|Wholly owned subsidiary|
|United States and Canada|
|Products||Chicken Wings • Sauces • French Fries|
WingStreet is a restaurant chain specializing in chicken. The restaurant chain is owned by Yum! Brands, which also owns its sister franchises Taco Bell, Pizza Hut, and KFC. As of March 2014, there were close to 5,000 locations in the U.S. and Canada. They are always co-located with Pizza Hut.
In 2003, Yum! launched WingStreet as a hybrid combo unit with an existing Pizza Hut franchise. In 2007, Pizza Hut/WingStreet opened their 1,000th restaurant. In 2007 and 2008, a thousand WingStreet stores a year were opened. On October 19, 2009, Company president Steve Udovic publicized WingStreet's national launch. The chain predicted aggressive growth, adding more than 4,000 locations by 2010.
WingStreet restaurants sell breaded and traditional buffalo wings for take-out and delivery. Their sauces include Teriyaki, Spicy Garlic, Honey BBQ, Garlic Parmesan and Buffalo (Mild, Medium, and Hot), as well as cajun and lemon pepper dry rubs. They also offer sauce-free "Naked" wings.
Aside from chicken wings, the restaurant usually offers additional sides such as fried cheese sticks, chicken tenders, apple pies, french fries (Ranch or Cajun style) and potato wedges. Moreover, certain locations may offer curly fries, jalapeno poppers and onion rings.
- "Pizza Hut to cobrand with WingStreet in 2004". pizzamarketplace.com. February 10, 2004. Retrieved February 10, 2018.
- "Pizza Hut® Takes Wingstreet® National By Offering America Free Wings If "Winged" Team Wins Men's Division 1 College Basketball Title", prnewswire.com,17 May 2014. Retrieved 5 February 2018.
- Slawsky, Richard. "Chicken wings take flight", PizzaMarketplace.com, 6 July 2007. Retrieved 6 May 2009.
- Cyrek, Christopher (October 20, 2009). "Pizza Hut going after wings market". Dallas Business Journal. Dallas, Texas: American City Business Journals, Inc. Retrieved 2011-01-26.
- Press Release, Reuters, 8 May 2008. Retrieved 6 May 2009.