|District||South 24 Parganas|
|• Official||Bengali, English|
|Time zone||IST (UTC+5:30)|
|Lok Sabha constituency||Jaynagar (SC)|
|Vidhan Sabha constituency||Jaynagar (SC), Kultali (SC), Baruipur Purba (SC)|
Jaynagar Majilpur is a town and a municipality in South 24 Parganas district in the Indian state of West Bengal. It is a part of the area covered by Kolkata Metropolitan Development Authority. Both the places are also identified separately a Jaynagar (or Jaynagar) and Majilpur. It is connected to Kolkata by Kolkata Suburban Railway, Sealdah South, Namkhana Section line.
Jaynagar Majilpur is located at 
As per 2011 Census of India Jaynagar Mazilpur had a total population of 25,922, of which 13,234 (51%) were males and 12,688 (49%) were females. Population below 6 years was 2,277. The total number of literates in Jaynagar Mazilpur was 20,898 (88.38% of the population over 6 years). 
As of 2001[update] India census, Jaynagar Majilpur had a population of 23,319. Males constitute 52% of the population and females 48%. Jaynagar Majilpur has an average literacy rate of 76%, higher than the national average of 59.5%: male literacy is 82%, and female literacy is 71%. In Jaynagar Majilpur, 10% of the population is under 6 years of age.
The Jaynagar-Majilpur municipality is divided into 14 wards.As of 2010,it is controlled by the INC-TMC-SUCI(C) alliance.In the 2010 municipal election,the municipality faced a hung verdict. Later, the Congress, with 6 councillors, formed the municipal board with the support of the Trinamool Congress and SUCI, who had 2 and 3 councillors respectively.
- "Base Map of Kolkata Metropolitan area". Kolkata Metropolitan Development Authority. Retrieved 2007-09-03.
- "Jaynagar Majilpur". Wikimapia. Retrieved 2007-09-02.
- "2011 Census – Primary Census Abstract Data Tables". West Bengal – District-wise. Registrar General and Census Commissioner, India. Retrieved 27 April 2016.
- "Census of India 2001: Data from the 2001 Census, including cities, villages and towns (Provisional)". Census Commission of India. Archived from the original on 2004-06-16. Retrieved 2008-11-01.
- Sengupta, Subodh Chandra and Bose, Anjali (editors), 1976/1998, Sansad Bangali Charitabhidhan (Biographical dictionary) Vol I, (Bengali), pp. 522-3, ISBN 81-85626-65-0
- Sengupta, Subodh Chandra and Bose, Anjali (editors), 1976/1998, Sansad Bangali Charitabhidhan (Biographical dictionary) Vol I, (Bengali), pp. 70-1, ISBN 81-85626-65-0