|Part of a series on|
Spaghetti pizza is a variety of pizza where the topping consists of cooked spaghetti, typically a in a tomato sauce. Additional toppings may include cheddar and mozzarella cheeses and pepperoni, bell peppers and mushrooms. In 2017, spaghetti pizza gained media attention when then Prime Minister of New Zealand Bill English posted a recipe to his Facebook account that included tinned spaghetti. The recipe included pineapple as a topping. Responses on social media included support for spaghetti pizza as a simple and cheap family meal.
A basic spaghetti pizza prepared using bolognese sauce
- "Spaghetti pizza". Taste Magazine. News Corp Australia. Retrieved 28 January 2019.
- "Spaghetti Pizza". Betty Crocker. Retrieved 28 January 2019.
- "Deep-Dish Spaghetti Pizza". Food Network. Retrieved 28 January 2019.
- "New Zealand PM divides nation by putting canned spaghetti on pizza". CBC Radio. Canadian Broadcasting Corporation. 6 April 2017. Retrieved 23 February 2019.
- "New Zealand PM sparks outrage with his tinned spaghetti pizza". SBS World News. Special Broadcasting Service. 6 April 2017. Retrieved 1 March 2019.
- Roy, Eleanor Ainge (6 April 2017). "Tinned spaghetti pizza: New Zealand's prime minister shocks with 'monstrous' recipe". The Guardian. Guardian Media Group. Retrieved 23 February 2019.