Visa policy of Bangladesh
As a sovereign state, Bangladesh requires all foreigners to obtain permission to enter its territory. Visas are issued by Bangladesh missions located throughout the world or on arrival to Bangladesh. Extensions are available at the Department of Immigrations and Passport of Bangladesh, and fees vary by country. Most foreigners require a Bangladesh visa to enter Bangladesh.
Visa policy map
Visa on arrival
According to data provided by IATA, the following countries are specifically enumerated as countries whose citizens can obtain visa on arrival for the purpose of official duty, business, investment and tourism regardless of the Bangladeshi mission status:
According to data provided by IATA, citizens of all other countries without a Bangladeshi mission or arriving from such countries may obtain a visa on arrival for the maximum stay of 30 days, except the following 24 (unless they are residing in a country without a Bangladeshi representation):
Alternative visa policy information
No Visa Required seal
Bangladesh missions provide a No Visa Required (NVR) seal for Bangladeshis holding foreign passport and nationality as well as to non-Bangladeshis who are descendants/relation of Bangladeshis. This seal allows the passenger to travel to Bangladesh on multiple occasions without restrictions on duration within the validity of the visa.
The No Visa Required facility is valid until the validity of the passport and can be transferred to the new passport of the same person as required.
Additionally, only holders of diplomatic and official passports of the following countries do not require visas for Bangladesh:
- "Visa Information". Embassy of Bangladesh, Washington, D.C. Retrieved 16 February 2015.
- "National Israel (IL) / Destination Bangladesh (BD)". IATA TimaticWeb. IATA. 16 February 2015.
- "Visa information". Timatic. IATA. Retrieved 23 July 2014.
- "Visa Policy of Bangladesh: Visa on Arrival". Bangladesh Tourism Board. Retrieved 15 February 2015.
- "Eligibility Test for Landing Permit (LP)". Immigration, Bangladesh Police.
- "Visa Information". Embassy of Bangladesh, Washington, DC. Retrieved 15 July 2011.
- "No Visa". Consulate General of Bangladesh, New York. Retrieved 15 July 2011.
- "Guideline for No Visa Required (NVR) Seal". High Commission for Bangladesh, Canada. Retrieved 15 July 2011.