alexander Hernandez steps in for Islam Makhachev against Francisco Trinaldo at UFC 233". bloodyelbow.com. Retrieved 2018-11-12.
- Mike Bohn (2018-12-08). "Donald Cerrone meets Alexander Hernandez in return to lightweight for ESPN featured bout Jan. 19". mmajunkie.com. Retrieved 2018-12-08.
- Brett Okamoto (2019-06-18). "Shevchenko-Carmouche rematch set". espn.com. Retrieved 2019-06-19.
- Farah Hannoun (2019-06-19). "Roxanne Modafferi vs. Jennifer Maia rematch booked for UFC on ESPN 4". mmajunkie.com. Retrieved 2019-06-19.
- "UFC on ESPN: dos Anjos vs. Edwards". Ultimate Fighting Championship. Retrieved 2019-05-21.
|This article related to mixed martial arts is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|